Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32821. (Read 26468627 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
People are realizing that they should probably clean up the bids on the order book and gather their fiat millions while the slippage is good.

Exactly, it'll be a desperate situation when a 1K sell drives the price down $10, but when that happens... it's a looong way down.  Of course, MtGox will probably put a hold no trading again.  And if they do that, I think it means they have a financial interest in the price, which would make me even more worried.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
the pessimists in this thread are hilarious

who are they? Apart from shroomkit, who appears to be bitter and sad, everybody seems happy and playful.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
the pessimists in this thread are hilarious
legendary
People are realizing that they should probably clean up the bids on the order book and gather their fiat millions while the slippage is good.

At last! But it took them long. Funny thing is that most of bulls in denial will eventually sell at the bottom.
Activity: 672
It's also a former low, next ones are 79 and 50. So if we break it, sure, it's going to be a resistance.

In your opinion how far down are we goin.

You seriously think he would know? Come on...
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
what's going on?

gox is almost down to bitstamp level.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
It's also a former low, next ones are 79 and 50. So if we break it, sure, it's going to be a resistance.

In your opinion how far down are we goin.
N12
donator
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Below 88.14, this market is going to be priced below a billion dollars again.

This isn't a billion dollar market and it never has been. People are painfully beginning to realize.
So we expect resistance there then...or no?
legendary
Activity: 1498
legendary
Activity: 896
Theres the panic! Woohoo, $92.5

I see it makes you extremely happy to see Bitcoin goes down?
Kinda odd.

Its called - this makes me money!  Grin
N12
donator
Below 88.14, this market is going to be priced below a billion dollars again.

This isn't a billion dollar market and it never has been. People are painfully beginning to realize.
Activity: 672

I see it makes you extremely happy to see Bitcoin goes down?
Kinda odd.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
Choo choo, everybody liquidate his dirty fiat millions now while the bids are juicy! Cheesy
Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 896
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
i'd be really suprised for any of the 3 biggest exchanges to go out of business...the profitability of running a popular bitcoin exchange must be enormous considering the steep trading fees they charge.

You're assuming they maintain 100% capital reserves.  All that money.... It's hard to imagine they would just leave it in customer accounts and not "invest" any of it in new servers, hosting, employees, software, security consulting, DDOS protection, legal services, physical security, or hell, even 30 day t-bills.  The costs of running a major BTC exchange have skyrocketed along with the price & volume.  High on their own success it's not hard to imagine they aren't thinking really big and trying to scale faster than their commissions can drive them.   It's a race the top, after all.  No one wants to trade on the #2 exchange.   It would take an organization with considerable discipline and integrity to resist the temptation to borrow customer funds to scale the business when the alternative is failure.  I mean hell, it's LEGAL for banks to do it - why shouldn't a BTC exchange, right?   ...then boom, 50% price drop, and oops, customers try to pull out their USD/EUR, and hmm.... well, we're a little short on fiat today...  Let's just put a hold on fiat transfers and let the market calm down for a couple weeks, and we'll pay everybody then.  We're not bankrupt, we're just low on cash TODAY, after all.   ...Then the volatility continues, some more bills come in, a few more customers cash out, and BAM liquidity crunch - Bankruptcy.   ...and the first 21st century crypto-currency "run-on-the-bank" happens.  Standard banks went through this in the 17/1800's and now they must PROVE their capital reserves every night to the Fed.  With BTC, this is just waiting to happen.
N12
donator
Choo choo, everybody liquidate his dirty fiat millions now while the bids are juicy! Cheesy
legendary
I cant believe there is no panic after the walls were eaten.

But a 1.5k wall from 93 just got pulled :/

No panic means that people take this fall as something normal.
Which might be even a scarier scenario for the 300k guys Smiley

Of course is normal. It's just following the current trend - > down.
Jump to: