Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32064. (Read 26471829 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Why is the price still going down?  Huh

And what the hell is wrong with Bitstamp...

Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
So we're going to $30 "again"? =)

It would be cool if we dropped like this. I wonder if Shroomskit managed to sell at the recent high.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
This is a little out of date in some respects, but with recent events it may come back sharply into focus soon. I was curious to see just how much Silk Road was contributing to what was a strong underlying growth trend in Bitcoin price - and the answer seems to support the claims that it was almost entirely responsible (more than I expected, see below).
I doubt there's many people that believe Bitcoin got to the current giddy heights through mass adoption or genuine utility, so the next question is what happens to Bitcoin if the factors driving it up there disappear along with Silk Road?

Correlation != causation
This, both price and silkroad user number are expected to rise with bitcoin adoption (and thus time).  I bet there are other services/metrics that show a similar correlation with the bitcoin price (bitcointalk speculation posts perhaps). You can't conclude from this that silk road is the principal driver of price.

As far as I've seen, most people accept already that silk road was an important driver of the demand for bitcoins (outside of speculative bubbles), and so the price, the surprise is just how tight the relationship appears to be.

C'mon, you know it's true really....

So we're going to $30 "again"? =) It must be hard that you can't accept that what drives the price is peoples belief that bitcoin will be huge in the future. Price itself has little to do with what you can do with bitcoins today. Did you sold all your coins before we went over $100 and now you want to buy back without loss?
legendary
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This is a little out of date in some respects, but with recent events it may come back sharply into focus soon. I was curious to see just how much Silk Road was contributing to what was a strong underlying growth trend in Bitcoin price - and the answer seems to support the claims that it was almost entirely responsible (more than I expected, see below).
I doubt there's many people that believe Bitcoin got to the current giddy heights through mass adoption or genuine utility, so the next question is what happens to Bitcoin if the factors driving it up there disappear along with Silk Road?

Correlation != causation
This, both price and silkroad user number are expected to rise with bitcoin adoption (and thus time).  I bet there are other services/metrics that show a similar correlation with the bitcoin price (bitcointalk speculation posts perhaps). You can't conclude from this that silk road is the principal driver of price.

As far as I've seen, most people accept already that silk road was an important driver of the demand for bitcoins (outside of speculative bubbles), and so the price, the surprise is just how tight the relationship appears to be.

C'mon, you know it's true really....
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1111
Watch the 14-day average: the crash yesterday stopped just above it in the big-4 exchanges (gox, btce, stamps, china)
Activity: 238
You'll see 150$ tomorrow. Don't fall asleep.

Maybe in stamp, but even there support is strong at $160 so IF we go down more then maybe $165-170 at gox is where it stops.
Activity: 252
Hmm, I'm out for a while, if we drop below 180 all hell might break loose. If we go back to 200, I'll gladly buy back at a loss.

I think we can expect a bounce at 176
Activity: 171
You'll see 150$ tomorrow. Don't fall asleep.
legendary
Activity: 462
Hmm, I'm out for a while, if we drop below 180 all hell might break loose. If we go back to 200, I'll gladly buy back at a loss.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
Cause Bitstamp is acting strange.

What's up with bitstamp?
About 10 hours ago it was down for a bit . And since then there API stopped working.
Check Bitcoinity or trading.i286.org for example.
Kj1
Activity: 434
Why are we going down?

I think there is a group of people who speculated in the last bubble and only check things like bitcoin over the weekend, and they see this as an opportunity to get out.

Anyone remembers the friday seller from the slow decline?  He might be back!
Kj1
Activity: 434
dilemma: i have only fiat at stamp. where should i place buy oders? Cheesy (going to sleep in an hour)
risk waking up with the chinese going berserk again and missing a 190$ buyin point
or just missing another massive dump and be able to buy back at 160 or so

pff this kinda sucks about bitcoin: the exchanges never close.
place a bid at the very top.
buy now if u dont want to play risky

Great advice, thanks!
Glad I didn't listen Cheesy  

The thin orderbook is perfect for small increases of my fiat:  buy at 181.5, sell at 184.5, its only a .25% fee or so at stamp => 1% profit per trade.  Managed to do 5 or so succesful.
Activity: 309
Why are we going down?

I think there is a group of people who speculated in the last bubble and only check things like bitcoin over the weekend, and they see this as an opportunity to get out.

Or maybe they are high.. oh no wait... Silkroad is closed already....  Grin
Activity: 750
Merit: 601
Why are we going down?

Activity: 462
Sales at 182.55, buys at 189.86999, what the fuck is going on?

Thin orderbook... This small downtrend is based on almost no volume at all, I don't think it has any grounds.
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.
Sales at 182.55, buys at 189.86999, what the fuck is going on?
Jump to: