Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32180. (Read 26473195 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
When this puppy hits $169 we'll be at $2 billion market cap.

Wouldn't $169 on Gox as 'market cap' be even less meaningful than before due to Gox's premium existing due only to choked fiat?

Market cap figures are of somewhat questionable meaning anyway, but that's what will get quoted in the headlines.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
I didnt buy back after selling.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
It's meaningless anyway
Did you buy back in after selling all or still believe in crash?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

Wouldn't $169 on Gox as 'market cap' be even less meaningful than before due to Gox's premium existing due only to choked fiat?

It's meaningless anyway
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
not sure about technicals, but because of baidu bitcoin has a legit shot to skyrocket imho...

ignition
http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2013/10/15/baidu-google-bitcoin/

and the catalyst...
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/09/03/chinese_gambling_by_the_numbers
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
My oh my here we go down again (158). Crisis, sell, sell. It might take a whole hour before we are back again at 163!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Sorry I was off by 3 dollars...
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
Agreed. 166 might be the stop for bitstamp, but 180 is more likely the next stop for mtgox. The extra $14 being the gox-premium for degraded fiat, which wasn't the case when gox was last at 166

If I was unfortunate enough for buying at 166 in April and wanted out, I'd sell as soon as I can so the resistance will happen wherever that price is reached first, ie gox.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
alot of activity happening right now on gox..
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

post-april-crash high is 166 on gox. While one might argue we should rather look at bitstamp for clearing this, it's still the case: next stop after 166 would be all-time-high.

Agreed. 166 might be the stop for bitstamp, but 180 is more likely the next stop for mtgox. The extra $14 being the gox-premium for degraded fiat, which wasn't the case when gox was last at 166
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
my god! here we go again... way more quickly than I would've thought.

post-april-crash high is 166 on gox. While one might argue we should rather look at bitstamp for clearing this, it's still the case: next stop after 166 would be all-time-high.

This rally still has a lot of legs imo. Why? The DPR arrest was a massive media exposure for bitcoin. It takes 2-6 weeks for newbies to start buying. It's 2 weeks now, so we might start to see that effect added soon and a new irrationality-phase (i.e. bubble) build up.

On the other hand: the last big bubble was not long ago at all, so maybe enough deep pockets remember and generate some friction, which will dampen the crash.

Who knows... it's anybodys guess.

The post-crash high of 166 and old ATH of 266 did not see meaningful volume, so they might be cleared with surprisingly little effort. Two weeks of trying to assault 32 was imho "surprisingly little" but this may be even less. That said, I would be more confident if we retraced at least 10% from now, and also took several attempts to beat 266.

There is a high probability that we are in the early stages of a megamove taking us 10-100 times higher. It does not make too much sense to unload BTC to strength in this early phase of the move. I don't plan to sell until 4 digits and/or if it starts to look unsustainable and/or I have an insatiable need for purchasing something. Because of this general analysis, I will skip even daytrading. There is just too high risk (to miss a part of the move with part of the stash, holding fiat) compared to expected reward.

Agreed. I'm out of daytrading for now. It's tempting to play the game, but really, without any bad news, things could really move fast.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
my god! here we go again... way more quickly than I would've thought.

This rally still has a lot of legs imo. Why? The DPR arrest was a massive media exposure for bitcoin. It takes 2-6 weeks for newbies to start buying. It's 2 weeks now, so we might start to see that effect added soon and a new irrationality-phase (i.e. bubble) build up.

On the other hand: the last big bubble was not long ago at all, so maybe enough deep pockets remember and generate some friction, which will dampen the crash.

Who knows... it's anybodys guess.

The post-crash high of 166 and old ATH of 266 did not see meaningful volume, so they might be cleared with surprisingly little effort. Two weeks of trying to assault 32 was imho "surprisingly little" but this may be even less. That said, I would be more confident if we retraced at least 10% from now, and also took several attempts to beat 266.

There is a high probability that we are in the early stages of a megamove taking us 10-100 times higher. It does not make too much sense to unload BTC to strength in this early phase of the move. I don't plan to sell until 4 digits and/or if it starts to look unsustainable and/or I have an insatiable need for purchasing something. Because of this general analysis, I will skip even daytrading. There is just too high risk (to miss a part of the move with part of the stash, holding fiat) compared to expected reward.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
only on 5 days has bitcoin traded higher than this Wink
6 days: April 7-11 and 24.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Anybody wants to call the top?
166 from me.

you need to put a timeframe and maybe also call subsequent bottom. only very short term I believe 166 can be top. Not much volume traded there in the past (the bulltrap post-crash on april 24th)

166 for today, Daytrader style. But, even the walls @166 seems to be weak.
Expecting a test of 150 in the medium term. Support @150 might hold.
Jump to: