Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32321. (Read 26469417 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE

This hasn't been confirmed as legitimate or anything, and I don't want to start a speculation fury, but there was this video posted about a month ago on reddit (not by anyone official, I don't believe, or even affiliated with Ebay or Paypal, or at least there was nothing posted to prove otherwise).

Have a look at the end and who made it (supposedly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrK-152xfy0

If that's a fake, its a damn good one.

Ya they get 100 points for subtly if faking.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

This hasn't been confirmed as legitimate or anything, and I don't want to start a speculation fury, but there was this video posted about a month ago on reddit (not by anyone official, I don't believe, or even affiliated with Ebay or Paypal, or at least there was nothing posted to prove otherwise).

the value of all outstanding bitcoin is well over 2 billion dollars
I guess they don't plan on officially releasing the video till they have accumulated their stake in bitcoin.

cool

Grin
Activity: 516
Merit: 283

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
If only you guys just received the call I did. I would be buying if I were you.

"Adam, this is Mike from eBay and we would like it if you could call me back. As a seller of bitcoin on eBay we would love to get some feedback and input about your experience with bitcoin as we work to incorporate it into eBay"

After I called him back and we had a nice discussion he closed the phone call with "well we are just trying to wrap ourselves around it and want to try and stay ahead of the curve just like I think most larger corporations are right now, thank you for your time."

For any doubters my eBay user name is Jamsolid101 you can see that I was a very active seller of Casascius coins. I imagine contacting their users who actively sold bitcoins on ebay is the first step in their leading upto determining whether or not to actually incorporate it.

There may be some bounces coming but if eBay signs on for BTC there is one very large very green upward movement coming.

You heard it here first. 9/4/2013 eBay is moving toward utilizing and/or allowing bitcoins to freely be bought and sold and/or incorporating it as a payment method via PayPal.

"Mike" from EBay asking you about the anonymous cash of the interwebz? And you didn't ask him his last name and position in the company?

Sounds good btw

Michael Carson Senior Manager, Global Policy and Regulatory Management at eBay.
If John K. is willing I will provide him with Mikes phone number and he can call to verify they are moving in that direction. I obviously will not post his direct line here. I'm sure we can all agree that John K. Is trustworthy enough to verify what I am saying is legit.

do it

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
If only you guys just received the call I did. I would be buying if I were you.

"Adam, this is Mike from eBay and we would like it if you could call me back. As a seller of bitcoin on eBay we would love to get some feedback and input about your experience with bitcoin as we work to incorporate it into eBay"

After I called him back and we had a nice discussion he closed the phone call with "well we are just trying to wrap ourselves around it and want to try and stay ahead of the curve just like I think most larger corporations are right now, thank you for your time."

For any doubters my eBay user name is Jamsolid101 you can see that I was a very active seller of Casascius coins. I imagine contacting their users who actively sold bitcoins on ebay is the first step in their leading upto determining whether or not to actually incorporate it.

There may be some bounces coming but if eBay signs on for BTC there is one very large very green upward movement coming.

You heard it here first. 9/4/2013 eBay is moving toward utilizing and/or allowing bitcoins to freely be bought and sold and/or incorporating it as a payment method via PayPal.

"Mike" from EBay asking you about the anonymous cash of the interwebz? And you didn't ask him his last name and position in the company?

Sounds good btw

Michael Carson Senior Manager, Global Policy and Regulatory Management at eBay.
If John K. is willing I will provide him with Mikes phone number and he can call to verify they are moving in that direction. I obviously will not post his direct line here. I'm sure we can all agree that John K. Is trustworthy enough to verify what I am saying is legit.

do it
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
hitting the sack... wake me up when it is btc<100  Cry
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Wow. Shocked
I have never seen 12 red candles in a row, on the hourly chart.

better panic sell b4 it moves up again

Yes sir.
That´s a real good advice.
I will sell now.
Thanks.  Wink

LMAO
Activity: 533
Merit: 539
Wow. Shocked

Yes sir.
That´s a real good advice.
I will sell now.
Thanks.  Wink
Activity: 686
Ultranode
this is a demolition, not a crash. you have been warned.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Wow. Shocked

Yeh, we need 13 before it can move up again  Cheesy
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Wow. Shocked

Activity: 533
Merit: 539
Wow. Shocked
Activity: 588
@Phinneas

I believe one gets to be a well respected member of the community by contributing mature, intelligent and well thought out posts that aren't full of hype or fud.
Longevity is secondary in my opinion to the quality of someone's posts.

What I was saying is that everything else he's written (that I've read) has been mature and of high integrity.

If this was "hype", and turned out to be a lie it would be compltely out of previous character and would damage his integrity in the community.
This is why I lend a shred of credibility to what he has stated to us about the Paypal call.

Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Find me at Bitrated
I simply cannot imagine that all these sellers will be comfortable with their fiat sitting in MtGox.  Doesn't matter where the bottom is, the deeper it gets the bigger the snap back will be.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Nightowlace is a well respected member of the community
+1

I might not write on this thread very often but I've been following it since about page 150 and have read plenty of his posts, I couldn't agree with you more.

Seriously! How does one become a well reprective member of this community after only having registered in April, 2013, and considering the following, which just so happens to coincide with the topic on hand?

So I have been selling my Casascius Coins on ebay and today I get a notice from paypal that my account has been placed on "limited activity" until I provide proof of my business intentions, my AML policy (anti money laundering) and other such documents that I do not have and will never be able to provide. So I am stuck on hold with about $5,000 locked up until someone decides that Casascius Coins are "collectible coins" as I have stated and they are from my own personal collection and I am not acting on behalf of any company. Or until they decide that I am actually acting as a Money Service Business in which case I will be locked down until I can provide all of the required documents.

I honestly can not wait until Bitcoin is they preferred way to pay for transactions.

Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Nightowlace is a well respected member of the community
+1

I might not write on this thread very often but I've been following it since about page 150 and have read plenty of his posts, I couldn't agree with you more.
Activity: 454
I think that if they do something in terms of integrating bitcoin into Paypal they would benefit from it an enormous amount in the long run....and bitcoin would be literally incalculable at that point. We have no idea of what even 10% of Paypal's $145b/per annum transaction rate would do to the price.

Nightowlace is a well respected member of the community also...he is someone I normally read with mature well thought out posts.
If this was a fabrication it would be totally outside of his previous online behavior...I feel it is likely a true statement of account as well.

I have a good feeling about it as well.

What seems strange to me is the way it was handled, and why. They obviously know of the implications of a "leak" like this. So what does that mean? What could they have possibly needed to know to justify a leak like that?
Does this mean they are close to release so it doesn't really matter anymore? This makes me recall the Reddit "leak" that predicted ebay/paypal adoption within the next month or so. Then there is that ebay youtube video too.
Nightowlace, do you care to share the details of this conversation?
Activity: 588
I think that if they do something in terms of integrating bitcoin into Paypal they would benefit from it an enormous amount in the long run....and bitcoin would be literally incalculable at that point. We have no idea of what even 10% of Paypal's $145b/per annum transaction rate would do to the price.

Nightowlace is a well respected member of the community also...he is someone I normally read with mature well thought out posts.
If this was a fabrication it would be totally outside of his previous online behavior...I feel it is likely a true statement of account as well.
Activity: 237
Merit: 101
following up on the ebay talk from some earlier posts.
This past May as part of my day job I had diner with one of PayPal's Chief Architects (there are several titled that way, I won't identify him further.) I asked him what PayPal thinks of bitcoin. He said that he loved the technology, that PayPal was following it closely and that they are interested in figuring out how to integrate it into their platform. There was a group of us at the table and the conversation went another way and i didn't really follow it up.
But based on my conversation with the guy from PayPal I think the call from ebay could be real. Integration could be some time off, or never, who knows.....

Jump to: