Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32830. (Read 26468544 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
^ Gox just put a full page ad in the g8 summit.

If they were "fucked" I doubt they'd spend the cash to do that. Unless you think something very significant changed in the past week.
I think it may have been a little to bold of a move.

That's right! Remember the Foundation decided to buy a bunch of advertising for Bitcoin in California and a week later they get a cease and desist letter. Prominent advertising is not necessarily the best move for someone with a freshly closed Citibank account. But then again isn't Mark Karpeles a key member of the Foundation? Maybe cease and desist letters through advertising and lost bank accounts are part of the grand master plan. lol

Can anyone tell me why there is such disparity between Gox and the other exchanges?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

If they were "fucked" I doubt they'd spend the cash to do that. Unless you think something very significant changed in the past week.

Yes. They painted a target for the bankster-complex to aim at, not only on their backs, but on their faces too.

I absolutely abhor MtGox right now
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

Yes. They painted a target for the bankster-complex to aim at, not only on their backs, but on their faces too.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

When in doubt, stride more broadly across the stage.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary

We'll see.

legendary
So what's the general consensus here guys? There has never been a consensus on this forum since day one.

Will gox resume USD withdrawals in a week, or will the "extend the deadline"? Ask magicaltux on IRC

Will gox ever resume them, or is there excuse BS, and they are being regulated out of existance? I think they are fucked and losing more bank accounts than we all know but again ask magicaltux on IRC

If they resume, what will happen to the price? Continue downward gradually until $80 then stabilize

If they don't, what will happen? You place too much value on MtFux
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
So what's the general consensus here guys?

Will gox resume USD withdrawals in a week, or will the "extend the deadline"?

Will gox ever resume them, or is there excuse BS, and they are being regulated out of existance?

If they resume, what will happen to the price?

If they don't, what will happen?

they will take your moneyz and flee
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Bitcoin really is gold 2.0  Cheesy

No, not until JPM and Goldman's Sacks start selling paper BTC on the stock market, and the price inexplicably effects the price of real BTC. Grin Grin Grin

They will be shorting 63 million paper BTCs and people over in the "Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP" thread will be like "There's only 21 million bitcons, yeah, but it's a total conspiracy theory, there's absolute no way JPM and Goldman's Sacks are actually manipulating paper BTC price. Have fun being the bagholder."

Cool
Activity: 672

Will gox ever resume them, or is there excuse BS, and they are being regulated out of existance?

Absolutely nobody knows.
Activity: 518

I'm fine.
Activity: 541
Merit: 362
Rules not Rulers

legendary
How low can you go. How low can you go.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 434
Bitcoin really is gold 2.0  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Bids are disappearing fast...

Oh man, that is the worst it has looked in weeks.
Knew they would pull those bids.
Bluffers...

Bids are disappearing fast...
... on bitstamp. Do remember, there is a thread just for that exchange.

On MtGox, the 400BTC buy might slow the downward pressure for awhile.

Expect some intermittent big buys as people cash out to move money to BitStamp, BTC-e, and CampBX to get their cash out.  It also means the spread between Gox and other exchanges will grow

I'm a little worried about CampBx.  Since it allows leveraged bets, a big downward move might drive them bankrupt.
Activity: 434
Oh I remember. I don't think it's worth its own thread yet however.
Jump to: