Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31915. (Read 26469880 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
Good to see that a 1k sell on Gox has an almost negligible effect, immediate bounce back.  C'mon Moby Dick, just pull that wall and let us see 300 before bed time
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
Hmmm...

Bitmit is closing
Bitmit is shutting down its services in four weeks. Please complete your orders and withdraw your funds!
2013 November 6th

You are allowed to place new orders until November 13th.
If you are interested in buying the site we will publish further information in about 2 weeks. Meanwhile please stay patient.
« The end is the beginning of all things, suppressed and hidden, awaiting to be released through the rhythm of pain and pleasure. Bitcoin evolved from a sore baby to a powerful soldier who is surrounded by a wonderful community of freedom fighters! With your help Bitcoin will be able to defend itself in the fight against all financial systems that are based on debt. But for us it's time to move on. »

We really appreciate your long time support!
THANKS AND BYE BYE!

PS: In the case you want to send us a beer: 1KBbTJ1G1KBJmdqiFbYDRh6KiBwFUWkUis (Thx&Cheers!)

http://bitcoinvest.eu/index.php/bitcoin-nea-ellada/item/15-bitmit-is-closing

hmmm... indeed
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
So, it's ATH and near dead in this thread simultaneously? It really looks like April then  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Hmmm...

Bitmit is closing
Bitmit is shutting down its services in four weeks. Please complete your orders and withdraw your funds!
2013 November 6th

You are allowed to place new orders until November 13th.
If you are interested in buying the site we will publish further information in about 2 weeks. Meanwhile please stay patient.
« The end is the beginning of all things, suppressed and hidden, awaiting to be released through the rhythm of pain and pleasure. Bitcoin evolved from a sore baby to a powerful soldier who is surrounded by a wonderful community of freedom fighters! With your help Bitcoin will be able to defend itself in the fight against all financial systems that are based on debt. But for us it's time to move on. »

We really appreciate your long time support!
THANKS AND BYE BYE!

PS: In the case you want to send us a beer: 1KBbTJ1G1KBJmdqiFbYDRh6KiBwFUWkUis (Thx&Cheers!)

http://bitcoinvest.eu/index.php/bitcoin-nea-ellada/item/15-bitmit-is-closing
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
What the fu...  6169 BTC  ask $266.9.. who is selling 6k of coins.. how far down will that take us?

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Wall just pulled?

Edit: Seems that it was just bitcoinity.
Activity: 323
Merit: 251
ok so I figure whoever this wall belongs to must have wanted to sell for a long time, and now feels like there is enough buy pressure incoming due to ATH being reached that he can get away with selling so many.

Is that the only scenario that makes sense?

There's a chance, albeit slim, that he might be trying to prevent the price from rising too quickly, to prevent a bubble pop like last April. I don't believe that, but I'd like to....
Or he is one of the buyers on bitstamp. If Gox has liquidity difficulties he may have had problems withdrawing his coins. So he deposited at Bitstamp, buys there and sells his Gox coins to unsuspecting buyers, while not really losing anything himself. It would explain why he is not being more stealthy with his sale.

I can come up with lots of other scenarios as well but I think that he just wants out is still the most probable one, Occams razor and all.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
ok so I figure whoever this wall belongs to must have wanted to sell for a long time, and now feels like there is enough buy pressure incoming due to ATH being reached that he can get away with selling so many.

There's a chance, albeit slim, that he might be trying to prevent the price from rising too quickly, to prevent a bubble pop like last April. I don't believe that, but I'd like to....

benevolent manipulation is always a possibility, but they would have to do it on the other exchanges too right? A way to test would be us all buying like mad on stamp and seeing if one gets plonked down there too.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Woot, gox, stamp parity.

Finally!

This means the market perception of Gox's failure likelihood has now reduced from 5-10% down to 0%, right?  Grin

No it means, Gox and stamp have an equal likelihood to fail.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Woot, gox, stamp parity.

Finally!

This means the market perception of Gox's failure likelihood has now reduced from 5-10% down to 0%, right?  Grin

The Rise and Fall of the World’s Largest Bitcoin Exchange

I wonder if the above had anything to do with it.

Whose got big balls now?

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Who's there?
Activity: 260
Merit: 250

I figure it is a (super) early adopter who missed out selling on the last run up in April, and made the decision that he was going to liquidate 10k when we hit ATH again, as to not miss out a second time . . .   Probably figures he is adding some stability to the market in the process?  I am sure whoever it is has a bunch more.
legendary

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Woot, gox, stamp parity.

Finally!

This means the market perception of Gox's failure likelihood has now reduced from 5-10% down to 0%, right?  Grin
No, just the gox's failure is as likely as stamp's.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
And good night from Europe. Smiley
Don't know what to expect from tomorrow, so I am 50/50 now.
Ok, I have a stronger bias for a small retraction to 245 land, before a new charge, but tomorrow will tell.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
at least we know what the bid wall is all about on stamp.

Push stamp price up -> Gox users will flip out and buy the shit out of the 6k wall -> drop bid wall on stamp -> Dump more coins on stamp after having force fed your 266 to gox. Flush with fiat on both exchanges, pick up the broken dreams.

That's my theory.  It seems to be working.

It would work if everyone is in euphoria with the price flying through the roof and no one wants to sell as seems to be the case.

I wonder what will happen when people finally do rush to sell if that does happen.

Or maybe we go to the moon to 1000 without a hiccup.

Either way, these walls freak me out! I can't sell all my btcs though
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

legendary
I just saw my first ever All Time High, on Bitstamp.  Off to get some tissues.....

Jump to: