Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32225. (Read 26473646 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I don't get the purpose of this thread anymore. Gox has become completely irrelevant. It is merely a slave to bitstamp. There is no fiat entering or exiting this exchange - it's merely a game of bots and traders who bet against eachother on price movements - which originate on Bitstamp. Bitstamp is where the fiat flows in an out of the btc economy now.
Who told you that money can't be withdrawn from gox?
There are posts all over this forum from people who have waiting months for their withdrawals in several threads. There are even bounties to prove a successful withdrawal from mtgox, which haven't been taken.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Only need a 33k sell to be pushing a new low... Cheesy

ATM bid and ask is slightly worse than the pre-crash, but a market order to the low 140's would fix that, as long as there is $$$ to fill the bids in.

Quite surprising how quickly it all went.
On topic. The rapid recovery from the SR news shows massive support in the market for the $130-140 level on mtgox ($120-125 on bitstamp).

Questionable. Its really hard to say anything until withdrawal issues are fixed.

Bistamp/BTC-E/etc. cant really separate fully from Gox because people wont sell for [Well, currently wont sell for...] less than ~$25 from Gox price. And it makes sense for it to be that way. If I could sell on bitstamp for $5 under Gox I would. But I cant. Others are willing to take bigger hits. But few would take less than 20% loss, preventing more separation.

Plus, like others said, the whole ordeal was just people hoping to buy back lower.
I don't get the purpose of this thread anymore. Gox has become completely irrelevant. It is merely a slave to bitstamp. There is no fiat entering or exiting this exchange - it's merely a game of bots and traders who bet against eachother on price movements - which originate on Bitstamp. Bitstamp is where the fiat flows in an out of the btc economy now.

Bitstamp also doesn't have as much volume. So that says something.

I think bitstamp's volume is real volume (people entering and leaving btc) whereas gox's volume is bots and traders that trade the same coins back and forth all day a dozen times. So the differences in volume may not have as much meaning as it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1153

That is only the perspective you have gained after being off bitcointalk for several days.

Now that bitcointalk is back up and we can log on constantly all day to check for updates every 10 minutes, the purpose of this thread will become clear to you again.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitstamp also doesn't have as much volume. So that says something.
On topic. The rapid recovery from the SR news shows massive support in the market for the $130-140 level on mtgox ($120-125 on bitstamp).

I'll be impressed when I finally see us break $145. Is there any way of putting a stop order on coinbase?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Go change your bitcointalk passwords just in case.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Welcome back guys...
Finally

Also, there is no thymos.  It's Thermos (from now on).
To remind future historians where this historical thread left off:

-> Silk road was just shut down
-> Bitcoin forum was hacked and trolled, theymos, henceforth to be known as thermos, brought entire forum down to maintain its security.
-> Huge news coverage for Bitcoin due to silk road shutdown.
-> Bitcoin regained basically all losses from the silk road debacle within a few days after its shutdown.
-> BIP 70 is a thing (why SSL, god, why???)
 Grin Firsttopostonthisthreadsinceforumcamebackup  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1168
Is the great panic sale of our time over?
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
If we hit 110$ once, we can hit that low again. I hope Gox won't lag anymore, so I can trade without worrying about my order being 5 min late.

thats odd. there was no lag for me (or anyone else?) today. i have executed 14 orders so far over the last 8 hrs

Really? Then I missed some nice action. Bitcoinity intermittently showed Gox as 4 - 5 minutes lag. Huh
Bitcoincharts has been also malfunctioning, which drives me 'half blind'.

yes you did. and you should likely not use these things then.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Just woke from a nap because of being road worry (read tired), hoping that today's drop was just a dream. But, since it ain't, I guess I might as well weigh in at the expense that what I have to pen has already been pennith.

I'm thinkin' the market may have been manipulated, taking advantage of the SR situation. Either I'm a genius, or this has already been addressed. That said, can anybody here help a fellow genius out in figuring out why my computer and phone clocks both are still displaying CST though I'm now in Atlanta?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
If we hit 110$ once, we can hit that low again. I hope Gox won't lag anymore, so I can trade without worrying about my order being 5 min late.

thats odd. there was no lag for me (or anyone else?) today. i have executed 14 orders so far over the last 8 hrs

Really? Then I missed some nice action. Bitcoinity intermittently showed Gox as 4 - 5 minutes lag. Huh
bitcoinity is a mess and is constantly wrong. i only keep it up because i don't use gox and i want to have an updating ticker on one tab.
for lagwatch i find http://trading.i286.org/  most useful
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!

bitcoinity is a mess and is constantly wrong. i only keep it up because i don't use gox and i want to have an updating ticker on one tab.
Jump to: