Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32543. (Read 26471356 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

It is closed-source, centralized, has a currency called XRP that is 100% premined and in the hands of the creators, and the whole thing is owned by a for-profit company.

Is this not a problem for you Coinseeker? If not then wtf are you doing on bitcointalk? This is the most important thing about bitcoin, besides it can't be printed from ass, and you think it's just irrelevant?

1.  OpenCoin has stated repeatedly they will open source upon coming out of Beta.
2.  There is no "pre-mined" because there is no mining mechanism.  Either case, Ripple is not a currency anyway, so who cares?  It's a payment network.  Like Paypal for crypto and fiat but pretty much free.  Learn the difference.
3.  Since when did being a for profit company become a negative?  Free markets are only good, sometimes?  

So to answer your question, yes, this is all irrelevant to me.  If you have anymore questions, PM me.

about 2: XRP might not be mined, but it's issued by them and they control it. roughly 13,000 XRP are worth 1 BTC currently. They say it's just for spam prevention... but why is the value so high?

Speculators, same as Bitcoin.  You can't stop people from putting a value on something, even if it's in their own mind.  Everyone is looking to "get rich quick" so they drive the value up.   Either case, this has nothing to do with the Ripple payment network.  It dosent matter what the value of XRP is, the network functions the same whether they are worth $1 or $1 million.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

It is closed-source, centralized, has a currency called XRP that is 100% premined and in the hands of the creators, and the whole thing is owned by a for-profit company.

Is this not a problem for you Coinseeker? If not then wtf are you doing on bitcointalk? This is the most important thing about bitcoin, besides it can't be printed from ass, and you think it's just irrelevant?

1.  OpenCoin has stated repeatedly they will open source upon coming out of Beta.
2.  There is no "pre-mined" because there is no mining mechanism.  Either case, Ripple is not a currency anyway, so who cares?  It's a payment network.  Like Paypal for crypto and fiat but pretty much free.  Learn the difference.
3.  Since when did being a for profit company become a negative?  Free markets are only good, sometimes?  

So to answer your question, yes, this is all irrelevant to me.  If you have anymore questions, PM me so we don't distract from all the "wall" talk going on.   Roll Eyes

XRP is a currency. That's the reason the Ripple system has lost all value to me. Is was/is such a promising idea Sad
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

So to answer your question, yes, this is all irrelevant to me.  If you have anymore questions, PM me.

about 2: XRP might not be mined, but it's issued by them and they control it. roughly 13,000 XRP are worth 1 BTC currently. They say it's just for spam prevention... but why is the value so high?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

So to answer your question, yes, this is all irrelevant to me.  If you have anymore questions, PM me so we don't distract from all the "wall" talk going on.   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
I'm the only one who keeps get disconnected from mtgox?
No you are not the only one, this is annoying, 15 extra seconds for password and Yubikey could make me lose an opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

I also don't connect to mtgox any longer...
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Some people believed that 97 was a good price to sell at. Maybe they were right, but if the current trend continues, we might see 100 in 3 days.

I wasn't asking about why did people sell, I'm asking why would someone throw a 3k bid wall at 97, have it get eaten, then we see an ask wall of 1000 at 97 come up just after

Bizarre unless i'm missing something, and it's as simple as someone really wants bitcoins at 97

Whale A saw the recent upward pressure and decided to buy back in, so he placed a 3k bid wall @ 97,
Fishes think they are smart and the wall is fake, so they start selling into it.
Whale B watches how the wall gets eaten by the fishes and thinks "Phew, there's some serious downward pressure,
gonna take my profits" and puts a 1k sell wall @ 97.
Whale A thinks "dafuq?"
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Some people believed that 97 was a good price to sell at. Maybe they were right, but if the current trend continues, we might see 100 in 3 days.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

I wasn't asking about why did people sell, I'm asking why would someone throw a 3k bid wall at 97, have it get eaten, then we see an ask wall of 1000 at 97 come up just after

Bizarre unless i'm missing something, and it's as simple as someone really wants bitcoins at 97
legendary
Activity: 854
Well that 97 wall got obliterated?? what was the motive behind that one??
Activity: 841
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
That goxxing is a bit annoying, those fucks just keeps price artificially up, because they don't let people to get their money... And of course no proper announcement about the issue, they keep us in the dark. I have fiat on gox, but i'm not buying. Hope gox doesn't do the final goxxing.

gox is at 97
bitstamp is at 90
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
lol mt gox is nuts. I did a market buy for 14btc and it executed 7 times ?!? i guess that's one way to get the price moving, make people spend 7x more than they wanted to.

how often did you click the "buy" button?
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
What's your job?

'Slowly pumping Bitcoin price for a living'
legendary
The buying whale again, as expected, I managed to buy 95% of my target before he placed his order.
But he's not willing to pay more than 97, at least for now.
Activity: 153
a wild buy wall appears

did you mean to make that sound like Morgan Freeman or was that just me imagining it that way! haha...
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
a wild buy wall appears
Activity: 238
Uhmm... so... we gonna retest 99-100?

Maybe when there's enough bids the selling starts... There's now 20 kBTC to 90.

EDIT. Bitstamp goes to 0 with 20 kBTC sell =)
Jump to: