Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32381. (Read 26470155 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
34 difference between BX and Gox now. lol

CampBX is at $110.50 and MtGox is at 122.00. Either your math is terrible or you are getting bad information on the exchange rates.

CampBX's volume is so pathetic they aren't even relevant.

http://trading.i286.org/

It's cool that you've been here so long that your activity travels evenly with your post count. lol

Yeah, that site hasn't updated BX for ages! I don't know why.

Probably like you said because they are irrelevant. I'd still like to know how you are supposed to arbitrage between Gox and anywhere considering you can't get fiat into or out of Gox.
legendary

CampBX is at $110.50 and MtGox is at 122.00. Either your math is terrible or you are getting bad information on the exchange rates.

CampBX's volume is so pathetic they aren't even relevant.

http://trading.i286.org/

It's cool that you've been here so long that your activity travels evenly with your post count. lol
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
this volume.... weekdays are the new weekends.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
if you cant withdraw the fiat from one end, its not arbitraging isnt it??
That depends on the waiting period between buying your fiat and being able to transfer it to another exchange to sell it.

The arbitrageable gap has existed for over a month and fiat withdrawals only take a week.

The only snag is if the price of fiat continues to drop at too fast a pace to maintain a sufficient spread.

If your aim is to acquire more fiat, it's easy. Simply sell high at an exchange with high prices such as Bitstamp or BTC-E, and buy low at MtGox. If the spread is sufficient, a mere week's wait is nothing to earn up to 10% on your investment. Since the sell and re-buy happen within minutes, the chance of the spread closing is negligible. Low risk, decent profit.

The "sell and re-buy happen within minutes"? Your going to need to show me how that's done in detail because I've been waiting almost 6 weeks to get cash out of Gox and it ain't happening. I haven't seen Mark Karpeles in the news or heard of an interview or seen a statement in months. Magical Tux hasn't posted here since early June. As far as I know the United States of Japan has taken him into custody and impounded MtGox to operate as a honey pot.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Gox is Oscillating so fast today it's audible.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
That depends on the waiting period between buying your fiat and being able to transfer it to another exchange to sell it.

The arbitrageable gap has existed for over a month and fiat withdrawals only take a week.

The only snag is if the price of fiat continues to drop at too fast a pace to maintain a sufficient spread.

If your aim is to acquire more fiat, it's easy. Simply sell high at an exchange with high prices such as Bitstamp or BTC-E, and buy low at MtGox. If the spread is sufficient, a mere week's wait is nothing to earn up to 10% on your investment. Since the sell and re-buy happen within minutes, the chance of the spread closing is negligible. Low risk, decent profit.

legendary
go! try to arbitrage then!

It it even possible to get cash out of Gox anymore?
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
go! try to arbitrage then!

legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Price action is not overly impressive. I withdrew my coins and await bigger movements , looking for an entry. Its not about being right, but covering potential losses. Other opportunities will arise. Back to the 6-hour charts for me.
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

Tell me more?

1. The price and volume action MAY indicate some bullish opportunities in future. To early to say + incomplete LTC charts (historical data missing - bitcoinwisdom does not have all past data).

2. If you can get complete LTC hooked to tradingview (with all historical data) I will reciprocate by giving you an LTC call or two.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Shhh, don't tip the uber-bulls...
// start sarcasm
Uber-bulls have nothing to worry about, the price is going 'up uP UP', 'to da moon', parabolic, whatever you want.
// end sarcasm

If you historically had the below set up, it could have brought you some good entries and most importantly good exits. Yes, I know divergences that are unsupported by additional studies can be pretty much misleading. The current divergence can therefore mean shit.

Thanks for the divergence tips. I have been following some other divergences. Just a not though - with the withdrawal problems at Gox, the divergences (especially with regard to the volume) have not been having the normal corrective results. That started around 1.5 months ago or so, maybe more. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on these divergences. (And I hear Gox is getting better regarding the withdrawals, so perhaps the divergences become more responsive/corrective). The chart looks overall pretty strong though, let's see how this week pans out - I say a challenge and perhaps break of 125...

IAS
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Speaking of btc-e troll boxes. It must be jumping, some big sells in the litecoin market with interesting resistance.

I think there will soon be good trading opportunities with LTC.

Tell me more?
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
// start sarcasm
Uber-bulls have nothing to worry about, the price is going 'up uP UP', 'to da moon', parabolic, whatever you want.
// end sarcasm

If you historically had the below set up, it could have brought you some good entries and most importantly good exits. Yes, I know divergences that are unsupported by additional studies can be pretty much misleading. The current divergence can therefore mean shit.

legendary
Merit: 1125
// start sarcasm
// end sarcasm

For the longest time ...
Jump to: