Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32427. (Read 26470804 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Cant remember where it was, but someone mentioned a while ago how transactions should reverse a downtrend, and start rising.

30 days.....
http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?timespan=30days&showDataPoints=true&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

Can btc transaction data be used as a leading indicator?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
legendary
Merit: 1125
simple question for you guys

I know you're all hoping for the bitcoin value to rise, but why would it go up since it's divisible up to 8 decimals (and way more apparently?)

Because there is only a limited  amount of them? Gold is quite divisible as well (theoretically to the AU atoms) but that hasn't stopped it in rising tremendously in the beginning. For the last 100-150 years or so the price is flat (inflation corrected of course) but Bitcoin isn't at that adoption level yet.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I know you're all hoping for the bitcoin value to rise, but why would it go up since it's divisible up to 8 decimals (and way more apparently?)

How is that related to price?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
You can buy cocaine for $2000 in Colombia and sell it for 20k in America. Guess why.

Cocaine is addictive; bitcoin is not.

Speak for your self. I personally would try my hardest getting some bitcoin if I suddenly found myself without any.. Wink
legendary
Activity: 476
You can buy cocaine for $2000 in Colombia and sell it for 20k in America. Guess why.

Cocaine is addictive; bitcoin is not.
legendary
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Slowly but surely gox is dying with their incompetent approach to this business...

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

Imagine every time someone mentions the dollar and then just has to say that it can be used to buy drugs and other illegal things.
I wish people would get over it. Yes you can buy drugs with Bitcoin. Just like you can with any other currency.
It's such a simple thing to understand. Why can't they?

Not all blacks hanging out for hours in public places are drug dealers either. Wink
It's just that, SR is the vast majority of the market there is no point in denying that.

I highly doubt that.
Maybe a year ago. Now far from.
Far from? So who are all these big name merchants that we're talking about? Are okcupid and wordpress bloating the chain now? Cheesy

It'll be a while before SR isn't the defining characteristic of the bitcoin "economy".

I know you will come up with a bunch of excuses instead of admitting you're wrong.
But whatever.
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/bitpay-processes-5-million-in-march-eclipses-silk-road/
Keep in mind this is just from one merchant!
Asics aside...
Bitpay is not a merchant. They process payments on behalf of merchants (dumping bitcoins on the market so merchants don't have to touch them). This is why Silk Road eclipses all "bitcoin merchants" who are just accepting USD through Bitpay. Regardless, again, what merchant or marketplace is in the same universe?

SR is really the primary organic source of consumers. For the same reason that no merchants want to touch bitcoins (volatility / exchange risk), holders are generally speculators. Who -- except those who are invested -- is going to jump through hoops to buy bitcoins for the sake of buying a gift card or a dating site subscription? Aside from SR, the entire "economy" is based on fiat currency -- hence the quotes. The article you posted actually proves the point -- everything is priced in dollars, as it should be -- that's all anyone cares about. Just the way "bitcoin merchants" want it. Bitpay simply maintains a flow of speculators taking profits via merchants who denominate their merchandise in USD.
Activity: 252
I know you will come up with a bunch of excuses instead of admitting you're wrong.
But whatever.
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/bitpay-processes-5-million-in-march-eclipses-silk-road/

There are no excuses needed, just look at the dates. We are talking about consistency here.
ASIC pre-order waves are hardly that.

And funny thing is bitcoin economy is silkroad and asics to generate more bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
But whatever.

There are no excuses needed, just look at the dates. We are talking about consistency here.
ASIC pre-order waves are hardly that.
legendary
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
anyone else unable to log into gox. goxxed. goddamnit.

can login fine
Activity: 854
anyone else unable to log into gox. goxxed. goddamnit.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 840
HAHA nice, big buy!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Always amused by canadianbitcoins.com's graphs. Can someone tell me what the yellow line is?

I guess weighted price.
Jump to: