Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32454. (Read 26471165 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
CampBX is US based. It is not legitimate?

I've heard their engine can be slow, but is usually adequate for their volume. Also, didn't they recently upgrade?
As an exchange, CampBX is a successful proof of concept but they haven't continued developing it beyond that point.

Do they have reason to develop further? There is so little volume, why waste money expanding or improving the platform until the demand is there? I don't think this bodes well for other US-based exchanges on the horizon. There is simply no demand for them. I won't be surprised if many months after launching they still struggle to maintain even a small fraction of whatever volume is on gox.
There needs to be an exchange for high volume.

Coinbase allows 50 a day. CampBX you can't even buy that without moving the price a large amount at most times.

I heard the Winkle twins are backing an exchange..does anyone have any info on that yet?

Why does there need to be an exchange for high volume at a time with record low volume? You are assuming demand will follow supply. That doesn't usually happen unless there is trickery or fraud involved.
To accommodate large buyers. People with money aren't interested in buying 50 btc at a time

And the new exchanges will magically have this incredible market depth for mega whales to buy and sell?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
FNG
Activity: 588

I've heard their engine can be slow, but is usually adequate for their volume. Also, didn't they recently upgrade?
As an exchange, CampBX is a successful proof of concept but they haven't continued developing it beyond that point.

Do they have reason to develop further? There is so little volume, why waste money expanding or improving the platform until the demand is there? I don't think this bodes well for other US-based exchanges on the horizon. There is simply no demand for them. I won't be surprised if many months after launching they still struggle to maintain even a small fraction of whatever volume is on gox.

Coinbase allows 50 a day. CampBX you can't even buy that without moving the price a large amount at most times.

I heard the Winkle twins are backing an exchange..does anyone have any info on that yet?

Why does there need to be an exchange for high volume at a time with record low volume? You are assuming demand will follow supply. That doesn't usually happen unless there is trickery or fraud involved.
To accommodate large buyers. People with money aren't interested in buying 50 btc at a time
Ultranode
Volume on CampBX is low because the only methods they make available for adding and removing dollars from an account are ones suitable only for hobby traders (no bank wires).

There is a very strong demand for Bitcoin in the US, but the legal barriers to entry here are substantial.

In the meantime, anyone willing to help fill the retail demand for Bitcoins via in-person LocalBitcoins sales can stay quite busy.

Bitstamp doesn't offer bank wires?

Nothing these upcoming exchanges offer is appealing. For example, what is the point of a new, faster trading engine when the current slow as snails engines are more than sufficient? You are assuming that a new exchange is going to magically create non-existent demand.
Ultranode

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Volume on CampBX is low because the only methods they make available for adding and removing dollars from an account are ones suitable only for hobby traders (no bank wires).

There is a very strong demand for Bitcoin in the US, but the legal barriers to entry here are substantial.

In the meantime, anyone willing to help fill the retail demand for Bitcoins via in-person LocalBitcoins sales can stay quite busy.
FNG
Activity: 588

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Ultranode

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
yeah, now it's your girlfriend posting your oversized head...  Cheesy

Just not the same if the eyebrows aren't moving. 
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 763
The calm before the storm. The question is: In which direction will the wind blow once the storm arrives? Bull or Bear?
… looks more and more like down to me.
KS
Activity: 448
yeah, now it's your girlfriend posting your oversized head...  Cheesy
Activity: 434
Activity: 504
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
The calm before the storm. The question is: In which direction will the wind blow once the storm arrives? Bull or Bear?
Activity: 252
Let's face it, people come to this thread for the entertainment value.  No volume is boring.  Now if Frozenlock wants to drop some more classic meme's, that could possibly fill that void.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
What happened? Is nobody interested in Bitcoin anymore?
No postings here, no volume on the exchanges, WTF.

Summer weekend, for most of the world's people.

No clear trend. When something happens this place will wake up.
Ultranode

While I believe bitcoin is headed to $300+ by end of August, I am perplexed at how the price maintains with abysmally low volume. wtf is going on
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Jump to: