Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32411. (Read 26470646 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

That is nice to see, thanks for the post. Has Gox addressed this publicly though? Why just in a thread (and who are those characters? Any Gox affiliation?)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
Does this graph indicate that the last 48 hours was a mini-bubble? What do you guys think?

Not a bubble, just normal arbitrage/ correction happening after a ridiculously large spike. Check out bitstamps price to see what i mean - it hasnt moved down there at all really.
Activity: 854
Just a random question here. Since Gox supports several currencies, do those markets also adhere by the going exchanges rates of the dollar and the euro? For example, the dollar drops versus the euro one day, would the Gox market reflect this or would there be a significant delay of a few days?

Gox charges flat 2.5% "from their bank" to exchange, though as was pointed out earlier in another thread, often the spread between difference currencies on gox is <2.5%

This has been talked about before but the other currency markets have separate bid/ask walls and currencies. You can play the arb yourself sometimes, it has made money ie the GBP or EUR asks don't react as fast as USD market sometimes so I like to park currencies across usd/eur/gbp for those opportunities Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Just a random question here. Since Gox supports several currencies, do those markets also adhere by the going exchanges rates of the dollar and the euro? For example, the dollar drops versus the euro one day, would the Gox market reflect this or would there be a significant delay of a few days?

Gox charges flat 2.5% "from their bank" to exchange, though as was pointed out earlier in another thread, often the spread between difference currencies on gox is <2.5%

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square

Try making trades of +300 coins at Bitstamp without MAYOR slippage and then report back please...

Mayor Slippage  Cool

Activity: 183
Merit: 111
Does this graph indicate that the last 48 hours was a mini-bubble? What do you guys think?

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 504
Activity: 686
Ultranode
180$ by friday, amirite or amirite?
legendary
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Try making trades of +300 coins at Bitstamp without MAYOR slippage and then report back please...

Mayor Slippage  Cool
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I suspect people are more concerned about getting their money out at all, than just waiting a month. Why else would you pay a 20% premium?

If you were buying coins now, you wouldn't be wiring funds to Gox and paying a 20% premium. The only people who would pay that are those who (unfortunately) have fiat funds there waiting already.

Also, Gox would be for traders. Try trading on Stamp, it is hard. You could keep your coins on Stamp and trade with some on Gox as there is the action.

I trade regularly on Stamp, without any major issues. TBH, it tends to be a bit less erratic, IMO.

Even on Gox, the slippage is a huge profit killer for traders - on Bitstamp is just impossible to daytrade for anyone with a little more than play money.
legendary
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
If you go to school in japan, then you could just open a personal japanese bank account (so long as you have a studnet visa).

Might be a bit late to do the paperwork (school start next week). MtGox should fix their banking issue before I can get a student visa.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
If you go to school in japan, then you could just open a personal japanese bank account (so long as you have a studnet visa).
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Smell like to da moon on Gox to me.

<-- Thinking about delaying school to move to Japan to arb the shit out of Gox.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I suspect people are more concerned about getting their money out at all, than just waiting a month. Why else would you pay a 20% premium?

If you were buying coins now, you wouldn't be wiring funds to Gox and paying a 20% premium. The only people who would pay that are those who (unfortunately) have fiat funds there waiting already.

Also, Gox would be for traders. Try trading on Stamp, it is hard. You could keep your coins on Stamp and trade with some on Gox as there is the action.

I trade regularly on Stamp, without any major issues. TBH, it tends to be a bit less erratic, IMO.

I take your point though that traders are looking at relative prices, rather than absolute prices. I'd still be a bit concerned about Gox's future, considering the way the market is pricing the risk already.

Yeah, the price movement is on Gox (and originates there). Look at this last movement. Nothing happened on Stamp for a while, then suddenly a $4 movement and then it backed off.

I am also really worried about Gox. It might end up being nothing, but how long ago did that 2 week freeze on wiring money end? About 2 months ago or so? And it was only supposed to take a few weeks to get back to speed (backlog as Gox said). Now - NO WORD, zero...

Sometimes that makes trading on Stamp easier! Wink I find that it mostly carves its own patterns these days though, apart from these big moves.

IMO, you don't end up with prices 20% higher than elsewhere unless something is very wrong. Whether it is panic at not knowing what is going on or whether some big players do know what is going on, who can say?
legendary
Jump to: