Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31912. (Read 26469880 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
If this bubble can reach $1k, will it promptly create a crash from all of the sellers at that price point?  Or will it begin much sooner ($500)?

Here's a "back of the envelope" theory:

Base to Peak ratios
Bubble 1:    $1 to $30 (30x)
Bubble 2:  $13 to $260 (20x)
Bubble 3: $120 to $1,200 (10x) Huh

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
is that from the princess bride?  Smiley

Indeed. The Cliffs of Insanity!! Cheesy
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Coinbase = 274
MtGox = 266.5

Easy exit from gox, buy coins and arbitrage selling on coinbase.

looks like a good place to sell, only if i wanted to sell Smiley

Good news everybody - I will be selling BTC2,000 if we hit 600 this month, or 700 the next!

can i reserve those?  Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Relax!
Meanwhile, back at Gox...

is that from the princess bride?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
when I wake up, that wall better be gone

It's 1k smaller than it was an hour ago.  Off to bed with similar hopes....
Activity: 924
Meanwhile, back at Gox...

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Yeh - that's the problem with disruptive technologies, they always have a sharp end.

Hmm. Might be interesting to graph oil price in terms of BTC. It gets cheaper and cheaper... Smiley

I want to see a gas station accept btc and post the price in both dollars and btc for the public to see.

i can make that happen!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
when I wake up, that wall better be gone
Activity: 462
If this bubble can reach $1k, will it promptly create a crash from all of the sellers at that price point?  Or will it begin much sooner ($500)?
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Plenty of space for adoption, South America, India and the Arab world.  I don't know why India isn't registering already - that's a bit odd, given that they are competing so directly with China over space exploration.  But it's the Arab world that intrigues me.  Bitcoin is halal (permissible) within their culture - not based on usury or interest taking, and they do have an awful lot of money.
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?376630-Bitcoin-Fiat-and-Islam

Go Stamp!

They also have an interest in dropping the USD for oil transactions.

Agreed. They've got the oil. They're probably more interested in subverting the currency.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Coinbase = 274
MtGox = 266.5

wow it's true. as of now it can't be said that price rise is only cos of money being stuck at god. maybe i can take walsoraj off ignore now
They will only sell 50 coins a day anyway, but even so, it is a couple free coins a day for a few clicks, if you have the accounts.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
China waking up.

Is there a reason no one wants to sell coins on Stamp?? There's like only 5k coins for sale up to $380. But there's over 20k on Gox.

Once this is solved we can go to the moon. Otherwise no take-off people.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Coinbase = 274
MtGox = 266.5

wow it's true. as of now it can't be said that price rise is only cos of money being stuck at god. maybe i can take walsoraj off ignore now
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Coinbase = 274
MtGox = 266.5

Good news everybody - I will be selling BTC2,000 if we hit 600 this month, or 700 the next!
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Coinbase = 274
MtGox = 266.5

My guess is that Coinbase just had a huge surge in US customers wanting to buy bitcoins, and they can't wire money to the exchanges fast enough to keep up with demand.

Thus, they are trying to tempt people into selling there and also reducing the number of BTC they need to pay out by raising prices.
Activity: 280
China waking up.

Is there a reason no one wants to sell coins on Stamp?? There's like only 5k coins for sale up to $380. But there's over 20k on Gox.

legendary
Activity: 1168
Coinbase = 274
MtGox = 266.5

My suspicion is that Gox is left largely with traders now.  They aren't trying to get off Gox.  They're drawn to the historic volatility.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Sorry for the clueless question, but does coinbase act as an exchange? If so, at which volume compared to the others?

Coinbase is more like a paypal for bitcoin for US customers.  You can see a real time price ticker at:http://btcquote.com, but not sure how much order book info is open to the public.

edit: there is also a simple chart of transacitons per day here:https://coinbase.com/charts. Its unclear if it is coinbase volume though.
Jump to: