Pages:
Author

Topic: VLT | Veltor | Donar Network | Minimalism. - page 10. (Read 141330 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Sunday update:
early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value. We can't deny, though, that it will significantly dilute their share of the total market capitalization.

No matter your decision, thank you for your support.

Shitstorm in 3... 2... 1..

yeah wtf so ill lose 95% of my share, thats the most unreasonable thing i have heard all day
no matter your decision (because we win anyways), thanks for your support (so we could dump on it)
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
So the past weeks of dumping was because some lucky ones with inside info about this devalutaion of current tokens and new ICO.

Nice way to go and now asking for more 5 to 20 million not sure whose money is gonna be but not mine for sure.

Smells like scam everywhere.
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
It will give early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value.

Reasonably intact? You absolute scumbags. You could easily raise significant funds without deliberately screwing over the early investors like this.

I don't see how anyone in the space is going to trust you again.
Activity: 65
Sunday update:

Veltor will do an initial coin offering in Q3-Q4 2017 in order to distribute the Veltor tokens created by the launch of the new client codebase. The foundation aims to raise between €5 and €20 million (the minimum and maximum will be somewhere in that range). The funds will be used to accelerate development, to sponsor research and to create the Donar Network, a revolutionary blockchain platform.

The Veltor project started as a hobby, but it has since grown beyond what anyone initially imagined. The technology has the potential to transcend the current blockchain disruption. Unfortunately, the vision has become too big to implement with the free time of a handful of people. We need to dedicate serious resources to reach the full potential of the platform.

80% of the tokens will be distributed to ICO investors, while 20% of the tokens will be granted to the foundation, including 5% of the total supply which will be swapped in direct exchange for old Veltor tokens. It will give early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value. We can't deny, though, that it will significantly dilute their share of the total market capitalization.

We realize that this will upset and disappoint a number of loyal followers and sympathize with their position. Who wouldn't want to discover a promising project early and invest some money? Then, it turns out to be next big thing and generates life-changing money in the process. The reality is more sober, however: the funds invested by early investors didn't go to the project team and most of the early coins are held by miners. Without a serious injection of funds, Veltor cannot move forward as a project.

The conundrum was a difficult one. It's easy to say in hindsight, but the early developers probably made a mistake when they published a working client before implementing at least part of the Veltor vision. This lead to a market that reflected the speculative value of the project's future and thus takes value away from a possible ICO. It was a tough spot, but we had to address the situation. The announced ICO terms should lead the Veltor market to reflect the ICO valuation, which is a much more reasonable state for the old network and the future of the project.

As a team deeply rooted in the community, we are accutely aware of the fragile image of Veltor. This announcement certainly does not instill confidence in a market full of scams and questionable projects. We hope that most people will give us the benefit of the doubt for just a few more weeks. We promise you that we have many big announcements in the pipeline that should put any and all doubts to rest.

When we revealed Jason's identity, it was because we made the decision to take this project further. We want to instill the project with strong values and a solid foundation. We want to be transparent, accessible and open to the community. In that spirit, please get in touch with us if you have any sincere questions. We will do our very best to put your minds at ease.

Shitstorm in 3... 2... 1..
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I'm an artist, my paint is code
Sunday update:

Veltor will do an initial coin offering in Q3-Q4 2017 in order to distribute the Veltor tokens created by the launch of the new client codebase. The foundation aims to raise between €5 and €20 million (the minimum and maximum will be somewhere in that range). The funds will be used to accelerate development, to sponsor research and to create the Donar Network, a revolutionary blockchain platform.

The Veltor project started as a hobby, but it has since grown beyond what anyone initially imagined. The technology has the potential to transcend the current blockchain disruption. Unfortunately, the vision has become too big to implement with the free time of a handful of people. We need to dedicate serious resources to reach the full potential of the platform.

80% of the tokens will be distributed to ICO investors, while 20% of the tokens will be granted to the foundation, including 5% of the total supply which will be swapped in direct exchange for old Veltor tokens. It will give early investors a chance to keep their initial investment reasonably intact in terms of absolute value. We can't deny, though, that it will significantly dilute their share of the total market capitalization.

We realize that this will upset and disappoint a number of loyal followers and sympathize with their position. Who wouldn't want to discover a promising project early and invest some money? Then, it turns out to be next big thing and generates life-changing money in the process. The reality is more sober, however: the funds invested by early investors didn't go to the project team and most of the early coins are held by miners. Without a serious injection of funds, Veltor cannot move forward as a project.

The conundrum was a difficult one. It's easy to say in hindsight, but the early developers probably made a mistake when they published a working client before implementing at least part of the Veltor vision. This lead to a market that reflected the speculative value of the project's future and thus takes value away from a possible ICO. It was a tough spot, but we had to address the situation. The announced ICO terms should lead the Veltor market to reflect the ICO valuation, which is a much more reasonable state for the old network and the future of the project.

As a team deeply rooted in the community, we are accutely aware of the fragile image of Veltor. This announcement certainly does not instill confidence in a market full of scams and questionable projects. We hope that most people will give us the benefit of the doubt for just a few more weeks. We promise you that we have many big announcements in the pipeline that should put any and all doubts to rest.

When we revealed Jason's identity, it was because we made the decision to take this project further. We want to instill the project with strong values and a solid foundation. We want to be transparent, accessible and open to the community. In that spirit, please get in touch with us if you have any sincere questions. We will do our very best to put your minds at ease.

Activity: 111
I would really like to buy into this project but there's no way I'm sending anything to Yobit.

Please get VLT added to Novaexchange as someone else suggested... for Bittrex we should obviously wait for the new codebase but we do need a reliable exchange for trading now.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
Some conflicts going on in slack as VLT stating that it's too great an effort to bring VLT on another exchange and that it will likely stay on yobit forever.
Awishformore
I think people should ask themselves the question: if a project is really promising technically, why would it need to go to extreme lengths for marketing and getting on exchanges.
I believe that would save many people from getting involved with the many projects that will disappear 2-3 years from now when the blockchain market consolidates.

I can understand their position, it's better they spend their time on what they find interesting, but I also understand why people in the community want it on a more reliable exchange.

Yep their position is part of why I love the project, but I hope they will modify the policy down the line as more people come to it.
Activity: 180
Merit: 20
Sunday update:

Today we want to announce project Sinni, from host or companion in Old Norse.

Lightning network technology is a breakthrough and can eliminate many of the limitations currently seen in blockchain platforms. However, on the downside, you have to be consistenly connected to the network to receive transactions or to stop people from publishing invalid states. The most effective way of achieving this is to set up a dedicated, unattended node which remains online. In order to avoid introducing centralization through the Veltor Donar Platform, our team was working on ideas to make this cheap and easy.

Sinni is a small embedded hardware node which remains connected to the Veltor network as long as your Internet connection is up. It allows you to connect with a mobile app or through a web interface. It is power efficient and simple to operate. Private keys are stored in a pluggable USB device, which thus makes your entire Veltor identity easily portable. Plug it into your Sinni and it will load your wallet; otherwise, your node is simply a stateless supporter of the peer-to-peer network.

Sinni will come in the shape of a small cube with a status display, ports for USB, power & Ethernet, as well as Wifi and SD card memory.

Key features:
  • Persistent connection to the Veltor Donar Platform
  • Private key protection and backup
  • User-friendly initial configuration via Ethernet
  • Mobile app or web interface to manage your wallet
  • Connects to home network via Wifi or Ethernet
  • Supports the Veltor peer-to-peer network

I want one! Do you guys have any estimation of the price?

All these concepts about releasing the real-world hardware are nice but pulling that off is different than releasing a piece of the code or making progress on a virtual roadmap. The trickery is, the entity that aims to produce goods needs a license, has to be given a green light by local merchandise authorities and must be registered as an entrepreneur. Otherwise it is impossible to sell hardware in most countries.
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
Some conflicts going on in slack as VLT stating that it's too great an effort to bring VLT on another exchange and that it will likely stay on yobit forever.
Awishformore
I think people should ask themselves the question: if a project is really promising technically, why would it need to go to extreme lengths for marketing and getting on exchanges.
I believe that would save many people from getting involved with the many projects that will disappear 2-3 years from now when the blockchain market consolidates.

I can understand their position, it's better they spend their time on what they find interesting, but I also understand why people in the community want it on a more reliable exchange.

If it's just a matter of getting it on a more trustworthy exchange, it would be pretty easy for the community to make this happen. Novaexchange has been around for years and instant listing only costs 0.4 btc.
https://novaexchange.com/addcoin/

Big exchanges will obviously follow naturally later on, but Nova would be a safer place for trading in the meantime.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Do we still get Sunday updates?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Twitter @Acimirov
The Op must be edited with right official twitter page: https://twitter.com/Veltor_Official
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
price taking a beating

oh dear....

Bitcoin is on an all time high now, 90% of altcoins take a beating today.

i don't think that is the reason, because bitcoin was on pump a few days ago and the alt were all suddenly pumped, i think investors just took their profit or miners are dumping all in one volley, otherwise i can't explain this easily
Activity: 65
price taking a beating

oh dear....

Bitcoin is on an all time high now, 90% of altcoins take a beating today.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
price taking a beating

oh dear....
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Sure, but they are still dirty liars, coming with fake promises. In my world, that's a scam. Everything they have said the past weeks has been bullshit.
What kind of fake promises did they make? Please sell your coins to me already if you no longer need them.
Activity: 192
Merit: 19

Sure, but they are still dirty liars, coming with fake promises. In my world, that's a scam. Everything they have said the past weeks has been bullshit.

since you're a hero member, you've obviously been around crypto for a while...

you win some, you lose some.....

you should know that by now.....

You want to talk about scams?

Then you should be concentrating on those ICOs that raise MILLIONS of Dollars but yet have NOTHING to show for it....

Veltor is worth a punt in my books.

It will take some time but since I am not playing with lunch money, I can afford to wait and lose if that happens....

Grin
Activity: 530

My bullshit detector is going off, I feel that these guys have been making false/empty promises for a while now to keep the price from crashing. We are in scam territory now. I don't trust the team anymore, there is too much bullshit.

did they make an ICO and ask you for money?

did they force you to mine or buy their coin?

If you are not happy, you can always sell....

Totally agree with you
Activity: 192
Merit: 19

My bullshit detector is going off, I feel that these guys have been making false/empty promises for a while now to keep the price from crashing. We are in scam territory now. I don't trust the team anymore, there is too much bullshit.

did they make an ICO and ask you for money?

did they force you to mine or buy their coin?

If you are not happy, you can always sell....

Activity: 530

Pages:
Jump to: