Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32410. (Read 26470646 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1komit/mtgox_down/

USA here. Keeps switching from 502 Bad Gateway, to being up and not accepting logins, to 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable.

edit: back up.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
IMO there will be another rally in 4 - 5 days, but the chances of rising to 180 are minuscule.
I'm pretty sure it will be at least 125, maybe 130. If there will be lots of panic buys, could be 140.
But until then, price has to drop to 115 (maybe 114) first, this is the correct price in 1 - 2 days.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
This market just won't go down right now. It's buy and hold again. Will Walsoraj get it right with $180 on Friday?  Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
This money is orginally as Gox-USD, and most of the owners want it converted back to USD after escaping from Gox. It does not change the total bitcoin supply-demand, because it is both originally and eventually USD. Bitcoin is therefore used only as a value transmit mechanism for Gox-USD.

And that's how a new reserve currency is born. Can't trade Gox USD IOUs vs. bitstamp USD IOUs directly? Use BTC as interchange currency Wink
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Your favourite daddy, Loozik, made a prediction on on 7 July that the price will make it from 66 to about 123 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2673061

MESSAGE WITH HISTORICAL PREDICTION

Last chance guys to buy cheap coins.

CONFIRMATION

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS TRADE  Grin

You're on a roll! Next prediction (up) please ;-)
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Why do people suddenly start selling after the price has reached 120? Doesn't make much sense to me?

Look back to when the price was around 120 or below last time (first 2 weeks of June, yesyes, long time ago). There was quite a bit of volume there. People who bought there got pissed off on the further drop and decided to sell next time they're in profit zone. That profit zone of these buyers is now reached and they sell. That's one theory.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I suspect people are more concerned about getting their money out at all, than just waiting a month. Why else would you pay a 20% premium?

If you were buying coins now, you wouldn't be wiring funds to Gox and paying a 20% premium. The only people who would pay that are those who (unfortunately) have fiat funds there waiting already.

Also, Gox would be for traders. Try trading on Stamp, it is hard. You could keep your coins on Stamp and trade with some on Gox as there is the action.

I trade regularly on Stamp, without any major issues. TBH, it tends to be a bit less erratic, IMO.

Try making trades of +300 coins at Bitstamp without MAYOR slippage and then report back please...

Even on Gox, the slippage is a huge profit killer for traders - on Bitstamp is just impossible to daytrade for anyone with a little more than play money.

As I only have play money, this isn't of concern to me! Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
so... if xfers out are being processed by hand, does this increase likelihood of insider trading? Who would be surprised if gox employees are leaking data to friends re "hey guys, word is today was a big deal for xfers out, i did 20 mil alone." Or, "we actually got some new deposits today, me and another dude processed roughly 5 mil."

srsly. how do you prevent leaking $ in and out info when it's all being handled by hand (by low level employees/temps)?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

That is nice to see, thanks for the post. Has Gox addressed this publicly though? Why just in a thread (and who are those characters? Any Gox affiliation?)

@MagicalTux is Gox owner Karpeles.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
the spread at virtex appears to be tightening and price is definitely moving up... i managed to pick up a few cheap coins this week  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
good call

now for my 180
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Your favourite daddy, Loozik, made a prediction on on 7 July that the price will make it from 66 to about 123 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2673061

MESSAGE WITH HISTORICAL PREDICTION

Last chance guys to buy cheap coins.

CONFIRMATION

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS TRADE  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

That is nice to see, thanks for the post. Has Gox addressed this publicly though? Why just in a thread (and who are those characters? Any Gox affiliation?)

MagicalTux is Mark Karpeles if that is what you are asking.

Yeah, that was my question.

I still don't understand something - Why would Gox have said "No withdrawls for 2 weeks." and then say "We need another 2 weeks to catch up" around 1.5 months ago or so?
I get they don't want to panic people, but something isn't right with this. We don't hear about this same problem anywhere else, and though the volume of Gox is not on Stamp,
one would think withdrawal problems wouldn't be exclusive to Gox.

Note, in the chat he says "14:01 <@MagicalTux> sturles, we are not allowed to talk about the exact problem
                    (doing so would only make things worse)"
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

MagicalTux is Mark Karpeles if that is what you are asking.
legendary
Activity: 840

While they have been improving, Gox has always been bad addressing the public and communicating. It is like they freeze up and get scared as to how people will react until finally it is too big of an issue and MUST be addressed. Doing this instead of having relieved the pressure earlier when the community wasn't as pissed. At least it always feels like that. Or... they just don't care. haha
Jump to: