Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31854. (Read 26336430 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
approaching 24hr volume of 3,000 on gox and bitstamp.

This is pathetic, even for weekend day. fuck it, im out. goodbye bitcoin

Don't get hit by the door on the way out!

maybe i sell all my btc as i leave, how would u like that? i crash us to single digits single-handedly.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Don't get hit by the door on the way out!
Ultranode

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1741
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 504
have we discussed what we shall take as our bitcoin mascott?

I vote frozenlock's face.

Activity: 560
Do they have reason to develop further? There is so little volume, why waste money expanding or improving the platform until the demand is there? I don't think this bodes well for other US-based exchanges on the horizon. There is simply no demand for them. I won't be surprised if many months after launching they still struggle to maintain even a small fraction of whatever volume is on gox.

For my part, I had previously put in a few good words about CampBX however I've pretty much stopped using them since it has become nearly impossible to trade on there during price swings. There was a time when one could trade on CampBX when Gox was down from trade lag, however in recent months I've seen several instances of Cloudflare on CampBX and just plain no response even during times when demand WASN'T spiking in general. It's simply become next to unusable for me. The last couple times I used it I basically had to wait until like 3AM EST when no one was using it, just to get money in and buy so I could transfer the BTC elsewhere.
legendary
legendary
CampBX is US based. It is not legitimate?

I've heard their engine can be slow, but is usually adequate for their volume. Also, didn't they recently upgrade?
As an exchange, CampBX is a successful proof of concept but they haven't continued developing it beyond that point.

Do they have reason to develop further? There is so little volume, why waste money expanding or improving the platform until the demand is there? I don't think this bodes well for other US-based exchanges on the horizon. There is simply no demand for them. I won't be surprised if many months after launching they still struggle to maintain even a small fraction of whatever volume is on gox.
There needs to be an exchange for high volume.

Coinbase allows 50 a day. CampBX you can't even buy that without moving the price a large amount at most times.

I heard the Winkle twins are backing an exchange..does anyone have any info on that yet?

Why does there need to be an exchange for high volume at a time with record low volume? You are assuming demand will follow supply. That doesn't usually happen unless there is trickery or fraud involved.
To accommodate large buyers. People with money aren't interested in buying 50 btc at a time

And the new exchanges will magically have this incredible market depth for mega whales to buy and sell?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ummm, no. "Mega whales" can go to Tradehill and the like. Normal buyers with 10-100k to purchase need a place without sending it out to a magical card trading website

Tradehill? Does anyone actually use that exchange?

From their site:
Monthly Volume: 10,514.62761 BTC

Bitstamp doesn't offer bank wires?

bitstamp is a euro exchange
FNG
Activity: 588

I've heard their engine can be slow, but is usually adequate for their volume. Also, didn't they recently upgrade?
As an exchange, CampBX is a successful proof of concept but they haven't continued developing it beyond that point.

Coinbase allows 50 a day. CampBX you can't even buy that without moving the price a large amount at most times.

I heard the Winkle twins are backing an exchange..does anyone have any info on that yet?

Why does there need to be an exchange for high volume at a time with record low volume? You are assuming demand will follow supply. That doesn't usually happen unless there is trickery or fraud involved.
To accommodate large buyers. People with money aren't interested in buying 50 btc at a time

And the new exchanges will magically have this incredible market depth for mega whales to buy and sell?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ummm, no. "Mega whales" can go to Tradehill and the like. Normal buyers with 10-100k to purchase need a place without sending it out to a magical card trading website
legendary
Ultranode
Bitstamp doesn't offer assurance that they won't have their bank accounts frozen and confiscated by the US government because they haven't paid sufficient protection money in the form of licensing and permits.

That's what is holding back Bitcoin exchanges at the moment.

Yea... I'm sure that is exactly why Bitstamp's depth and volume are not 10x current levels.

/sarcasm.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006
Bitstamp doesn't offer assurance that they won't have their bank accounts frozen and confiscated by the US government because they haven't paid sufficient protection money in the form of licensing and permits.

That's what is holding back Bitcoin exchanges at the moment.
Ultranode
HEY GUYS! Bitcoin trading is at an all time low! I know exactly what we need: A faster engine that can handle 500x current volume and new exchanges that refuse to comply with FINCEN!!! That will cause parabolic rise in volume and price for sure!!!

LOLOLOL  Wink Wink Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ultranode

FNG
Activity: 588

Ultranode
Volume on CampBX is low because the only methods they make available for adding and removing dollars from an account are ones suitable only for hobby traders (no bank wires).

There is a very strong demand for Bitcoin in the US, but the legal barriers to entry here are substantial.

In the meantime, anyone willing to help fill the retail demand for Bitcoins via in-person LocalBitcoins sales can stay quite busy.

Nothing these upcoming exchanges offer is appealing. For example, what is the point of a new, faster trading engine when the current slow as snails engines are more than sufficient? You are assuming that a new exchange is going to magically create non-existent demand.
Ultranode

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006
Volume on CampBX is low because the only methods they make available for adding and removing dollars from an account are ones suitable only for hobby traders (no bank wires).

There is a very strong demand for Bitcoin in the US, but the legal barriers to entry here are substantial.

In the meantime, anyone willing to help fill the retail demand for Bitcoins via in-person LocalBitcoins sales can stay quite busy.
Jump to: