Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31913. (Read 26469880 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Coinbase = 274
MtGox = 266.5

Easy exit from gox, buy coins and arbitrage selling on coinbase.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
Yeh - that's the problem with disruptive technologies, they always have a sharp end.

Hmm. Might be interesting to graph oil price in terms of BTC. It gets cheaper and cheaper... Smiley

I want to see a gas station accept btc and post the price in both dollars and btc for the public to see.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Bitstamp being pushed up a lot by Bitfinex it seems. Nice.

How is that?  Seems like a great time to short on Bitfinex, if anything, actually...  especially if we gravitate back toward a 5-10% spread between Stamp and Gox.

It'd be a short with a pretty short time frame though.  We're almost certainly going further north in the "longer" term (beyond the next 2 weeks).
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Bitstamp being pushed up a lot by Bitfinex it seems. Nice.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Plenty of space for adoption, South America, India and the Arab world.  I don't know why India isn't registering already - that's a bit odd, given that they are competing so directly with China over space exploration.  But it's the Arab world that intrigues me.  Bitcoin is halal (permissible) within their culture - not based on usury or interest taking, and they do have an awful lot of money.
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?376630-Bitcoin-Fiat-and-Islam

Go Stamp!
You have arab sheiks so filthy rich they're throwing out 2 million dollars for lulz, just wait until they start putting play money into bitcoin.

And india, how many people live there? 1.2 billion? It's like china rally all over again!
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Where can I find a graph of bid / ask ratio?

At bitstamp there hardly seem any coins left? Shocked
Activity: 535
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Yeh - that's the problem with disruptive technologies, they always have a sharp end.

Hmm. Might be interesting to graph oil price in terms of BTC. It gets cheaper and cheaper... Smiley
Activity: 924
Activity: 202
Plenty of space for adoption, South America, India and the Arab world.  I don't know why India isn't registering already - that's a bit odd, given that they are competing so directly with China over space exploration.  But it's the Arab world that intrigues me.  Bitcoin is halal (permissible) within their culture - not based on usury or interest taking, and they do have an awful lot of money.

Go Stamp!

They also have an interest in dropping the USD for oil transactions.

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
This is really bullish considering they have been only active for a few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Sorry for the clueless question, but does coinbase act as an exchange? If so, at which volume compared to the others?

Re: bitstamp higher atm than mtgox (not anymore, by the way). Anyone with two eyes in his head could have seen the mounting buying pressure on bitstamp over the past week or so. Reading from the order book is never straighforward, manipulation etc., but normalized bid/ask ratio went from ~1 4 days ago to 3 today. Not sure why, not sure how long it'll last, but right now, the pressure is on.
legendary
Activity: 840
ATH on Bitstamp 267.79 USD/BTC.
HAHA yes Bitstamp! Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Go Stamp!

They also have an interest in dropping the USD for oil transactions.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
ATH on Bitstamp 267.79 USD/BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Coinbase is almost at $275.

They must need coins badly.
FNG
Activity: 588
Bitstamp higher than the Gox wall at 267
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
new stamp ath yehhhhhh

edit: this is a weird situation, where gox is held back by a wall and so sinks below stamp?
Activity: 202

Go Stamp!
Jump to: