Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31951. (Read 26470386 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Looks like there are no SEPA deposit-queue problems on Bitstamp.

Not at all, I did a transfer yesterday morning from UK and it was in by lunch time ready to trade.

I've just yesterday morning done an international wire from UK to Bitstamp but it hasn't arrived yet.  Can you do SEPA from UK? Was it from a Euro account?

You can SEPA from a UK account, but I think you have to convert to euros, which costs more than wiring pounds to Bitstamp's excellent exchange rate. SEPA is faster though, yes

edit: Citi-bank does euro and dollar accounts. That would be the way to go with your'e doing allot of trading or arbitrage

Yeah, SEPA is tricky from UK because you are exposed to two currency exchanges, on your end GBP -> EUR and on our end EUR -> USD which even if a SEPA deposit is free can be costlier. Btw on our end currency conversion is done automatically by our bank free of charge at their daily exchange rate spreads: http://www.unicreditbank.si/tecajna_lista/?t=1&id_menu=&language=ENG
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
just real quick what are the advantages of stamp?
Still on gox  Shocked .

Better chance to actually get your money/btc out when you want.

If you want money out of gox, sell on coinbase Smiley (If you're in the US).
If you're not in the US, then you can just ask for Gox withdraw in your local currency, it'll take a month though.
Activity: 894
Merit: 501

Not at all, I did a transfer yesterday morning from UK and it was in by lunch time ready to trade.

I've just yesterday morning done an international wire from UK to Bitstamp but it hasn't arrived yet.  Can you do SEPA from UK? Was it from a Euro account?

You can SEPA from a UK account, but I think you have to convert to euros, which costs more than wiring pounds to Bitstamp's excellent exchange rate. SEPA is faster though, yes

edit: Citi-bank does euro and dollar accounts. That would be the way to go with your'e doing allot of trading or arbitrage
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Still on gox  Shocked .

Better chance to actually get your money/btc out when you want.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
$1m bid wall on bitstamp and some nice buys

Along with some Wall Chess Matches going on.
Activity: 854
Still on gox  Shocked .
legendary
Activity: 896
$1m bid wall on bitstamp and some nice buys
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Does everybody realize that public opinion is changing positive towards Bitcoin?

And you thinck that. why Huh

Step one: The public is starting to form an opinion.  That alone is positive.

In my straw polls, I am coming across an increasing frequency of folks that have at least heard of Bitcoin.

I was riding the bus home from work tonight and saw a man in the seat next to me checking bitcoin price developmen in "Bitcoin Ticker" app. Had a pleasant conversation with him, turning a boring bus ride into an entertaining trip, and advising him to move from Gox to Stamp in the process.  Grin

Oh, and it seems Bitcoin awareness does rise lately.

A few people at work know of Bitcoin, and I had even one colleague, who previously never showed any interest in it, come up to me and enquire about it. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

legendary
Activity: 1498
I think we will break ATH @Stamp/Gox in the next 12h - or correction 20-30$
Or...

Cheesy Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 560
Maybe we should let rich folks know where to park their dough?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101157290
Activity: 841
Does everybody realize that public opinion is changing positive towards Bitcoin?

Just look at all the comment sections on news sites when they publish something about Bitcoin. People around me are suddenly interested in Bitcoin too, asking me if i could buy for them. People are starting to learn about this thing.

I'm busy with a research about this, i hope i can back this soon with some serious data for you.  
Activity: 504

People are starting to realize that bitcoin is the currency of the resistance against the banks, corporations and governments stealing their wealth. Once this idea settles in there's no stopping it.

inception starting to show results Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

Step one: The public is starting to form an opinion.  That alone is positive.

In my straw polls, I am coming across an increasing frequency of folks that have at least heard of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1246

People are starting to realize that bitcoin is the currency of the resistance against the banks, corporations and governments stealing their wealth. Once this idea settles in there's no stopping it.
Activity: 854

Activity: 518

Public opinion is very fickle.
Activity: 841
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

lmao!  Grin

hahaha, it was me! you have a cam in my room somewhere?  Grin

that is amazing ahaha love it, should be a whole page just of this

Once we break the ATH we should spam this thread with this gif alone, each of us one time, that would rock  Grin

he's famous in Germany, he's the "DJ der guten Laune" (DJ of the good mood).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7H7p80kZN8

Jump to: