Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32377. (Read 26470073 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
when i see at 4 AM these huge buys and a 2m on bid between the price when i went to bed, it hardly makes me think it's organic growth but then again what is the differnece between this and the stock market?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Government industry collusion is not a transparent process.
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
Digital money you say?
Holy shit dude, what just happened!? This is like the kind of movement we had 5 months ago. I didn't expect to see us make a break for $140/150 until at least December. Does somebody know something I don't? My eyes just about popped out of my head when I looked at my phone just now. I immediately opened my laptop and opened all of my charts and indicators 0_0 ALL HANDS ON DECK!! THERE BE WHALES IN THESE WATERS!!

As a side note, why did he make his purchase like this? Seems like he would lose a lot in slippage. Is this market manipulation?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
What just happened?

Someone heard some good news before we did? At least i hope that's the case.

Probably good gox news that's not public yet....

If it's Gox news I would rather guess it's bad news.

Maybe, but there was a big meeting with the US government yesterday. Maybe something positive came out of it.

I don't understand why the Bitcoin Foundation is being silent on this. Seriously, can't one of them just tweet "meeting good", anything? Very frustrating, and frankly insulting.

Maybe frustrating, but it's not insulting. Maybe they need time to digest with their lawyers about what everything means.
I'm sure they could give us some indication as to the general outcome of the meeting without a lawyer. The future of a lot of people's finances and businesses are riding on this very issue. Maybe Gox has ruined all my tolerance for silence on important issues, but I still think some comment would be appropriate.
What just happened?

Maybe, but there was a big meeting with the US government yesterday. Maybe something positive came out of it.

I don't understand why the Bitcoin Foundation is being silent on this. Seriously, can't one of them just tweet "meeting good", anything? Very frustrating, and frankly insulting.

maybe they are buying those bitcoins now before they tell...

So are all of them just selfish insider traders? I would like to think otherwise. Fortunately, if there was some devastating news, I would expect at least one of them to have the conscience to come forward with it, so I THINK we can rule that out.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
What just happened?

I don't think they need any more bitcoins at the moment. If I recall correctly Gox gave them 10,000 BTC awhile back to be a lifetime member. So I think they are set for awhile. :-)
legendary
What just happened?

Maybe frustrating, but it's not insulting. Maybe they need time to digest with their lawyers about what everything means.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
What just happened?

What just happened?

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

To be honest, I expect some good news this week. Those were large buys by a few players, not a crowd-driven rally.
legendary
What just happened?

EDIT: these surprise price swings are exactly why I don't pay for ASIC's in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
So no interest on the rainbow gradient suggestion?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Yup, I can't see how any Magic the Gathering news can be positive according to what's happening to them.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
What just happened?

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
what the... *rubs eyes*

good morning bitcoin!

My thoughts exactly, quite the hangover cure as well.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
what the... *rubs eyes*

good morning bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
holy moley, that's quite a candle.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
What just happened?

legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE

Wow pretty surprised O'Leary was pro-bitcoin. Now I hate him just 1 satoshi less.
Jump to: