Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32670. (Read 26469953 times)

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
can anyone explain to my, how to understand the green and red bars at bitcoinity? Thanks you.
They both say go out, enjoy and forget about trading.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
Reading this thread can be kind of amusing to a long-term bitcoin investor.

I'm sure there is a lot of fun (and profit) to be made day-trading bitcoin (or anything else I guess), but I've never done that, nor have I ever even attempted to do so.  It's just not my thing. I do play a game of poker socially from time to time and that's about as close as I get.

That said, I am still a bitcoin 'investor'.  I own a measly 100 bitcoins. My average buy price was at $100 apiece, that's 10k, which is a decent chunk of change to me.

I have only bought bitcoins, I have never sold them.

My intention is to sell my coins in about 2-5 years when I expect them to be either (A) worth at least a couple of times what I paid or (B) worthless.  I suppose I could make additional money day trading but, as I said, that's not my interest or expertise.  I got a day job I gotta feed.

I would also like to use them to buy stuff, but this reveals an interesting psychology about bitcoin.  

While you day traders churn the price for your entertainment and profit, it can make someone a little leery about using it as a 'currency' to buy things if their purchase also represents a loss.  

So far I haven't actually 'lost' any money because I haven't sold any coins.  I will only ever lose money if I sell them below the average $100 price I paid for them.  But, if I use my bitcoin as a currency to actually buy something when the price is below a $100, then I *am* 'losing money' on that purchase.  I would rather use fiat to buy it than realize the loss on my 'investment'.  

The idea that bitcoin is both an investment/speculation and a currency at the same time can sometimes seem a bit schizophrenic.

I had this thought the other day when people were freaking out about the most recent 'crash'.

"Freaking out because the price of bitcoin rises or falls on any given day is like freaking out about your Apple stock because Steve Jobs yelled at Wozniak in 1980."

See ya all in about 2-5 years......

This is true, Bitcoin as a speculation medium and as a currency don't go together.  If Bitcoin ever gets accepted and used widely as a currency it will lose its volatility but gain massively in value.  That I suppose would be the final deal for us daytraders but a good one if you were holding coins.  It's only because a Bitcoin doesn't represent a certain amount of goods that this wild fluctuation in its value happens, it's just traded by us lot more than any other use.
Activity: 434
I must be in denial because I don't buy this "rally" for a minute.

I do.  Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
can anyone explain to my, how to understand the green and red bars at bitcoinity? Thanks you.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Keep your eyes on the charts my friends. This afternoon/evening, I will use my masses of USD to prove my lust for Bitcoin is firmer than the legions of weak-boner traders that recently began to pollute this forum.  Cheesy

I like you a lot better upside down.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
hoping for a dip to buy back in but for now i'm on the sidelines because i've eroded too much of my profit, my risk appetite is much much lower
The opportunity is under 80..it's vanishing quickly. Read the news, not the boards

What news?

the german news maybe? Not sure how big: http://www.bitcoin-journal.de/bitcoin-de-und-fidor-bank-ag-vereinbaren-weitgehende-partnerschaft/

bitcoin.de announced their banking partner (fidor bank) and will offer insured SEPA account to be used for live trading.

EDIT: but that's not really news.

At least we won't have the German version of the mtgox-dwolla drama.
Not news, you said it.

I'd say its "not bad news"

Oh, it's maybe no great news for you. For me it is. Down here in germany most of us don't sleep well while our money rests on some place whitout an "Einlagensicherung". How many real banks are officially involved in Bitcoin? In germany I don't know any other. Fidor will make it easier, to get bitcoins. You can ask them, they help.  

And they don't help maybe in five years, like Kipochi, not in six monthe, like the winkle-bros, they help tomorrow or at least in some weeks.

For short: Bitcoin in germany has an update.

For me its the first real good news, since I bought my2 BTC one month ago Smiley

I'm in Germany as well and do worry a bit about the future of Bitstamps bank in Slovania. I think they are fine for the rest of the year but who knows about the future.
I haven't traded on bitcoin.de in a while as it takes so long transferring money to another persons account, waiting for the verification, etc. Also been taken advantage of their 2X.

Do you know when we can use the Bitcoin.de new banking partnership? They hopefully have made changes to their account already to allow for easy integration.
FNG
Activity: 588
The opportunity is under 80..it's vanishing quickly. Read the news, not the boards
 Shocked Cool

Oh come on, another fag gonna try to stroke themself because they stated the obvious?
Yeah..because so mny people were saying we're going over 80...84 look at that.

Roll Eyes

Yes, a lot were. You think you're special, and that your few word post was worth of being repasted as an awesome, accurate prediction?  Roll Eyes

Regardless, MegaBull is running out of cash. He's only got about 3k left on 78 it appears. Maybe a few more k hidden, but I think he's played all of his cards now.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 509
Can't upload avatar
 Shocked Cool

Oh come on, another fag gonna try to stroke themself because they stated the obvious?

Roll Eyes
This is just because people didn't know about good news. Thanks for sharing! We will brake 266 any minute.

Seriously, this will end up pretty bloody.
Activity: 252
I must be in denial because I don't buy this "rally" for a minute.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Reading this thread can be kind of amusing to a long-term bitcoin investor.

I'm sure there is a lot of fun (and profit) to be made day-trading bitcoin (or anything else I guess), but I've never done that, nor have I ever even attempted to do so.  It's just not my thing. I do play a game of poker socially from time to time and that's about as close as I get.

That said, I am still a bitcoin 'investor'.  I own a measly 100 bitcoins. My average buy price was at $100 apiece, that's 10k, which is a decent chunk of change to me.

I have only bought bitcoins, I have never sold them.

My intention is to sell my coins in about 2-5 years when I expect them to be either (A) worth at least a couple of times what I paid or (B) worthless.  I suppose I could make additional money day trading but, as I said, that's not my interest or expertise.  I got a day job I gotta feed.

I would also like to use them to buy stuff, but this reveals an interesting psychology about bitcoin.  

While you day traders churn the price for your entertainment and profit, it can make someone a little leery about using it as a 'currency' to buy things if their purchase also represents a loss.  

So far I haven't actually 'lost' any money because I haven't sold any coins.  I will only ever lose money if I sell them below the average $100 price I paid for them.  But, if I use my bitcoin as a currency to actually buy something when the price is below a $100, then I *am* 'losing money' on that purchase.  I would rather use fiat to buy it than realize the loss on my 'investment'.  

The idea that bitcoin is both an investment/speculation and a currency at the same time can sometimes seem a bit schizophrenic.

I had this thought the other day when people were freaking out about the most recent 'crash'.

"Freaking out because the price of bitcoin rises or falls on any given day is like freaking out about your Apple stock because Steve Jobs yelled at Wozniak in 1980."

See ya all in about 2-5 years......

legendary
Activity: 896
 Shocked Cool

Roll Eyes

Yes, a lot were. You think you're special, and that your few word post was worth of being repasted as an awesome, accurate prediction?  Roll Eyes

Regardless, MegaBull is running out of cash. He's only got about 3k left on 78 it appears. Maybe a few more k hidden, but I think he's played all of his cards now.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
This wall scheme is getting so obvious now.  They push the price down over weeks, everyone gets scared and sells them their cheap coins.  Obviously they're going to push the price up again because they want us all to get bullish so that they can dump those cheap coins on us for top dollar, then depress the price over a few weeks to start all over again.  Well if that's their plan I don't mind too much, that's also volatility and it can be profited from if you don't get suckered into giving up your coins for peanuts.

In this case Wallzilla's plan seems to have come unstuck a bit because Megawallzilla got bored of waiting and bought Wallzilla's wall for peanuts too.  It's funny sometimes watching two of these guys playing against each other, when I see that I just hold because there's no way to know which direction the price will go in.
FNG
 Shocked Cool

Roll Eyes
Activity: 728
Activity: 434
Hoi, and while I tipped - up it goes  Grin
legendary
Activity: 896
 Shocked Cool

hoping for a dip to buy back in but for now i'm on the sidelines because i've eroded too much of my profit, my risk appetite is much much lower

What news?

the german news maybe? Not sure how big: http://www.bitcoin-journal.de/bitcoin-de-und-fidor-bank-ag-vereinbaren-weitgehende-partnerschaft/

bitcoin.de announced their banking partner (fidor bank) and will offer insured SEPA account to be used for live trading.

EDIT: but that's not really news.

At least we won't have the German version of the mtgox-dwolla drama.
Not news, you said it.

I'd say its "not bad news"

Oh, it's maybe no great news for you. For me it is. Down here in germany most of us don't sleep well while our money rests on some place whitout an "Einlagensicherung". How many real banks are officially involved in Bitcoin? In germany I don't know any other. Fidor will make it easier, to get bitcoins. You can ask them, they help.  

And they don't help maybe in five years, like Kipochi, not in six monthe, like the winkle-bros, they help tomorrow or at least in some weeks.

For short: Bitcoin in germany has an update.

For me its the first real good news, since I bought my2 BTC one month ago Smiley

FNG
 Shocked Cool
Jump to: