Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31914. (Read 26469883 times)

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Bitstamp is the new MtGox.

I take Stamp and Coinbase as better indicators of bullish/bearishness for the USD market.  Almost all new money is coming through Coinbase and Stamp IMO.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
new ATH at bitstamp 266.0
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Bitstamp is the new MtGox.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
What the hell did I miss... bitstamp higher than mtgox?! o_O
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
266 - New ATH on Bitstamp!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Increasing reports of delayed btc withdrawals from Gox: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=85.0
legendary
Activity: 1168
Funny how if you were looking to purchase $1,000,000 worth of bitcoin now, Gox would probably be the cheapest way (considering very little slippage).  You'd feel reasonably confident the price would climb immediately after as well (not that you could unload $1,000,000 worth of btc for a profit immediately after or anything... but still).
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
Who says money can't enter gox? They probably would still gladly accept deposits even though there are issues with withdrawals. Look at the bid sum now: it is nearly 18 million - a level that hasn't been seen since April, and in the face of all that whale dumping. The bulls will surely deposit at gox if stamp is rallying and they can accumulate at a fair price.

ah, so much for that enigma!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
My guess is that the 6k askwall and the 1k dump on Gox are profit-taking while trying to maintain the price.

Hope the wall gets eaten, but when the bids start accumulating, buy it down to 160.

I wonder if it was the same whale(s) who steadily pushed up the price during the summer. They bought several dozens of thousands of coins for less than half of today's price.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Who says money can't enter gox? They probably would still gladly accept deposits even though there are issues with withdrawals. Look at the bid sum now: it is nearly 18 million - a level that hasn't been seen since April, and in the face of all that whale dumping. The bulls will surely deposit at gox if stamp is rallying and they can accumulate at a fair price.
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
as money can't enter gox, I'm a bit confused as to why bitstamp and bitcchina aren't just carrying on with rallying upwards... Any ideas?
Activity: 238
So, now that aprils aths is history can we start to make a new one everyday?
I'm back. I was at Rome few days and wasn't able to check the price all the time... So it's up it seems =D

Nah, we did a reverse split Wink

yeah, check your wallet, you should have half as many "newbits" in there

nope, my wallet is still 100% real BTC =) that splitting thing sounds like usd... not my cup of tea...
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
I'm back. I was at Rome few days and wasn't able to check the price all the time... So it's up it seems =D

yeah, check your wallet, you should have half as many "newbits" in there
legendary
Merit: 1125

legendary
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 896
What the fu...  6169 BTC  ask $266.9.. who is selling 6k of coins.. how far down will that take us?

It was 10k earlier today, l2 check back in the thread.

Also, bitstamp bidwall pulled; or 4k of it was.

Jump to: