Pages:
Author

Topic: VOD should be removed from default trust for systematic abuse of his position - page 18. (Read 55257 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Techshare was removed from DT after ONE accusation of trust abuse.

Fixed that for you.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Yep that's exactly what I did.  I don't feel the need to add anyone to my trust list.  I don't really know anyone here so I don't trust anyone.

You don't need to trust me.  You just need to believe in me

I am your one true Vod.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Unless somebody presents a better system than what we have today, no.

Actually, several improvements which would lead to a better system have been suggested and discussed.  At one point, even Theymos started a topic called "replacing default trust".  It might be time to revisit this.  Anyway, I'm just going to leave these links since I think they provide a bit more context to Lauda's answer of icecube's question:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/replacing-defaulttrust-914641
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trim-or-eliminate-default-trust-1031791

icecube42, best thing you can do for now is remove "Default Trust" from your trust list and build your own list, encourage others to do the same.
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
Now I know for a fact you aren't even reading anything here before posting, just coming here to go "bla bla bla drama".
1) You can't possibly know this 'as a fact'.
2) This is not the case. This thread has been on my watch list for a long time now, however you can't expect me to remember 28 pages of nonsense either.
3) I asked for concrete examples because of number 2.

My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.
Do you know the meaning of the words "trust abuse"? Following you around the forum and posting in the same threads is "trust abuse" in your world?  Roll Eyes

Of course he does.

Techshare was removed from DT after numerous documentations of trust abuse.

This is just a lingering butt hurt thread from it.

~BCX~
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
I keep answering you and clearly you aren't reading what I am posting so I will just start quoting myself and hope you actually read it this time instead of just jumping to reply.

I am not currently accusing Vod of trust abuse (against me personally anyway), understand? He IN THE PAST had abused the trust system against me and was forced by BadBear to remove his negative rating or be excluded by him
Okay, so he may or may have not abused trust in some point of time. Why are you rambling on about his posting behavior (current) then? I don't see this as an abuse of anything. You are allowed to post pretty much anything as long as it doesn't break the rules. Anyone could follow you around and try to insult you/troll you or whatever. Additionally, if he really did abuse his position I think he would have been removed by now. He might overreact sometimes, but you're all humans.  

I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one already has a complete record of his abusive behavior towards me. My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.

He feels he has a right to do this because I DARED mention his name in a topic with his name in the subject line. Considering that his negative rating for me originally was an attempt to silence and punish me for openly discussing his abusive behavior, I am not about to let his harassment silence me on this matter, because that was his goal all along. The ONLY reason I posted it here was so others could have a record of his obsessive behavior. I don't expect you or anyone else will do a damned thing about it, but hopefully it can help some other poor schmoe who does not have any reputation to stand on which he can easily just marginalize as being a scammer. He failed to do that to me, so now he is on a mission to harass and slander me otherwise for not bowing to his insane dictates and abuse.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
The trust list needs to go. To easy to scam using it.
It isn't. It has been working quite decently. If you get scammed it is usually the users fault (not always obviously).

Is there any plans to disable the faulty trust system?
Unless somebody presents a better system than what we have today, no.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
The trust list needs to go. To easy to scam using it.
Is there any plans to disable the faulty trust system?
legendary
Terminated.
I am not currently accusing Vod of trust abuse (against me personally anyway), understand? He IN THE PAST had abused the trust system against me and was forced by BadBear to remove his negative rating or be excluded by him
Okay, so he may or may have not abused trust in some point of time. Why are you rambling on about his posting behavior (current) then? I don't see this as an abuse of anything. You are allowed to post pretty much anything as long as it doesn't break the rules. Anyone could follow you around and try to insult you/troll you or whatever. Additionally, if he really did abuse his position I think he would have been removed by now. He might overreact sometimes, but you're all humans.  

Update: Your posts are redundantly long and thus points can be missed easily. So I was right, mentioning his posting habits has no relevance.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Now I know for a fact you aren't even reading anything here before posting, just coming here to go "bla bla bla drama".
2) This is not the case. This thread has been on my watch list for a long time now, however you can't expect me to remember 28 pages of nonsense either.

My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.
Do you know the meaning of the words "trust abuse"? Following you around the forum and posting in the same threads is "trust abuse" in your world?  Roll Eyes

Either you didn't read my latest post or you have a serious reading comprehension problem, as exhibited by your reply. I am not currently accusing Vod of trust abuse (against me personally anyway), understand? He IN THE PAST had abused the trust system against me and was forced by BadBear to remove his negative rating or be excluded by him. You don't have to read 28 pages, just one post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14231598

There you will find your concrete example of trust abuse because BadBear agreed enough to threaten Vod with exclusion, but again that is not the point of my recent post, only to document his harassment as a result of being forced to remove his abusive rating.
legendary
Terminated.

Vod
legendary
so now he is on a mission to harass and slander me otherwise for not bowing to his insane dictates and abuse.

Libel, not slander.   Wink

No mission - I'm simply stepping back while blocking your attacks - waiting for you to tire yourself out.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

I know no one gives a fuck about harassment on this forum, so please refrain from the no one gives a fuck comments, trust me I am well aware this forum is a shithole with no one willing to stand for anything unless it serves them personally.
See, this is completely wrong. I definitely did not post because a "I don't give a fuck" attitude. Trust is not moderated and there's only so much that can be done. However, I usually don't post in conflicts and just watch them from a distance. If there were clear examples of trust abuse, I'd like to see them.

Now I know for a fact you aren't even reading anything here before posting, just coming here to go "bla bla bla drama". Just because the OP title was regarding Vods original abusive rating that he was forced to remove by Badbear (see the PM from Badbear I quoted), does not automatically mean any post forever after is about that. I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one already has a complete record of his abusive behavior towards me. My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.

He feels he has a right to do this because I DARED mention his name in a topic with his name in the subject line. Considering that his negative rating for me originally was an attempt to silence and punish me for openly discussing his abusive behavior, I am not about to let his harassment silence me on this matter, because that was his goal all along. The ONLY reason I posted it here was so others could have a record of his obsessive behavior. I don't expect you or anyone else will do a damned thing about it, but hopefully it can help some other poor schmoe who does not have any reputation to stand on which he can easily just marginalize as being a scammer. He failed to do that to me, so now he is on a mission to harass and slander me otherwise for not bowing to his insane dictates and abuse.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
Actually he's pretty much on a thin line on DT 2, apparently HostFat disagrees with the ratings he gives out. But well, he's doing a good job
So what if he disagrees with those?
Means Vod has a "rating" of 0 in DT 2, or that anyone who has HostFat directly in their trust list(and not Vod) will have Vod excluded from their trust list.

In simple words he needs only another exclusion from a DT 1 member to be excluded from DT network(2 and below) as a whole.

If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.  TC always tried to be fair in his ratings and would try to ensure that his ratings were always accurate, eg he would do his due diligence prior to leaving a negative rating, and would never rely on speculation.
True, true. But he did give some negs based on speculation(PP deals) and half his ratings don't include a ref. link(and yup I just went through his trust page to come up with this  Undecided)

Vod is doing anything but a good job. I would not suggest trying to emulate someone like Vod, nor looking up to someone like him. If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.
Also, last I remember Vod is the one of the few who has gotten a pos rating from TC for being a good "scam buster".

Also come on man. I did say
@Tecshare or anyone who disagrees with me. I'd prefer if you do not reply to this post, I'm don't even give a damn about the drama threads about myself these days.
Vod
legendary
If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.  TC always tried to be fair in his ratings and would try to ensure that his ratings were always accurate, eg he would do his due diligence prior to leaving a negative rating, and would never rely on speculation. TC would also only give negative trust when there was clear evidence that there was a scam or a scam attempt, eg someone tried to steal money/property and/or attempted to steal money/property.

After finding clear evidence of scamming, Tomatocage removed Quickscammer from his trust list, dropping him from DT.

So I agree - Tomatocage is an excellent roll model.   Smiley
legendary
Terminated.
Actually he's pretty much on a thin line on DT 2, apparently HostFat disagrees with the ratings he gives out. But well, he's doing a good job
So what if he disagrees with those?

I know no one gives a fuck about harassment on this forum, so please refrain from the no one gives a fuck comments, trust me I am well aware this forum is a shithole with no one willing to stand for anything unless it serves them personally.
See, this is completely wrong. I definitely did not post because a "I don't give a fuck" attitude. Trust is not moderated and there's only so much that can be done. However, I usually don't post in conflicts and just watch them from a distance. If there were clear examples of trust abuse, I'd like to see them.

P.S. Are you sure you don't want to post a xkcd comic for the thousandth time about this before you go?
Unfortunately, it doesn't fit.

You mean like Techshare was?
Maybe.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Why is this thread still alive? If there were clear examples of trust abuse he would be removed from his position.

You mean like Techshare was?

~BCX~

Clearly.

You have two options.

1. Remove your negative rating for me.

2. I go around warning everyone who has ever traded with you about your behavior until you have no positive ratings left and a wall of red. The only difference between your messages and mine is I am not full of shit so people listen when I message them.

Your call.

Also, tomatocage was caught doing his own escrow with his alt, isn't that what you did QuickSeller.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12358580
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10358524

Leaving a false positive (trust farming?) is just as bad as a false negative.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
Why is this thread still alive? If there were clear examples of trust abuse he would be removed from his position.
Vod is doing anything but a good job. I would not suggest trying to emulate someone like Vod, nor looking up to someone like him. If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.  TC always tried to be fair in his ratings and would try to ensure that his ratings were always accurate, eg he would do his due diligence prior to leaving a negative rating, and would never rely on speculation. TC would also only give negative trust when there was clear evidence that there was a scam or a scam attempt, eg someone tried to steal money/property and/or attempted to steal money/property.

Vod on the other hand is almost never willing to discuss negative ratings he leaves, often resorting to blocking those who attempt to discuss (question) his negative ratings via PM. Instead of discussing negative ratings he leaves, he will troll those who disagree with him. Vod uses an ever expansive definition of a "scammer" to include people that have never come close to trying to steal money/property and those that disagree with him.

Anyone that is in my trust network who has Vod on their trust list will pretty much automatically get excluded from my trust list and I would suggest that others do the same (I am actually considering to message those that have people on their trust list that have Vod in their trust list to exclude such people people). The same goes from cryptodevil who acts much worse then Vod.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Why is this thread still alive? If there were clear examples of trust abuse he would be removed from his position. You need to complain to everyone, but rather complain to the person from DT1 who has Vod on his list. I don't see a reason for the removal though. Seems like some people just can't go on without drama.

As far as I was concerned it was over until Vod started following me around and obsessively posting off topic in my other threads making up shit about me because I dared mention his name in a thread with him in the subject line. He feels he has a right to stalk me for talking about him. Badbear had him remove his abusive negative rating for me so now he is on a mission. This is his pattern, he fucks with people until he goes too far, he goes away for a month or too, then comes back and does it again knowing people look for a bit then ignore it and just call it "drama" without even reading. People should have a record of his abusive behavior because I know damned well I am not the only one he does this to.

P.S. Are you sure you don't want to post a xkcd comic for the thousandth time about this before you go?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7

@Tecshare or anyone who disagrees with me. I'd prefer if you do not reply to this post, I'm don't even give a damn about the drama threads about myself these days.
legendary
Terminated.
Why is this thread still alive? If there were clear examples of trust abuse he would be removed from his position. You need to complain to everyone, but rather complain to the person from DT1 who has Vod on his list. I don't see a reason for the removal though. Seems like some people just can't go on without drama.
Pages:
Jump to: