Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32063. (Read 26471829 times)

Activity: 506
Merit: 500
Bubble popped  Sad and I couldn't cash out during the week.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
http://blockchain.info/sl/address/1CSBFoN2ANwqXeuQ9daVQYHXoXVfqEtzfa
This one is funny. Bought below 50, missed april's top, and now active again. Did I get it right?

What are you talking about?

Wow! WTF?

In the last 24 hours it has received ~BTC144,500 with ~446 BTC354 transactions?
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Activity: 509
Can't upload avatar
http://blockchain.info/sl/address/1CSBFoN2ANwqXeuQ9daVQYHXoXVfqEtzfa
This one is funny. Bought below 50, missed april's top, and now active again. Did I get it right?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
maz
Activity: 140
Both the enforcers and the black marketeers can see the parts of the black market system that failed.  
Bitcoin provides a money trail for the enforcers when the black marketeers make the inevitable mistake, and for the black marketeers the DPR private Bitcoin hoard remains secure even from arguably the most powerful entities in the war on drugs, and may remain so forever with zero counterparty risks.  
The Silk Road takedown is solid proof of Bitcoin's security and utility.  Bitcoin failed no one.  It is the innocent bystander.

Hey, no ones doubting Bitcoins security, just doubting wither the black market which Bitcoin used as a spring board to it's current high value is as secure as people once thought. Folks who use these websites will probably be worried about any Law Enforcement follow through relating to purchases they made on SR, the possibility of new black markets being honeypots and the trustworthiness of these sites.

We are just discussing the potential impact of that massive btc user base being greatly disturbed and its possible influence on the price of btc.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Which in turn is bearish news for BTC in general.
I'd like for BTC to get rid of that "label".

not really bearish, DPR case was also good for showing broad masses that there's "law and order" in bitcoin world.

perhaps a bit off, but comparison to filesharing comes to my mind.
when napster suddenly was in the news, a lot of people were worried. then p2p and torrent started (kazaa, emule etc).
and now look at it today. the sheer mass of people sharing stuff via filehosters or torrents is ridiculous.
It became nearly an accepted situation now and authorities only going for the places spreading the stuff. the "megaupload"-case was the last huge thing there, still nothing changed.
Artists already realised the huge potential reaching much more people than via common commercial channels. (good quality simply spreads gloablly and attracts new customers)
Companies of course see their economical standpoint endangered and try to fight it. shitty stuff will perhaps be watched but not paid for by viewers.
at some point artists don't rely on contracts because if their product is good it will find its fanbase. (eg vince gilligan said in an interview piracy helped to create the cult status of "breaking bad")

i'm not using drugs (grown out of it - it was funtime though), but i find this system much better than consumers getting in danger buying shitty stuff on the streets they know nothing about its quality.
just my personal opinion here.

bitcoin will face a lot more bad publicity in the future.
it simply fits too well on the dark side right now. people can use it as blackmarket currency, for money laundering, fraud and lot of other stuff.
this is not pretty but society integrates btc as a tool for whatever it's useful and that is to a part the illegal stuff.
at the same time there's a lot of potential as the future global currency for digital media and web services.

internet is about a globally connected world. it's logical it needs its own global currency.
if btc will be that...nobody knows...but it's the first big step in the right direction

always two sides of the coin. (internet is also used for communication by terrorists, pedophiles, slave traders etc)
humanity is what it is...with all its beautiful and ugly facets
ergo it uses neutral tools for every possible good and bad purpose.
Activity: 706
Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.
WTF! You're admitting to being a SR vendor  Huh

Even if your products are legal the commissions you gave SR were funding a criminal organisation. I don't think you should be so open about what you are doing.

The commissions were paid exclusively by the buyers, so I don't think so, no.

But thanks for the insight on sales volumes. The sheepmarket/reloaded subreddits have been very active so I presumed volume hadn't been affected at all.

Buyer's confidence has been shaken big time with all these downtimes and FUD, so yeah, while there might be a lot of chatter around, the volume is almost absent.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
So we're going to $30 "again"? =)

It would be cool if we dropped like this. I wonder if Shroomskit managed to sell at the recent high.

yes, everyone likes a crash (no, really), but I was curious as to what allowed bitcoin to claw it's way back up after massive crashes, why didn't it die? It seems obvious to me now that silk road kept it going, and growing. Silk Road has gone - so what now?
posted before but deleted it, because i said it many times.

SR is gone, sheepmarket and BMR seeing exponential growth. (AFAIK from people buying there SR merchants simply changed marketplaces and do the same as before)
Ullbricht in the media worldwide was cheap advertising for new consumers to learn that you can buy high quality stuff on the TOR network.
pandora's box opened and hdyra is grwoing more heads.

this is bullish news for adaption of btc as a blackmarket currency.

And you don't think any of these people are shaken by the fact that if the FBI can find DPR and NOD that they are not as safe as they thought they once where?

I agree the market will simply move to Sheep & BMR but confidence in anonymity has been shaken also...

Time will tell how much impact these places have on btc stability

Both the enforcers and the black marketeers can see the parts of the black market system that failed.  
Bitcoin provides a money trail for the enforcers when the black marketeers make the inevitable mistake, and for the black marketeers the DPR private Bitcoin hoard remains secure even from arguably the most powerful entities in the war on drugs, and may remain so forever with zero counterparty risks.  
The Silk Road takedown is solid proof of Bitcoin's security and utility.  Bitcoin failed no one.  It is the innocent bystander.
Activity: 531
SR merchants simply changed marketplaces and do the same as before

A, yeah? Then where did the 95% of my pre-SR bust sales volume go? Sheepmarket and BMR are pretty much dead at this point and don't even have a fraction of the volume SR used to have. Add a permanent DDoS of BMR to it's lack of volume and you'll start to get the picture: this industry needs at least a year to recover.

WTF! You're admitting to being a SR vendor  Huh

Even if your products are legal the commissions you gave SR were funding a criminal organisation. I don't think you should be so open about what you are doing. But thanks for the insight on sales volumes. The sheepmarket/reloaded subreddits have been very active so I presumed volume hadn't been affected at all.
SR merchants simply changed marketplaces and do the same as before

A, yeah? Then where did the 95% of my pre-SR bust sales volume go? Sheepmarket and BMR are pretty much dead at this point and don't even have a fraction of the volume SR used to have. Add a permanent DDoS of BMR to it's lack of volume and you'll start to get the picture: this industry needs at least a year to recover.
maz
Activity: 140

It would be cool if we dropped like this. I wonder if Shroomskit managed to sell at the recent high.

yes, everyone likes a crash (no, really), but I was curious as to what allowed bitcoin to claw it's way back up after massive crashes, why didn't it die? It seems obvious to me now that silk road kept it going, and growing. Silk Road has gone - so what now?

SR is gone, sheepmarket and BMR seeing exponential growth. (AFAIK from people buying there SR merchants simply changed marketplaces and do the same as before)
Ullbricht in the media worldwide was cheap advertising for new consumers to learn that you can buy high quality stuff on the TOR network.

And you don't think any of these people are shaken by the fact that if the FBI can find DPR and NOD that they are not as safe as they thought they once where?

I agree the market will simply move to Sheep & BMR but confidence in anonymity has been shaken also...

Time will tell how much impact these places have on btc stability
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Looks like the 175$ wall will be tested soon. China is ahead this time, dropping hard.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Which in turn is bearish news for BTC in general.
I'd like for BTC to get rid of that "label".
Activity: 770

pandora's box opened and hdyra is growing more heads.

this is bullish news for adaption of btc as a blackmarket currency. (if that's a good thing is everyone's own decision.)
Activity: 509
Can't upload avatar
China down, alts going up. Where is this train going?

Choo choo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Why is the price still going down?  Huh

Oh, that's easy to explain. Daddy Loozik told he started to sell his coins when price reached 230 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3398746

This wasn't a call (but some of you had 2 hours to join the daddy and act before BTC crashed).

Daddy Loozik knew the price would go down because he carefully read Walsoraj's posts. Walsoraj is the true fountain of wisdom here  Grin

Why still going down? Daddy Loozik did not yet announced he is buying back (which would at least indicate a local bottom).
It must be hard that you can't accept that what drives the price is peoples belief that bitcoin will be huge in the future. Price itself has little to do with what you can do with bitcoins today.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
And what the hell is wrong with Bitstamp...
The API is down.
Jump to: