Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32786. (Read 26468955 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Would anyone be surprised to learn that the Winklevoss twins were almost solely responsible for pumping Bitcoin from single to triple digits with bid-walls?

No more surprised than to hear that they now want to cash out and realise that they can't  Cheesy

Wouldn't it make more sense to take cash from the IPO to manipulate the price further before cashing out? They might have enough cash and coins to drive the price up and down at will.

Yes, I already mentioned that, it's called propping up and it leads to insane volatility or more specifically flash crashes with crazy rallies in between.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Would anyone be surprised to learn that the Winklevoss twins were almost solely responsible for pumping Bitcoin from single to triple digits with bid-walls?

No more surprised than to hear that they now want to cash out and realise that they can't  Cheesy

Wouldn't it make more sense to take cash from the IPO to manipulate the price further before cashing out? They might have enough cash and coins to drive the price up and down at will.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/ytCptua.png

GG, campBx now at $0.00

Someone dumped 2k coins there all the way to 0. Poor guy probably thought there was more depth.

How can this be? The price on CBx is in the 80's...

nice looks like the Wall Street clowns are finally getting down and dirty with those "mystery blocks" everyone has been talking about!!!LOL

>>>WTF!!!!!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Would anyone be surprised to learn that the Winklevoss twins were almost solely responsible for bid-walling Bitcoin from single to triple digits?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

~$60 BUCKS!!!WOW = they are clearing ALL the stops imho be careful catching a falling knife before it hits the floor!!!!!!!*pounding the table!*

>>>WTF!!!!!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hodl regularly and often!

GG, campBx now at $0.00

Someone dumped 2k coins there all the way to 0. Poor guy probably thought there was more depth.

How can this be? The price on CBx is in the 80's...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hodl regularly and often!
What in the holy mother of bitcoin has happened to the price?! Wow.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Wow, went for shaving and shower and drama happened  Grin
legendary
You realize that anybody who buys their security does this instead of buying Bitcoins on for example Gox?
It could be the case the kind of people who are willing to buy the ETF would never have been willing to buy on Mt Gox at all.

Nah, I don't think so. My rationale behind this: Whale sightings.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Well, look on the bright side, at least they are not selling them now on the exchange !

You realize that anybody who buys their security does this instead of buying Bitcoins on for example Gox?

Of course one might suggest they will be propping up, which should yield pretty lulzy results in regards to volatility. Golden times folks! Smiley

Yes I do ... which basically means they are offering their coins for sale OTC ... or a paper tracker of the value of their coins to be more accurate
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Re the twins, the application talks about the issue price being a weighted average across exchanges on a particular date (27th June is stated, but I think it is for example purposes and subject to change) ... this would imply that they are backing it with their own coins to me. Trying to read thru it while watching this at the same time  Tongue

It's a good read in terms of 'risk factors' ... they do a good job of explaining the pros and cons of BTC.

So far to me it sounds like they want to sell paper backed by their coins and earn a fee for managing the ETF ... that there is a fee is explicitly stated ... size of basket will go down due to fees etc.

Well, look on the bright side, at least they are not selling them now on the exchange !

In their techcrunch interview they said they started buy in the "high single digits" (late 2012). So they were certainly part of the reason for the initial ramp from $10 through the old high of $31.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
MtGox's high-low is 104.8 and 102 on 27th of June. With the other exchanges being lower but not on as much volume, it's going to be a little over $100. And 200k BTC of them. Interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
It could be the case the kind of people who are willing to buy the ETF would never have been willing to buy on Mt Gox at all.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
humanitee, you know what's irony?

The Winkledouches are actually faced with the dilemma of doing just that.
Also, where is Loaded?

I don't know, I miss that guy  Cry.

Maybe if we're good this year he'll ride in on Santa's sleigh.
legendary

Of course one might suggest they will be propping up, which should yield pretty lulzy results in regards to volatility. Golden times folks! Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Re the twins, the application talks about the issue price being a weighted average across exchanges on a particular date (27th June is stated, but I think it is for example purposes and subject to change) ... this would imply that they are backing it with their own coins to me. Trying to read thru it while watching this at the same time  Tongue

It's a good read in terms of 'risk factors' ... they do a good job of explaining the pros and cons of BTC.

So far to me it sounds like they want to sell paper backed by their coins and earn a fee for managing the ETF ... that there is a fee is explicitly stated ... size of basket will go down due to fees etc.

Also states they want to create the trust as soon as possible ... that, to me, does not imply that they are planning to buy 200,000 BTC to back it - that would be a ludicrous proposition.
legendary
humanitee, you know what's irony?

The Winkledouches are actually faced with the dilemma of doing just that.
Also, where is Loaded?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
GG, campBx now at $0.00

Haha! What a move!

Bears hurry, now is time of the ultimate spin. BITCOIN IS WORTH $0!

I'll take 1$ worth!
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
GG, campBx now at $0.00

Haha! What a move!

Bears hurry, now is time of the ultimate spin. BITCOIN IS WORTH $0!
Jump to: