Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32818. (Read 26468624 times)

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
You can't all end up with more coins, for any person that ends up with more coins there is someone else who ends up with less. You may be on the lucky side, but I prefer not to dance around the chairs hoping I'm able to sit down in time when the music stops. I will just keep sitting firmly on my chair and gather as many chairs as I can while the rest keeps on dancing nervously around me waiting for the music to stop. Tongue

1) It's actually possible through Bitcoin's inflation of I believe 12.5% per annum.

2) Some people never cared about Bitcoin and bought into multimillion dollar positions on the way up to 266 just to gamble. They're leaving this market, and the hardcore crowd remains.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
We will see $100 again before we see $89 on MtGox

it looks like we could bounce (at least temporarily)

I won't chance it. Watching the tape, the sells are just too big relative to the buys. It seems like we have regular guys buying and some really heavy sellers selling. I won't risk that. Yes, technically, I say bounce, but watching the tape, they are not hiding the sell sizes very well. It seems almost orchestrated.

I'll let the market calm down a bit before re-entering...

However, I myself still do very well.

I just watched it last fall after a couple of hours (about 7) before we returned over 100

Today (so far) looks even weaker with demand.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
You can't all end up with more coins, for any person that ends up with more coins there is someone else who ends up with less. You may be on the lucky side, but I prefer not to dance around the chairs hoping I'm able to sit down in time when the music stops. I will just keep sitting firmly on my chair and gather as many chairs as I can while the rest keeps on dancing nervously around me waiting for the music to stop. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I don't see any cheap coins yet, not even at Bitstamp.

Right, i expected this answer. Because this is the standard answer i get everytime when i ask that question.

Bitcoin goes down, people here are extremely happy and scream about cheap coins, you ask them how much they bought, they tell you they're not buying yet.

There has been a lot of good advice about the price around here lately. Rampion posted some good information. I was a bit behind him in picking up on it but once I did I posted till no tomorrow the charts and what I saw. I actually called it pretty damn accurately. I just wish I would have gotten out at $130 when I first suspected things and not at $107. Anyway, thanks to Rampion for making me look deeper. One has to separate their feelings
here, at least to a degree.

Anyway, going forward, we've mentioned the resistance levels. Low 90's first, but I would be very very careful there as the 100 barrier is broken and that is a big psychological thing. Next is around $82, roughly. Then I have $68, $60, low $50's, then $20's. But this isn't in stone. You have to watch the volume and see how the price is affecting things on the charts.

I'm super bullish about BTC, like most of us here, but when we see the charts clearly saying down, don't fight the feeling...

I'll sacrifice some profit (though BTC isn't really about that primarily for me), in order to be a bit more certain of getting in at the right time.

Thank you for your word IAS, I also enjoy your posts and I love your enthusiasm, being a Bitcoin enthusiast myself. It comforts me that you find yourself agreeing with me in some occasions, half of the time I'm just having fun and I realize i border line the trolling, but at the end of the day I'm utterly sincere, I enjoy being very open about my feelings while I learn with the analysis and views of the other members in here.

There's some people posting that has a tremendous experience in the market, like Blitz, Adam or Frozenlock (and many more), and while everybody has a different approach, there's a lot to be learnt and enjoyed in the mix of cynical humor, trolling and serious statements that constitute this thread.

Coming back to the market, as you say its just stupid to fight against the trend, we are all Bitcoin bulls and that's why we are investing money, time and passion in it, so lets face the facts and play our cards so we end up with more beloved coins and possibly some fiat profits too Wink
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

I won't chance it. Watching the tape, the sells are just too big relative to the buys. It seems like we have regular guys buying and some really heavy sellers selling. I won't risk that. Yes, technically, I say bounce, but watching the tape, they are not hiding the sell sizes very well. It seems almost orchestrated.

I'll let the market calm down a bit before re-entering...
legendary
Antifragile

Right, i expected this answer. Because this is the standard answer i get everytime when i ask that question.

Bitcoin goes down, people here are extremely happy and scream about cheap coins, you ask them how much they bought, they tell you they're not buying yet.

There has been a lot of good advice about the price around here lately. Rampion posted some good information. I was a bit behind him in picking up on it but once I did I posted till no tomorrow the charts and what I saw. I actually called it pretty damn accurately. I just wish I would have gotten out at $130 when I first suspected things and not at $107. Anyway, thanks to Rampion for making me look deeper. One has to separate their feelings

Anyway, going forward, we've mentioned the resistance levels. Low 90's first, but I would be very very careful there as the 100 barrier is broken and that is a big psychological thing. Next is around $82, roughly. Then I have $68, $60, low $50's, then $20's. But this isn't in stone. You have to watch the volume and see how the price is affecting things on the charts.

I'm super bullish about BTC, like most of us here, but when we see the charts clearly saying down, don't fight the feeling...

I'll sacrifice some profit (though BTC isn't really about that primarily for me), in order to be a bit more certain of getting in at the right time.
All the fun is in LTC/XRP right now - anticipation of how high they will go. Not how low like in BTC...
Hate this but true for the moment!

Notice my post about LTC in this thread. I think it is a really valid question and I'd love to hear some responses.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1493.2760

Basically, do you want to invest in LTC while BTC is coming down and it seems LTC is more pegged to BTC than it is to the dollar? If today is any indication, then no, though it is a big down day...
I watch LTC for a lot of time (since it was 0.007$) and I agree that when BTC/USD falls, LTC/BTC goes up but LTC/USD goes down too.
So in times where BTC will probably lose value, like now, it would be wiser to go fiat.
On the other hand XRP since 19 April gained value in BTC and USD terms - so I thought that it is an even better alternative than fiat (if BTC drop in general). But lately XRP too loses in dollar terms when BTC goes down...

XRP has how many BILLIONS of shares? I don't care, but I am not going to invest in a debt based currency. Been there and done that, all of us have. XRP's benefit, from what I have read and heard, is to help reduce attacks on the network by making it costly. That sounds good, but when fiat money is endless I'm not so sure. When BTC guys can't quite grasp XRP and when most people can't quite grasp BTC, I think it's just safe to stay away from XRP. Excuse me for being a Debby Downer but something about XRP gives me a bad feeling. I for sure would use the network to get in and out of BTC, but it SHOULD NOT BE an investment. That is not it's purpose and if they make it that, question it thoroughly...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
A weak bounce and a lot of willing sellers at $95. This isn't looking good.

But it looks very weak..

I just wanted to edit my last post.

As is well seen that after 93 95-96, but it's not enough to 98-100 so far

legendary
Activity: 1428

But it looks very weak..

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1498

All the fun is in LTC/XRP right now - anticipation of how high they will go. Not how low like in BTC...

Notice my post about LTC in this thread. I think it is a really valid question and I'd love to hear some responses.

Basically, do you want to invest in LTC while BTC is coming down and it seems LTC is more pegged to BTC than it is to the dollar? If today is any indication, then no, though it is a big down day...
I watch LTC for a lot of time (since it was 0.007$) and I agree that when BTC/USD falls, LTC/BTC goes up but LTC/USD goes down too.
So in times where BTC will probably lose value, like now, it would be wiser to go fiat.
On the other hand XRP since 19 April gained value in BTC and USD terms - so I thought that it is an even better alternative than fiat (if BTC drop in general). But lately XRP too loses in dollar terms when BTC goes down...
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
legendary
Antifragile

Activity: 669
Merit: 500
I bought today and will buy next week.
legendary
Activity: 1498

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

+1
legendary
Antifragile

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
all the bear talk. tststs.

what has this thread come to?

yup.

Where do you stand Adam?

Target price for Jan 2014?

Target price for Jan 2014: 180+

I'm a bull, I see cheap coins ahead and i'm thrilled!  Smiley
Activity: 84