Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32320. (Read 26469369 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I'm officially the worst trader - sold at 89 (bottom), bought at 147 ($1 from top), sold at 127 (bottom)

It's okay Mike, I did that for a couple years in the stock market. I refer to the money lost as the tuition for my investment training. It was expensive, but I got a comprehensive course in everything you shouldn't do.

It's akin to learning hold'em, where the general consensus is the tuition fee is ten grand on average, of which I probably paid close to that before becoming a winning player.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I'm officially the worst trader - sold at 89 (bottom), bought at 147 ($1 from top), sold at 127 (bottom)

If I recall, Rassah introduced that trading strategy, and at the end of the day he purchased a new car with the profits earned.
Activity: 205
Merit: 10

Mt. Gox is out of coins? Now what?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

the value of all outstanding bitcoin is well over 2 billion dollars
I guess they don't plan on officially releasing the video till they have accumulated their stake in bitcoin.

cool

Grin

One other possibility is that the video was put together in April, when Ebay/Paypal was actually talking publicly about bitcoin and the outstanding value WAS around 2 billion dollars.

but the guy said the video was posted about 1 month ago

have no fear, ebay whales will save us and push the market cap well over 2 billion dollars before publicly endorsing them.

oh joy!

Cheesy

lol!

Well the upload date says August 20th, so apparently I was off on when it was posted. Regardless, a video like that certainly takes some time to produce, and they also must have done the research back when it was 2 billion.

Or they're gonna buy it up to 2 Billion, incorporate it into their business model, and set course for changing the world of online payments. To da moon!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

It's okay Mike, I did that for a couple years in the stock market. I refer to the money lost as the tuition for my investment training. It was expensive, but I got a comprehensive course in everything you shouldn't do.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
fraid so - I haven't been paying attention to catch the movements early, take a punt that it will go further but it hasn't, fortunately I only play with 1/4 of my btc.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

lmao

I did some similar trading back in 2011.
legendary
Merit: 1000

Thank you for sharing, I dont feel so bad now!

Are you serious though?

But uh, I sold at 133 again after buying 136.....  and didnt rebuy 127. I had a buy 127.27 [no joke], but pulled it... bottom? 127.24.

FML.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

I guess they don't plan on officially releasing the video till they have accumulated their stake in bitcoin.

cool

Grin

One other possibility is that the video was put together in April, when Ebay/Paypal was actually talking publicly about bitcoin and the outstanding value WAS around 2 billion dollars.

but the guy said the video was posted about 1 month ago

have no fear, ebay whales will save us and push the market cap well over 2 billion dollars before publicly endorsing them.

oh joy!

Cheesy

lol!
legendary
Merit: 1001

cool

Grin

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Finally capitulation?

down to $50
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE

This hasn't been confirmed as legitimate or anything, and I don't want to start a speculation fury, but there was this video posted about a month ago on reddit (not by anyone official, I don't believe, or even affiliated with Ebay or Paypal, or at least there was nothing posted to prove otherwise).

Have a look at the end and who made it (supposedly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrK-152xfy0

If that's a fake, its a damn good one.

Ya they get 100 points for subtly if faking.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

This hasn't been confirmed as legitimate or anything, and I don't want to start a speculation fury, but there was this video posted about a month ago on reddit (not by anyone official, I don't believe, or even affiliated with Ebay or Paypal, or at least there was nothing posted to prove otherwise).

cool

Grin
Activity: 516
Merit: 283

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
If only you guys just received the call I did. I would be buying if I were you.

"Adam, this is Mike from eBay and we would like it if you could call me back. As a seller of bitcoin on eBay we would love to get some feedback and input about your experience with bitcoin as we work to incorporate it into eBay"

After I called him back and we had a nice discussion he closed the phone call with "well we are just trying to wrap ourselves around it and want to try and stay ahead of the curve just like I think most larger corporations are right now, thank you for your time."

For any doubters my eBay user name is Jamsolid101 you can see that I was a very active seller of Casascius coins. I imagine contacting their users who actively sold bitcoins on ebay is the first step in their leading upto determining whether or not to actually incorporate it.

There may be some bounces coming but if eBay signs on for BTC there is one very large very green upward movement coming.

You heard it here first. 9/4/2013 eBay is moving toward utilizing and/or allowing bitcoins to freely be bought and sold and/or incorporating it as a payment method via PayPal.

"Mike" from EBay asking you about the anonymous cash of the interwebz? And you didn't ask him his last name and position in the company?

Sounds good btw

Michael Carson Senior Manager, Global Policy and Regulatory Management at eBay.
If John K. is willing I will provide him with Mikes phone number and he can call to verify they are moving in that direction. I obviously will not post his direct line here. I'm sure we can all agree that John K. Is trustworthy enough to verify what I am saying is legit.

do it

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
If only you guys just received the call I did. I would be buying if I were you.

"Adam, this is Mike from eBay and we would like it if you could call me back. As a seller of bitcoin on eBay we would love to get some feedback and input about your experience with bitcoin as we work to incorporate it into eBay"

After I called him back and we had a nice discussion he closed the phone call with "well we are just trying to wrap ourselves around it and want to try and stay ahead of the curve just like I think most larger corporations are right now, thank you for your time."

For any doubters my eBay user name is Jamsolid101 you can see that I was a very active seller of Casascius coins. I imagine contacting their users who actively sold bitcoins on ebay is the first step in their leading upto determining whether or not to actually incorporate it.

There may be some bounces coming but if eBay signs on for BTC there is one very large very green upward movement coming.

You heard it here first. 9/4/2013 eBay is moving toward utilizing and/or allowing bitcoins to freely be bought and sold and/or incorporating it as a payment method via PayPal.

"Mike" from EBay asking you about the anonymous cash of the interwebz? And you didn't ask him his last name and position in the company?

Sounds good btw

Michael Carson Senior Manager, Global Policy and Regulatory Management at eBay.
If John K. is willing I will provide him with Mikes phone number and he can call to verify they are moving in that direction. I obviously will not post his direct line here. I'm sure we can all agree that John K. Is trustworthy enough to verify what I am saying is legit.

do it
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
hitting the sack... wake me up when it is btc<100  Cry
Jump to: