Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32775. (Read 26469025 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Remember the 1089 wall @ $89 that vanished?

Well now we have a 1087 wall @ $87.   Tongue
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Mid-low 80s minimum before we see sustained buying pressure again I guess.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Starting to get some action.. right when I'm getting ready for bed Sad

200 sell, 500 sell, 500 sell, 1k sell
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
Plus, if you want to sell putting up a buy wall seems like seriously outthinking yourself.

IMO its simple, some guy wants to buy, he puts wall up, damn, nobodys selling at that price, removes it, hopes that price falls, it doesn't, oh well no harm done, up goes the wall.

How innocent of him.
legendary
Looks like only wallzirra jr was available  Undecided

Come on, 500 coins on 90?! Thats the best we've got?

YOU GUYS SUCK!

What happened to the cool guys on the 24th? Where did all of them go? All of the buyers on that day are now at a loss. And the sellers... can buy back at quite a profit.
Activity: 98
wallzirra' we need you!
legendary

Maybe mr. 89 bid wall was the same guy with the 94 ask? They disappear at the same time.

Sorry guy, its gonna take more than a 2k bid wall to incite a rally.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
You want action wait until we hit $50. Then we will see fireworks.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Seriously, all you've been doing is talking this down, people like you are not exactly helping anything for the BTC cause, just posting about how smug you are about the price drop..

Yeah all I've done in 2 years is trying to talk the twitch.tv casters into Bitcoin, accepting it in all my businesses and freelancing, talking to everyone and anyone about it, invested in it, convinced some co-workers to tip their toes in it, tipped bitbills (now worth thousands) to my local restaurants...

But you know, if I think that the price got carried away and we need to go down, I'm somehow bad for the "cause".

What have YOU done?

Yep. If all were permabullish no matter what, it wouldn't help the cause at all. It would only lead to some noobs getting a blody nosy.
Activity: 98
Wall on bitstamp is gone! Price dropped a dollar!

Yes, there really is that little activity going on. I'm so bored!  Roll Eyes Undecided
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
How does that push up (or down) the price? It was obviously a failed (at no loss) attempt to freak people out, then return the wall once the asks fill in.

Ok, say I put a 2k wall at $89.

If you want to buy, you are most likely to put your bids before me, so >$89.

Before long, there's a bunch of little orders going up to say $91.
Now I move my wall to $90. Again, you are most likely to put your bids before me.

Doing this repeatedly, you can prop up the price of a few dollar and sell higher.
Once you are out, just remove your wall.

There's also this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.736626

Except they didn't put their wall in much higher.

Plus, if you want to sell putting up a buy wall seems like seriously outthinking yourself.

IMO its simple, some guy wants to buy, he puts wall up, damn, nobodys selling at that price, removes it, hopes that price falls, it doesn't, oh well no harm done, up goes the wall.
Activity: 434
How does that push up (or down) the price? It was obviously a failed (at no loss) attempt to freak people out, then return the wall once the asks fill in.

Ok, say I put a 2k wall at $89.

If you want to buy, you are most likely to put your bids before me, so >$89.

Before long, there's a bunch of little orders going up to say $91.
Now I move my wall to $90. Again, you are most likely to put your bids before me.

Doing this repeatedly, you can prop up the price of a few dollar and sell higher.
Once you are out, just remove your wall.

There's also this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.736626
Activity: 316
Activity: 371

They should have done this instead ...

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 316
coordinated effort to drop the price?

If anything, it was to push UP the price.
I was thinking they would try to create false hope and have people buy a little feeling safe with a floor beneath them. Then pull the floor out from underneath everyone and try to cause some panic sales.
Jump to: