Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31977. (Read 26470712 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
What exactly is this rally running on right now?

Fake volume in china by all the criminals who fled FINCEN registered exchanges.

This bubble will inflate further and burst even louder than the last one.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Ain't it the truth.

I think truth is
- buy low
- sell high
- buy higher

"Losing all your money" is difficult w/ bitcoin.
Activity: 518

All those people who WERE googling are now buying in.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Meanwhile, all the bears that have sell today, first day of the week at $227 hopping for a double top feels good, but tomorrow they will repurchase at a loss...

Ain't it the truth.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Activity: 504

Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Holy tits, wake up and Gox is suddenly 234. ATH doesn't seem so far away, and after that the media frenzy will follow  Shocked

Good thing I trusted lucif and held. When the Clown Prophet says we're going to the moon, I pack my bags.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Wow, coinbase is giving me the ol "We've exceeded our daily buy limit" message. I haven't seen that since May, though I don't buy every day or anything.
I've been seeing scattered reports of this with increasing frequency over the last few days.

Maybe that's why they are raising their prices, because they are hitting capacity limits with regards to the fiat site of the business.
Getting ready to resume rally.

Yea, it seems everyone held off and waited to see if the bears would allow them more opportunity for cheap coins.  When it appeared they would not, the buying resumed.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Getting ready to resume rally.

Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
Will we get a Bitoin flag on the South Pole in 2013? We are getting closer:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3480598
Wow, coinbase is giving me the ol "We've exceeded our daily buy limit" message. I haven't seen that since May, though I don't buy every day or anything.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Isn't this fun? gox isn't lagging out, we have more than one major exchange.

Much better fun than in april Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
LOL Canada, actually ahead of Gox now (with exchange rate).

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Oh no! Bubblepop! 228 and tanking.

In my understanding, it will not go lower than 212.5 (Bitstamp). 2nd Fib.

It was just an intraday correction, bouncing back from the 217.36 first Fibonacci line (which I don't even trade).
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
The situation is a bit more complicated these days than "mtgox still leading" or "gox is dead".

In the past weeks, several rallies were lead by exchanges other than gox. On most days, gox volume is actually lower than that on bitstamp, for example. But once in a while, like now, when a big move starts, gox is still at the center of attention: they do have the market depth (and deep pockets and experience of traders on the exchange) that no other exchange matches so far.

See what I mean? Gox is almost certainly not the only relevant exchange these days. Ignoring what bitstamp or btc china does will cost you money. But on the other hand, gox is still in a unique position, and it is not wrong to say that, more often than not, you're well advised to watch what is going on there.

One more remark: I got the impression that, in the recent past, gox did in fact lead several *rallies*, but bitstamp was quite successful in *stopping* them (i.e. when gox price went too far ahead, and bitstamp was only reluctant to follow, it went down  again on gox)

Forgive me for quoting myself. But here's a nice example of the effect I described above:

Mtgox reaches today's high at 15:35. Bitstamp takes another hour before it reaches its own daily high, at 16:45.

Ergo, mtgox still "leads".

Same time, 16:45, bitstamp iniates downwards correction, 225.5 --> 224, then 223. At this point, mtgox trades sideways. Takes another ~15 min before the correction gathers speed on mtgox as well.

Ergo, bitstamp "leads" as well.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
this is why I STOPPED making losing trades

of course I trade pretty infrequently now...lol
Jump to: