Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32431. (Read 26470880 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
The point here is if you do a normal iTunes backup without encryption enabled, and then move to a new phone with a restored backup all your google auth tokens will be gone for good. Source: happened to me last month.

Actually it was scary easy just to email the services and ask them to remove 2 factor auth so I could login and re-enable. (CampBx, Coinbase, etc)

How they know you are not hacker ? !!!!

Don't you know that your email address is the keys to the kingdom in almost all security policies?

Don't you know how to write an email with any sender address ?

Yes.  There are obvious problems with using email as the end game of security, but the reality is that is how it works.  Plus, I would assume they would only accept requests from the address on the account. (yes it can be spoofed instead of just blank)

Just 3 steps
1. accessing router where unencrypted mail will routed
2. click [Reset password] on exchange  (now you know password)
3. send an email "Please remove Google auth."

:-)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
The point here is if you do a normal iTunes backup without encryption enabled, and then move to a new phone with a restored backup all your google auth tokens will be gone for good. Source: happened to me last month.

Actually it was scary easy just to email the services and ask them to remove 2 factor auth so I could login and re-enable. (CampBx, Coinbase, etc)

Don't you know that your email address is the keys to the kingdom in almost all security policies?

anyone (else) remember when that was the only way to post to the alt.hackers news group??
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Yes.  There are obvious problems with using email as the end game of security, but the reality is that is how it works.  Plus, I would assume they would only accept requests from the address on the account. (yes it can be spoofed instead of just blank)
legendary

legendary
Merit: 1002

legendary

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Just so everybody knows, if you have an iphone, and you do a local iTunes backup AND ENABLED ENCRYPTION, it will backup google auth too. Everytiem you plug in your phone it will create a backup. You can then restore that backup to a second iPhone (i use an old one, just as an extra copy).

well waddayaknow, iphone is good for something at least

/sarcasm
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Just so everybody knows, if you have an iphone, and you do a local iTunes backup AND ENABLED ENCRYPTION, it will backup google auth too. Everytiem you plug in your phone it will create a backup. You can then restore that backup to a second iPhone (i use an old one, just as an extra copy).

legendary
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
virtex is in dire need of my money, why won't they just credit my account already! Angry

lol
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
nevermind, resolved it myself, some weird shit going on

in other news, looks like some small fish are doing some arbitrage

good, let his money rest at gox forever.
me thinks that if someone would want to accumulate bitcoins he would wait for the price to drop like it was doing some time ago. and then buy cheap.
nevermind, resolved it myself, some weird shit going on

in other news, looks like some small fish are doing some arbitrage
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
So i got a new smartphone, tried to delete my old google authenticator from my gox account in order to add a new one to my new smartphone. It wouldn't let me link the new OTP to the login and withdrawal, it just said invalid OTP. So i tried logging back in order to see if that fixes it, and now it won't let me login at all anymore. I also have an mtgox yubikey linked to the login/withdrawal...but it just says invalid OTP when i use it. Fucking gay site really.
Hope this help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFlOIRX3KOA
So i got a new smartphone, tried to delete my old google authenticator from my gox account in order to add a new one to my new smartphone. It wouldn't let me link the new OTP to the login and withdrawal, it just said invalid OTP. So i tried logging back in order to see if that fixes it, and now it won't let me login at all anymore. I also have an mtgox yubikey linked to the login/withdrawal...but it just says invalid OTP when i use it. Fucking gay site really.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Actually, feds fighting BTC is bullish news for me. The easiest way to marginalize BTC is to crash the price to the bottom,
then buy back, repeat. So the feds could slowly buy 100K BTC, driving the price up to maybe 130 $, then dump in 5 sub-waves.
When price will reach 20 $, buy back. And repeat until price is under 1 $, then 99% of people will learn to stay away from BTC.

I doubt that would work well. 100k might not be enough to slam price to $20 and buying them might well ignite quite a rally well above $130.

They would need some futures market or etf or whatever accessible to JP Morgan allowing them the use of fiat for price manipulation.

I was talking hypothetically. In the current situation, trying to buy 100k at Fort Gox could trigger a panic buy that might reach 4,000$ / coin (or more).
But I suspect the feds, in some form, are already hindering $ outflow from Gox. Like the banksters and Gox's incompetent management weren't enough...
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Actually, feds fighting BTC is bullish news for me. The easiest way to marginalize BTC is to crash the price to the bottom,
then buy back, repeat. So the feds could slowly buy 100K BTC, driving the price up to maybe 130 $, then dump in 5 sub-waves.
When price will reach 20 $, buy back. And repeat until price is under 1 $, then 99% of people will learn to stay away from BTC.

I doubt that would work well. 100k might not be enough to slam price to $20 and buying them might well ignite quite a rally well above $130.

They would need some futures market or etf or whatever accessible to JP Morgan allowing them the use of fiat for price manipulation.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What I don't get about this whole story is how this is profitable.
He bought ~8000 coins on the way from $113 to $115 and almost 2k of them for $115.
During this time ~6000 coins got sold, alot of them in his walls for ~$113.
So let's just say he ended up with ~10000 coins for an average price of $114.

Today someone pushed us back down to $110.5, now we're at $111.
So right now he lost about $30000...

Am I missing something?

How silly can you get to think that all these transactions are done by the same person?

If there is almost no activity in the market and suddently 2000 coins get bought in like 2 seconds and half a second later a 1300 coins wall pops up and another 2000 coins get bought and another 1300 wall pops up and another 2000 coins get bought and another wall pops up...
It's quite obvious I think.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
What I don't get about this whole story is how this is profitable.
He bought ~8000 coins on the way from $113 to $115 and almost 2k of them for $115.
During this time ~6000 coins got sold, alot of them in his walls for ~$113.
So let's just say he ended up with ~10000 coins for an average price of $114.

Today someone pushed us back down to $110.5, now we're at $111.
So right now he lost about $30000...

Am I missing something?

How silly can you get to think that all these transactions are done by the same person?

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I don't get it either.  It was all doom and gloom until 65 then bam, uptrend.  Did I miss capitulation?

What do these HNW guys know is coming?  Always more questions than answers.
Jump to: