Pages:
Author

Topic: Vote your favorite for the FIFA World Cup 2014 - page 5. (Read 3598 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Anyone going to be placing any bets on the games?

Can you place bets in bitcoin anywhere? That would be cool.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Podolski and Klose are not ethnic Germans they are Slavs both born in Poland. They moved with their families to Germany when they were little kids. They play for Germany and got German citizenship of course, but they are not ethnically germans.

I am afraid that you are wrong there. After the WW2, the 1 million ethnic Germans living in Poland were subjected to forcible Polonization. They had to change their surnames, and they were banned from speaking the German language. Once the iron curtain fell, many of these people migrated to Germany under the Aussiedler/Spätaussiedler program.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
i voted germany, they have a lot good player
but until now, no european team has ever win world cup in america continent Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
That is true that Germany has many good players. But only like 1/3 of them are actually Germans.

That is not true. Only a minority of the players are not ethnic Germans (such as Shkodran Mustafi, Dennis Aogo, Sidney Sam, İlkay Gündoğan, Mario Gómez, Antonio Rüdiger.etc). If you are referring to players such as Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, I have to say that they are ethnic Germans, although born outside Germany.
What if someone is born outside Germany and his both parents aren't German? Will you still say he's German, just because he currently lives there?
Imagine you move to Jamaica for 10 years, will you suddenly become Jamaican? Your nation is determined by your parents, a Chinese will always be Chinese, even if he lives in Korea for 30 years, just as Podolski, whose parents are Polish.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Anyone going to be placing any bets on the games?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
That is true that Germany has many good players. But only like 1/3 of them are actually Germans.

That is not true. Only a minority of the players are not ethnic Germans (such as Shkodran Mustafi, Dennis Aogo, Sidney Sam, İlkay Gündoğan, Mario Gómez, Antonio Rüdiger.etc). If you are referring to players such as Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, I have to say that they are ethnic Germans, although born outside Germany.
Podolski and Klose are not ethnic Germans they are Slavs both born in Poland. They moved with their families to Germany when they were little kids. They play for Germany and got German citizenship of course, but they are not ethnically germans. And you mentioned like 6 players (and there are more) who are definitely not close to being ethnic germans. I like their team but just accept that there are not really many ethnic germans in that team.
legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515
Altough I hope that Holland wins, I think that Germany will win the world cup. They have a really strong squad.

If it isn't Germany, it will be Brazil.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Please vote your favorite for the FIFA World Cup 2014 !

Germany
many good players Smiley

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Brazil, no need to tell why, the votes show It Itself. They are just strong.
legendary
I'm going for Germany and Spain final. Brazil and Argentinia will make it to semis.

Again... what makes you think that Germany will beat Brazil in front of all those supporters in Maricana? I will be surprised even if Germany qualifies for the Semi Finals. Germany might reach the QF. That is it.
I'm going for Germany and Spain final. Brazil and Argentinia will make it to semis.
Activity: 686
Please vote your favorite for the FIFA World Cup 2014 !

Germany
many good players Smiley
legendary
I'm not sure about the current form if Chile. I figured the teams would be pretty evenly matched (with slight advantage to Chile for being in South America).

Teams such as Argentina, Colombia and Uruguay might have an advantage while playing in Brazil, but I don't think that Chile might be having a similar advantage. The climate in Brazil is quite different from that in Chile.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Holland is in a group with Spain, Chili and Australia. Will be touch and go to even survive the first round.

Chile is not in good form lately, and Australia is not a strong team. So my prediction is that Spain will top the group winning all their matches, with the Netherlands ending as the runner-up.

I'm not sure about the current form if Chile. I figured the teams would be pretty evenly matched (with slight advantage to Chile for being in South America).
Activity: 574
Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO
B.....    BRAZIL or BELGIUM
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Germany
legendary
Holland is in a group with Spain, Chili and Australia. Will be touch and go to even survive the first round.

Chile is not in good form lately, and Australia is not a strong team. So my prediction is that Spain will top the group winning all their matches, with the Netherlands ending as the runner-up.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Winners: Argentina
Runners Up: Brazil
3rd Place: Spain
4th Place: Italy

Excellent prediction only some team like Germany or Holland may intervene, n on statistic some African nation will maybe for time come to semis.

last time England was my favorite  but england didnt do well was disappointed , but this time spain have good chances to win this cup too , so its spain for me ,
Pages:
Jump to: