Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32684. (Read 26469880 times)

legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 896
10k wall appeared on ~76.50 for a few seconds. No chance to screencap it unfortunately.

Whales communicating. It is like that star trek movie. Forget which one.

8k at 76!

Lol, this poor guy. He's on the frontlines now.

@barbs.. it was 10k at 76.5 a min ago

lmao, market has NO response to this wall so far.

Come on, whales, either buy or sell! DONT LET IT BE THIS WAY!!!
Activity: 854
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
10k wall appeared on ~76.50 for a few seconds. No chance to screencap it unfortunately.

Whales communicating. It is like that star trek movie. Forget which one.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Flashing walls is sonar messaging to other whales:
* prof7bit going to implement a chat protocol to communicate via mtgox limit orders and publish it as a goxtool strategy module.

lol, really? that has got to be one of the funniest ideas ever. "chat over gox orders". love it!

somebody should take this to kickstarter.
legendary
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Flashing walls is sonar messaging to other whales:
* prof7bit going to implement a chat protocol to communicate via mtgox limit orders and publish it as a goxtool strategy module.

lol, really? that has got to be one of the funniest ideas ever. "chat over gox orders". love it!

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

Snippet

The experiment is being done in two isolated rural villages with about 20 first-grade-aged children each, about 50 miles from Addis Ababa. One village is called Wonchi, on the rim of a volcanic crater at 11,000 feet; the other is called Wolonchete, in the Great Rift Valley. Children there had never previously seen printed materials, road signs, or even packaging that had words on them, Negroponte said.

Earlier this year, OLPC workers dropped off closed boxes containing the tablets, taped shut, with no instruction. “I thought the kids would play with the boxes. Within four minutes, one kid not only opened the box, found the on-off switch … powered it up. Within five days, they were using 47 apps per child, per day. Within two weeks, they were singing ABC songs in the village, and within five months, they had hacked Android,” Negroponte said. “Some idiot in our organization or in the Media Lab had disabled the camera, and they figured out the camera, and had hacked Android.”

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/506466/given-tablets-but-no-teachers-ethiopian-children-teach-themselves/

So, how does it feel to be a believer?

I feel even more skeptical about it , Wonchi appears to be a travel destinanion quite used for people visisting etiophia and addis , even with a hotel nearby , so this thing about never seen that never seen this appears more unbelievable.

3. Never seen letters?
Serious doubts have also been expressed about Negroponte’s claim that these people have never seen print, even road signs or words on packaging. Many Africans have expressed astonishment at this statement. It’s only 50 miles from the capital Addis Ababa. Beni, an Ethiopian, says, “I know part of Wonchi and it is not as remote as you displayed it.” Another says “I bet there is a good number of people in that village who write and read. I bet these children have their own "school" that teaches them something in "Amhari" or probably even some English….I seriously doubt the very "strange" picture painted here.” Indeed, it’s on the lip of a well-known tourist spot the Wonchi Crater, which has a lodge hotel (previous residence of Haile Selassie) and is a centre for Eco-tourism. There’s even Tripadvisor reviews for the place and lots of pictures taken by tourists as the crater rim is an established trek route, which you can do in a day from the capital.

If you continue to do a research you can find more about the guy running the projects , it's failures and it's money management Smiley let's not say fraud Smiley

Negroponte does appear to spread hype over every thing he touches - this is his reworking of an earlier project in India that put PC's into slums and rural villages in India without any accompanying support or explanation and left the street kids to work it out for themselves - which they apparently did: http://www.hole-in-the-wall.com/Beginnings.html - Sugata Mitra won a TED prize in 2013 - I quite like the idea of minimally invasive education
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
someone clearly needed some fiat fast.

You seriously believe these sells happen because people need fiat? I.e. that they withdraw money from exchanges?
legendary
999.00 on 75.505.

Someone wants to play a game.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
It seems like the big money is slowly moving over to Bitstamp now that they know their fiat is safe there.

Does Bitstamp have a FINCEN stamp of approval?

LOL
Ultranode
It seems like the big money is slowly moving over to Bitstamp now that they know their fiat is safe there.

Does Bitstamp have a FINCEN stamp of approval?
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
The problem with buying right now is that wall at $80 was tested and was neither bought through nor was it pulled. Market is too scared of dumps for real upward movement. Plus, if you ship the price back to $90 how are you ever going to trigger fear and capitulation and collection tens and tens of thousands of coins sub $50-40-30?
What's a bubble deflating without some bounce here and there? I'm still waiting for my sub-$50 coins.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Bitstamp wall ? Wink

I don't know if this action wasn't transfer of "portfolio" from MtGox to bitstamp Wink
Ultranode
Isn't this still just the ASIC manufacturers selling off their coin. They can't allow it to drop too low or they'll kill their profit margin.
No, it isn't, but thanks for asking.
how do you know?

ASIC miners are all pure hearts
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Isn't this still just the ASIC manufacturers selling off their coin. They can't allow it to drop too low or they'll kill their profit margin.
No, it isn't, but thanks for asking.
how do you know?
Jump to: