Pages:
Author

Topic: ... Vitamin-D Rollout following 82% reduction in COVID-19 deaths in Spain - page 2. (Read 808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I didn't say doctor. I said nutrition professional, right?...

I didn't say you said doctor. I am saying that if you are taking those amounts you should be supervised by a doctor.

Many nutritional professionals suggest that probably even higher mega-doses of V-D than I take are basically harmless.

Ok. Links please. I've been reading a lot about vitamin D for years, I even take about 20k daily (average) but I haven't heard about those many nutritional professionals saying that amounts higher than 50k are harmless.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
Personally I take around 50,000 a day. Give your body a break. Start checking into it with your nutrition professional.

Cool

That what you just said is bordering on trolling. No doctor who is most favorable to the use of megadoses of vitamin D is going to tell you to take that amount just like that. If you go over 20k a day it's best to get blood work done and at 50k you have to be supervised by a doctor. I don't know which nutritionist you go to but those mega amounts are only used to treat certain diseases, as for example Dr. Coimbra does with autoimmune diseases.

That what you just said is bordering on trolling.

I didn't say doctor. I said nutrition professional, right?... although some of them are doctors, as well, right? Many nutritional professionals suggest that probably even higher mega-doses of V-D than I take are basically harmless.

Are you going to believe doctors? Consider the American Cancer Society:
The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer. Established in 1913, the society is organized into six geographical regions of both medical and lay volunteers operating in more than 250 Regional offices throughout the United States.[2] Its global headquarters is located in the American Cancer Society Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The ACS publishes the journals Cancer, CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians and Cancer Cytopathology.[4]

These jokers have been around for more than 100 years. Every now and again they suggest that they will have the cure in, like, a year or two. People believe them. People have hope in them. So they go under the knife, or get poisoned by chemo, burned by radiation... and die. But Dr. Max Gerson was curing cancer nutritionally right and left back in the '40s and '50s. So they kicked him out of the United States.

Cool
legendary
Personally I take around 50,000 a day. Give your body a break. Start checking into it with your nutrition professional.

Cool

That what you just said is bordering on trolling. No doctor who is most favorable to the use of megadoses of vitamin D is going to tell you to take that amount just like that. If you go over 20k a day it's best to get blood work done and at 50k you have to be supervised by a doctor. I don't know which nutritionist you go to but those mega amounts are only used to treat certain diseases, as for example Dr. Coimbra does with autoimmune diseases.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
we must not forget that data and theories can also be presented to support false facts, especially when there is a lot of money involved.

This is a good point and is definitely true, yes. Thanks - I should have qualified my statement. It can at times certainly be difficult to distinguish between impartial studies and those that are funded to produce specific desired results. Following the money, where it's obvious or visible, can help to inform our understanding of what is and what is not a reliable study.

This is a common argument I use when discussing climate change with climate-skeptics...  the big polluters and fossil-fuel lobby obviously have a vested interest in denying human-caused climate change, similar to the 'cigarettes are safe' argument pushed by the tobacco industry a few decades back.
legendary
^^^ The US recommended daily allowance for vitamin D is 600 international units - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html. This is BS. Standard 5,000 iu caplets isn't enough for most active people. Personally I take around 50,000 a day. Give your body a break. Start checking into it with your nutrition professional.

Cool
legendary
there are all kinds of contradictory thoughts and arguments about effectiveness of all of it.

This is true. For example, some people believe that vaccines are effective, some people believe they aren't. Some people believe the Earth is round*, some people believe it's flat. Some people believe in human-caused climate change, some people think it's a scam.

The issue is that some opinions align with the data, and others do not. Some opinions are reached based on what the data tell us. For other people, opinions are often formed without any consideration of evidence, and then selective evidence is sought to bolster the pre-determined conclusion. Approach the data with an open mind, and you'll generally head towards the truth.

*okay, an oblate spheroid, but with mountains and stuff.

In general I agree with what you say but we must not forget that data and theories can also be presented to support false facts, especially when there is a lot of money involved.

We don't have an algorithm that allows us to decide if the presentation of data and a certain theory are true, that's why I keep a skeptical mind when there is a lot of money involved.

legendary
there are all kinds of contradictory thoughts and arguments about effectiveness of all of it.

This is true. For example, some people believe that vaccines are effective, some people believe they aren't. Some people believe the Earth is round*, some people believe it's flat. Some people believe in human-caused climate change, some people think it's a scam.

The issue is that some opinions align with the data, and others do not. Some opinions are reached based on what the data tell us. For other people, opinions are often formed without any consideration of evidence, and then selective evidence is sought to bolster the pre-determined conclusion. Approach the data with an open mind, and you'll generally head towards the truth.

*okay, an oblate spheroid, but with mountains and stuff.
legendary
The best approach is to take the vaccine. This not only protects you, but also helps to reduce transmission and so protects the as-yet-unvaccinated people as well.

That's simply not true. Vaccines do not prevent you from catching the virus or transmitting it, at least in principle it has not been demonstrated, what they do seem to do is to prevent you from developing a serious clinical picture.

I'll concede that it's not yet proven, but early studies do suggest a reduction in transmission.

~

Sounds like Geert Vanden Bossche (DMV, PhD, independent virologist and vaccine "expert") knows less than most vaccine experts, which means he's not a part of the overwhelming consensus that Covid vaccines are a good idea. Healthy debate is important, but at the same time you can always find one "expert" to support any given position.

This https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.56518102 shows us that there are all kinds of contradictory thoughts and arguments about effectiveness of all of it. And such contradictions are among the whole medical group.

Cool
legendary
The best approach is to take the vaccine. This not only protects you, but also helps to reduce transmission and so protects the as-yet-unvaccinated people as well.

That's simply not true. Vaccines do not prevent you from catching the virus or transmitting it, at least in principle it has not been demonstrated, what they do seem to do is to prevent you from developing a serious clinical picture.

I'll concede that it's not yet proven, but early studies do suggest a reduction in transmission.

~

Sounds like Geert Vanden Bossche (DMV, PhD, independent virologist and vaccine "expert") knows less than most vaccine experts, which means he's not a part of the overwhelming consensus that Covid vaccines are a good idea. Healthy debate is important, but at the same time you can always find one "expert" to support any given position.
legendary

So a nut  (Cnut237) on the internet knows more then someone working a lifetime long in the field

Geert Vanden Bossche, DMV, PhD, independent virologist and vaccine expert, was head of vaccine develpment in German centre of infection research. vaccine wrong weapon to fight.
https://youtu.be/ZJZxiNxYLpc

Yes well, but there are also lots doctors who think COVID vaccines are wonderful.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
Lot of things will emergncy correct the misteaded body.
As I see it the best treatment is the oral nutrition therapie (vitamins D,C,A,E, and zinc)
Obvious with enough sun fruit vegies and less frequencies, covid is barly noticed or non existend  to start with.
https://www.energetichealthinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Position-Paper-v24-Reduced-Size.pdf

But yes, there is evidence that vitamin D helps... and arguably vitamin D supplementation is a good idea anyway for people living at higher latitudes, and also dependent on skin pigmentation.
A healthy lifestyle in general helps to keep your body strong... but vaccination is the most important element here.

So a nut  (Cnut237) on the internet knows more then someone working a lifetime long in the field

Geert Vanden Bossche, DMV, PhD, independent virologist and vaccine expert, was head of vaccine develpment in German centre of infection research. vaccine wrong weapon to fight.
https://youtu.be/ZJZxiNxYLpc

As the unprecedented extent of human intervention in the Covid-19 pandemic is now at risk of resulting in a global catastrope without equal, this call cannot sound loudly and strongly enough.
https://i.ibb.co/DCXRxm1/DB2-B7201-4972-4-ED3-BA06-E30227-BFA252.jpg
legendary
As I see it the best treatment is the oral nutrition therapie (vitamins D,C,A,E, and zinc)
Obvious with enough sun fruit vegies and less frequencies, covid is barly noticed or non existend  to start with.
https://www.energetichealthinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Position-Paper-v24-Reduced-Size.pdf

But yes, there is evidence that vitamin D helps... and arguably vitamin D supplementation is a good idea anyway for people living at higher latitudes, and also dependent on skin pigmentation.
A healthy lifestyle in general helps to keep your body strong... but vaccination is the most important element here.
Obvious with enough sun fruit vegies and less frequencies, covid is barly noticed or non existend  to start with.
legendary
All those comorbidities that the CDC was talking about when they said that their original Covid death count was comorbidities... those deaths are from things like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other thing... not Covid. Now we are finding that many of those comorbidity deaths from the last 30 years could have been cured with the use of somewhat mega-doses of vitamin D.

Battling skin cancer: Vitamin D may be used to boost anti-tumor activity, study finds

British researchers have found that vitamin D helps fight a serious form of skin cancer known as melanoma. In a study published in the journal Cancer Research, they reported that increasing vitamin D levels can help suppress a signaling pathway linked to the growth and spread of melanoma cells.

“[What’s] really intriguing is that we can now see how vitamin D might help the immune system fight cancer,” said Julia Newton-Bishop, a professor of dermatology at the University of Leeds and one of the study researchers.
Increasing Vitamin D receptor expression increases immune activity against melanoma

Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that begins in cells known as melanocytes. While less common than basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, it is more dangerous because it spreads more easily to other organs if left untreated at an early stage. In the United States, nearly 7,000 people die from melanoma every year, while only 2,000 die from basal and squamous cell carcinoma.

Past studies have linked low levels of vitamin D in the body to a worse melanoma outcome. But the precise mechanisms behind this had been unclear. To that end, Newton-Bishop and her team investigated what happens when cells lack a protein called vitamin D receptor (VDR). Vitamin D cannot bind to cells unless the cells have VDRs on their surfaces.

The researchers obtained samples from 703 human melanoma tumors and 353 metastatic ones (tumors that have spread from the original site) to study the expression of the gene that has the instructions for making VDR. Within these samples, they looked for links between the gene’s expression and other features, such as the thickness of the melanoma tumors, how fast they grew and genetic alterations that caused faster tumor growth.

Cool

I say 80-90% of all ills in nothing more than wrong lifestyle.
Not enough SUN, not enough of essential vitamin A, B6, B9, B12, C and D and the minerals zinc, selenium, iron and copper

That was really the point. If a little mega-dosing with vitamin D can reduce comorbidity deaths by 60% to 82%, think of what full and complete, proper nutrition could do for people. EVERYBODY might live to be over 100.

Cool
All those comorbidities that the CDC was talking about when they said that their original Covid death count was comorbidities... those deaths are from things like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other thing... not Covid. Now we are finding that many of those comorbidity deaths from the last 30 years could have been cured with the use of somewhat mega-doses of vitamin D.

Battling skin cancer: Vitamin D may be used to boost anti-tumor activity, study finds

British researchers have found that vitamin D helps fight a serious form of skin cancer known as melanoma. In a study published in the journal Cancer Research, they reported that increasing vitamin D levels can help suppress a signaling pathway linked to the growth and spread of melanoma cells.

“[What’s] really intriguing is that we can now see how vitamin D might help the immune system fight cancer,” said Julia Newton-Bishop, a professor of dermatology at the University of Leeds and one of the study researchers.
Increasing Vitamin D receptor expression increases immune activity against melanoma

Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that begins in cells known as melanocytes. While less common than basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, it is more dangerous because it spreads more easily to other organs if left untreated at an early stage. In the United States, nearly 7,000 people die from melanoma every year, while only 2,000 die from basal and squamous cell carcinoma.

Past studies have linked low levels of vitamin D in the body to a worse melanoma outcome. But the precise mechanisms behind this had been unclear. To that end, Newton-Bishop and her team investigated what happens when cells lack a protein called vitamin D receptor (VDR). Vitamin D cannot bind to cells unless the cells have VDRs on their surfaces.

The researchers obtained samples from 703 human melanoma tumors and 353 metastatic ones (tumors that have spread from the original site) to study the expression of the gene that has the instructions for making VDR. Within these samples, they looked for links between the gene’s expression and other features, such as the thickness of the melanoma tumors, how fast they grew and genetic alterations that caused faster tumor growth.

Cool

I say 80-90% of all ills in nothing more than wrong lifestyle.
Not enough SUN, not enough of essential vitamin A, B6, B9, B12, C and D and the minerals zinc, selenium, iron and copper
legendary

Cool
legendary
Let's say it another way. As of today, there are 467,518 US Covid deaths listed on worldometer.- https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/.

These deaths are before the 94% that the CDC says were due to comorbidities.

These deaths are comparable to the way Spain is reporting deaths in the OP article. What I mean is, Spain hasn't taken the comorbidities into account. This means that the application of high doses of vitamin D aren't only reducing Covid, but they are also reducing deaths from comorbidities... cancer, heart disease, diabetes, flu, pneumonia, loads of things.

In the US, we would have had only 18% of the deaths we had that were originally attributed to Covid, if we had used vitamin D, and if we could say we were comparable to Spain. This means we would have had only 84,153 Covid deaths in the US with vitamin D alone.

Think about it. The CDC says all kinds of contradictory things. The whole Covid thing is a lie. Those who died would have died anyway, without Covid. Fewer would have died because the medical only made the whole thing worse when they blindly tackled Covid. The vaccine will only make it worse than ever... as we are seeing.

Cool
legendary
Looking at the sun doesn't have anything to do with the angel who stands in the sun. He still stands in the sun.
You don't know he's there unless you see him.
When God let John see it so he could write it in the Revelation, John saw it.

Sound traveling through space doesn't have anything to do with an angel speaking in a loud voice.
You don't know what he's said unless you hear him.
When God let John hear it so he could write it in the Revelation, John heard it.

Science know so very little about what there is to know scientifically.
God of the gaps is not a compelling argument.
2000 years ago: "We do not know what causes lightning, therefore it must be a god throwing lightning bolts from the sky."
1000 years ago: "We do not know what keeps the planets in their courses. There must be angels pushing them along."
500 years ago: "We do not know what causes diseases, therefore they must be punishments from God."
200 years ago: "We do not know how the many species of plants and animals could have appeared, therefore God must have created them."
100 years ago: "We do not know how the universe started, therefore God must have done it."
60 years ago: "We do not know how genes are passed from parent to child, therefore traits must be imprinted upon the soul."
As science advances, the domain of things caused by God diminishes. Eventually there will be hardly anything left. Faith and religious belief confer certain social benefits, but there is no underlying truth to them.

"God of the gaps" is the wrong term. The correct term is "mankind of the gaps." God doesn't have any gaps. It's the gaps in the understanding and knowledge of man.

God is Almighty. All the knowledge and strength of combined mankind is smaller in size when compared with God, than an atom of hydrogen in our universe if the universe were packed solidly with atoms of hydrogen.

God knows everything. He made everything through the cause and effect that He started in the creation. In order for there to be the complexity of mankind in our present time, God tossed everything out in the Beginning in just the right way so that cause and effect produces complexity right now.

As science advances, they will soon come to the understanding of how great God really is. But if they try to fight or ignore this truth, they will only destroy themselves with their science.

Vitamin D steers the immune system away from highly inflammatory pathways and toward a pathway that is more regulated. You’re going to get enough vitamin D if you eat a relatively healthy meal and get some sunlight, this can boost your immune system very effective.
In times like these it’s more important than ever to know what’s in our bodies. Vitamin D can keep exposure to COVID-19 from becoming an infection that can cause you and other people harm.

This is reasonably correct. The question is, who knows for sure if a good healthy meal really gives us enough vitamin D - or any other nutrient - for times of trouble, like Covid. It certainly isn't your average doctor... who gets one small nutrition course in his whole medical training.

Cool
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
Vitamin D steers the immune system away from highly inflammatory pathways and toward a pathway that is more regulated. You’re going to get enough vitamin D if you eat a relatively healthy meal and get some sunlight, this can boost your immune system very effective.
In times like these it’s more important than ever to know what’s in our bodies. Vitamin D can keep exposure to COVID-19 from becoming an infection that can cause you and other people harm.
legendary
Looking at the sun doesn't have anything to do with the angel who stands in the sun. He still stands in the sun.
You don't know he's there unless you see him.

Sound traveling through space doesn't have anything to do with an angel speaking in a loud voice.
You don't know what he's said unless you hear him.

Science know so very little about what there is to know scientifically.
God of the gaps is not a compelling argument.
2000 years ago: "We do not know what causes lightning, therefore it must be a god throwing lightning bolts from the sky."
1000 years ago: "We do not know what keeps the planets in their courses. There must be angels pushing them along."
500 years ago: "We do not know what causes diseases, therefore they must be punishments from God."
200 years ago: "We do not know how the many species of plants and animals could have appeared, therefore God must have created them."
100 years ago: "We do not know how the universe started, therefore God must have done it."
60 years ago: "We do not know how genes are passed from parent to child, therefore traits must be imprinted upon the soul."
As science advances, the domain of things caused by God diminishes. Eventually there will be hardly anything left. Faith and religious belief confer certain social benefits, but there is no underlying truth to them.
Pages:
Jump to: