Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31856. (Read 26368676 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
I spy single digits on the horizon  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hm, well its Verizon 4G and regular time warner internet, which both function fine on all websites.. except Bitcoinity, Clarkmoody, Bitcoinwisdom, bitcointalk, blockchained.com, trading.i286

weird. Im ready to go into panic mode but I have to be at my computer to do so lol.

Fine for me (east coast) -- even clarkmoody.  
Activity: 532
With the convoluted issues at Mtgox concerning "Withdrawals" it didn't technically function as an 'exchange' therefore they,imo,have lost their spot and this rally might be somewhat over.I think if there is another rally Mtgox might not be responsible for it and perhaps another exchange will be looked at as the price point for BTC.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Am I the only one having trouble loading most bitcoin related websites? I can barely get them to work on my computer. They dont function at all on my phone or laptop.

Im just wondering if we've hit the peak and its DDOS time. Looks like its starting to push down right now.

Mtgox and Bitstamp is for fast accessible for me, so no panic. seems like it is a problem at your provider.

Hm, well its Verizon 4G and regular time warner internet, which both function fine on all websites.. except Bitcoinity, Clarkmoody, Bitcoinwisdom, bitcointalk, blockchained.com, trading.i286

weird. Im ready to go into panic mode but I have to be at my computer to do so lol.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 159
Am I the only one having trouble loading most bitcoin related websites? I can barely get them to work on my computer. They dont function at all on my phone or laptop.

Im just wondering if we've hit the peak and its DDOS time. Looks like its starting to push down right now.

Mtgox and Bitstamp is for fast accessible for me, so no panic. seems like it is a problem at your provider.
legendary
Damn the order book canyon is really thin, the last time at this price is was much deeper.

Yes, im quite worried. Sold at 143.50 and bought back 146 stupidly. And its so easy to nosedive...
Activity: 159
Damn the order book canyon is really thin, the last time at this price is was much deeper.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
You'd expect a pullback to happen soon, but right now people don't like selling their coins on Gox at all so this complicates matters. I don't know where this will go, I can only see a really strong pullback happening if MtGox completely collapses or if it fixes their withdrawal issues. One of the two will be almost certain to happen at some point, but it could be months from now.

I'm also surprised to see bitstamp continuing to follow. Gap is only 10%, not widening. And coins are also drying out seriously as of today.

I can honestly say that bitcoin continues to flabbergast me.

In any case I stick to my strategy to sell in strength.
legendary
Activity: 1246
You'd expect a pullback to happen soon, but right now people don't like selling their coins on Gox at all so this complicates matters. I don't know where this will go, I can only see a really strong pullback happening if MtGox completely collapses or if it fixes their withdrawal issues. One of the two will be almost certain to happen at some point, but it could be months from now.
Activity: 496
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Back in April, the break through 147 was also achieved on an relatively-high-volume weekend. Price peaked 4 days later.
Sooo.. what happens at 150?

Probably rocket past +200, then once Ask-Sum is depleted we crash to new lows. Single digits, maybe .67 cents even

even without the rocket to +200 we will crash at some point..
we have not had a real correction for some long time now...    if it's going down..

it's going doooowwwwwnnnnn

last time we had such a small ask orderbook  the bubble popped ..  

i realy hope it bubbles Smiley  the short will be legendary

Thanks for the sharing your confidence  Grin

I can use some Wink

I'm really starting to doubt myself, and that is generally close to the turn so good indicator but still difficult times when market goes vertical, whatever direction.
It looks like my prognostication is going to fail again.  Consider using me as the oracle that is consistently wrong.

Hey crumbs Smiley

I admire your modesty.

I also did not expect this. It's a strong breakout from the previous gradual bubble deflation.
It looks like my prognostication is going to fail again.  Consider using me as the oracle that is consistently wrong.
Activity: 411
Sooo.. what happens at 150?

Probably rocket past +200, then once Ask-Sum is depleted we crash to new lows. Single digits, maybe .67 cents even

even without the rocket to +200 we will crash at some point..
we have not had a real correction for some long time now...    if it's going down..

it's going doooowwwwwnnnnn

last time we had such a small ask orderbook  the bubble popped ..  

i realy hope it bubbles Smiley  the short will be legendary
They aren't wasted because you get Bitcoins for them.

Nope, that's just a neat way of distributing the currency.

It's neat, but not efficient.  A miner is left on as long as the bitcoins it produces are worth more than the power cost of producing them.  In other words, in a (plausible) worst-case scenario, each bitcoin mined will cost just a fraction below the power burned to mine it.  If the FED was working on that kind of margin, people might be even moar pissed Cheesy

My point was that the Bitcoin network's main purpose is not creating/distributing bitcoins.

My point is regardless of intended purpose, miners are mining for profit.  That's why millions of dollars are being spent on developing ASICs which will burn trillions of KWs of energy -- or the total value of bitcoins they produce, whichever's greater Cheesy  Intent is only important to Baby Jesus.

The original conversation was about wasted resources. The poster "Kazu" suggested that the resources are not wasted because bitcoins are created in the process.

The resources are not wasted because they power a network which allows anyone, anywhere in the world, to transfer value to anyone, anywhere in the world, without requiring permission from a third party. It also allows individuals to store value without risk of seizure. The more resources the honest nodes employ, the more resources the dishonest nodes will require to attack the network. Since I value the properties of the network, I do not consider those resources employed by the honest nodes to be wasted.

None of this has anything to do with coin creation and distribution, nor those who profit from it.

I didn't realize we were quibbling over semantics.  Nothing is wasted if someone derives something from it, even when the derived value is the simple joy of knowing how much you have wasted.

If the convenience of sending a dollar around the world is worth a hundred dollars of burnt electricity to you, who am i to argue?  Value is subjective, you're correct.
Actually they sort of have. These costs are factored into the cost of the material from which the bill is made.

And, of course, we're talking dollar bills -- the cost of printing fives, tens & twenties doesn't go up proportionately.  Perhaps we could petition the FED to make money last *loo0nger* -- that'll save us money Cheesy
Activity: 168
They aren't wasted because you get Bitcoins for them.

Nope, that's just a neat way of distributing the currency.

It's neat, but not efficient.  A miner is left on as long as the bitcoins it produces are worth more than the power cost of producing them.  In other words, in a (plausible) worst-case scenario, each bitcoin mined will cost just a fraction below the power burned to mine it.  If the FED was working on that kind of margin, people might be even moar pissed Cheesy

All bills $50 and below cost more to print than their face value.

Wow, didn't know that.  A link?

Edit: "Answer
The printing and reproduction of the dollar bill is a task that is reserved for the US government. Details on the procedure are not in the public domain for obvious reasons. However, the estimated cost of one dollar bill has been placed at around 8 to 9 cents per dollar bill." -- not authoritative, but unless you have some better sauce, i'm going with that. Smiley

You aren't counting the fact that they have to re-print the bill every period of time. I was looking for a source until I found this: http://advancedriskology.com/the-day-i-bought-15000/. Then I had a really good time and figured I'd find a source later.

I'm certain that they haven't considered the cost from when the cotton seed is placed in soil, nor for what that soil could otherwise be used.

Actually they sort of have. These costs are factored into the cost of the material from which the bill is made.
Jump to: