Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32181. (Read 26473195 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
donator
Anybody wants to call the top?
166 from me.

you need to put a timeframe and maybe also call subsequent bottom. only very short term I believe 166 can be top. Not much volume traded there in the past (the bulltrap post-crash on april 24th)
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
166 from me.
Small correction around $480
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
166 from me.

Hahaha. Try an order of magnitude greater. China is not stopping.
Activity: 686
166 from me.
donator

my god! here we go again... way more quickly than I would've thought.

post-april-crash high is 166 on gox. While one might argue we should rather look at bitstamp for clearing this, it's still the case: next stop after 166 would be all-time-high.

This rally still has a lot of legs imo. Why? The DPR arrest was a massive media exposure for bitcoin. It takes 2-6 weeks for newbies to start buying. It's 2 weeks now, so we might start to see that effect added soon and a new irrationality-phase (i.e. bubble) build up.

On the other hand: the last big bubble was not long ago at all, so maybe enough deep pockets remember and generate some friction, which will dampen the crash.

Who knows... it's anybodys guess.
Activity: 398
FNG
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
We're way up in the bollinger band. Bid depths everywhere are horrible. China's new resistance after breaking 900 is... 915.  I'm calling a retracement.

China depth isnt bad, relatively [although its like 2k for -5%, still]

Gox is terrible on 150
FNG
We're way up in the bollinger band. Bid depths everywhere are horrible. China's new resistance after breaking 900 is... 915.  I'm calling a retracement.
Activity: 634
IMO, new resistance will be 166, but I doubt its strength.
Activity: 728
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Nice rally! Can we now all finally agree that 2013 is much different from 2011? EletricMucus, you there? :p

Things are looking good.. $1000 may come sooner than we think! 2014 perhaps?

Unlikely to happen anytime soon, unless there is some fundamental landscape shift. Billions of dollars are not so easy to move through the veils of the dinosaur that is known as the banking system, and the dodgy exchanges we have now cannot be entrusted with such large amount of wealth.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
What did you say Goat?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 454
China is buying so much it's spooky Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
do we have enough vol for this to be undeniably bullish now?

everywhere but on gox

gox does not count for anything anyway.

Can we change the title of this thread to Wall Observer - XBT-FIAT wall movement tracker - Hardcore  or something like that?

Don't rename we're at 1700+ pages and need a restart.  Maybe wait till 2000 but right now works for me.  Adam?

Gox is still leading, so it seems like the name is fine for now.

No it's not.

Yes it is:

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

What timeframe is that based on?

You can't just say the market with the highest volume is leading. The market that is LEADING is leading. In this rally its been China, followed by Bitstamp followed by Mtgox. If you are watching all the markets simultaneously, you would see that.

Looking at a pie chart with no timetable is not an accurate model.

CHINA leading? Omg, LMAO. Come on man.. you've got to be joking.

Volume =/= leader
Highest price =/= leader

Leader = Sets market direction.

Who is doing that? GOX. Barely, Bitstamp has quite a bit of power now. But its still led, for the most part, by Gox.

No, the leader is the market that sets the direction that the others follow. Whichever market is generally setting the graph is the leader. This rally has been lead by China. Volume is not always the leader. And price? Price?? Are you kidding us?? Gox price is inflated, so price is no factor here at all.

China hasnt led shit, lol. It is the reason for some bullish sentiment, but its absolutely not a leader.

Gox inflated price is part of the trigger to the buyers on Bitstamp and BTCCNY

Gox inflated price is not triggering shit. You are 100% incorrect.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503

How many times did we trade @ 160?

So far, 3. A total of 82.36 at that price, actually.

(And yes I'm going to continue quoting that big 160 whenever possible).

Wink
Reached again.
Activity: 448

How many times did we trade @ 160?

So far, 3. A total of 82.36 at that price, actually.

(And yes I'm going to continue quoting that big 160 whenever possible).

Wink

Wink Wink
Jump to: