Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32826. (Read 26468581 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
If you are not out, get out.

Unless you are prepared to hold for YEARS and willing to lose 100%.

Yeah, the YEARS part has me wondering if I should withdraw the fiat I have on Gox while I wait for the entry point I'm looking for. I'm just not very comfortable having it there for too long. I expected the bottom to be reached during the summer, thus having the fiat on Gox for two/three months didn't bother me, but seeing this bear my be much longer than I expected I have to confess my "withdraw" finger is starting to itch hard. Very hard.
Taxes would hurt a lot?

You guys truly think that you can predict, at level that is somehow even remotely likely, that price will stay at <100 $ long? Look around you, does it seem that world is changing fast or superfast? Bitcoin will die or it will go to the moon and it will not take years (it's possible, but not even close to likely).

His predictions are simply completely ridiculous and based on nothing. He's is spreading fud for whatever reason. Probably trying to get the price lower to buy some more coins. Sad.

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
His predictions are simply completely ridiculous and based on nothing. He's is spreading fud for whatever reason. Probably trying to get the price lower to buy some more coins. Sad.

Trying to predict the future from past history = FUD.

Bulls still have problems coping with reality. Tell me once the denial fades. Cheesy
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
Activity: 96
Ive think the wole thing with mtgox is just a...

source of the gif?
supernode
Ive think the wole thing with mtgox is just a...

legendary
supernode
The realization that we will probably not be seeing triple digits for the remainder of 2013. Who knows about 2014. Cry

Regarding withdrawing, I don't have that itch because of a lack of trust in MtGox but mainly to protect myself against possible irrationality/mistakes (buying into bull traps). There is a certain barrier in depositing because it takes time, so you are likely to make a more informed decision. I think I can handle it though. At a certain point I plan to split between long-term BTC holdings and speculative money.

Stop spreading fud you weirdo.

Someone buys above 100$ and gets angry hahhaa
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Unless you are prepared to hold for YEARS and willing to lose 100%.

Yeah, the YEARS part has me wondering if I should withdraw the fiat I have on Gox while I wait for the entry point I'm looking for. I'm just not very comfortable having it there for too long. I expected the bottom to be reached during the summer, thus having the fiat on Gox for two/three months didn't bother me, but seeing this bear my be much longer than I expected I have to confess my "withdraw" finger is starting to itch hard. Very hard.
Taxes would hurt a lot?

You guys truly think that you can predict, at level that is somehow even remotely likely, that price will stay at <100 $ long? Look around you, does it seem that world is changing fast or superfast? Bitcoin will die or it will go to the moon and it will not take years (it's possible, but not even close to likely).

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
The realization that we will probably not be seeing triple digits for the remainder of 2013. Who knows about 2014. Cry

Regarding withdrawing, I don't have that itch because of a lack of trust in MtGox but mainly to protect myself against possible irrationality/mistakes (buying into bull traps). There is a certain barrier in depositing because it takes time, so you are likely to make a more informed decision. I think I can handle it though. At a certain point I plan to split between long-term BTC holdings and speculative money.

Stop spreading fud you weirdo.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
supernode
BIG question: Do mtgox blocked only withdraws, or they blodked deposits too ? Smiley

You should know, as you are trading millions of BTC per day... Or do you do OTC?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Im not depositing money since i olny sell BTC to get my cash Cheesy
legendary
BIG question: Do mtgox blocked only withdraws, or they blodked deposits too ? Smiley

You should know, as you are trading millions of BTC per day... Or do you do OTC?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
supernode
N12
donator
I'm assuming a regular income or a fixed amount of money that gets averaged into say 6 months or a year, maybe even longer. You spend 1 unit every week, at the end you have a strong long-term long position that, assuming your analysis holds true, will turn profitable soon, or even before you finish accumulating. Another strategy could be to buy a unit everytime the price halves, but you will have to project for many halvings so that you won't spend your full allocation. To spend the rest, you could use trend following and buy in an uptrend.

The recent breed of bulls rather chooses to believe in singularity and 300k USD this year though, and that's why we had the bubble.
legendary
If its going down then the winning strategy is to buy more. Thats the difference between the winners and the losers. The losers buy high and sell low, the winners do it exactly the other way around.
There are many timeframes and many winning strategies. Unless people are ready to lose 100% and hold for YEARS like I said before, I would advise against counter trend strategy.

When the trend reverses up, you will a) have minimized your risk and b) probably have more Bitcoins.

For anyone who doesn't like to trade at all though and wants a Bitcoin position I agree, dollar cost averaging is the way to go.

Dollar cost averaging has been my strategy for long... But still, you need to be able to afford to buy constantly, during the crash. If you have already spent a lot in BTC, you won't average much by spending a little more while it goes down. It's just more effective to sell high, and buy lower.
supernode
ugh what a horrible thing to wake up to Sad below 100 again

After weekend it will be below 80 Smiley

Below 70 in my opinion.

I can agree with you Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
ugh what a horrible thing to wake up to Sad below 100 again

After weekend it will be below 80 Smiley

Below 70 in my opinion.
N12
donator
If its going down then the winning strategy is to buy more. Thats the difference between the winners and the losers. The losers buy high and sell low, the winners do it exactly the other way around.
There are many timeframes and many winning strategies. Unless people are ready to lose 100% and hold for YEARS like I said before, I would advise against counter trend strategy.

When the trend reverses up, you will a) have minimized your risk and b) probably have more Bitcoins.

For anyone who doesn't like to trade at all though and wants a Bitcoin position I agree, dollar cost averaging is the way to go.
legendary

Agreed that the best time to sell it's not now - it was obviously April, 9th, or if you didn't have the sheer luck to catch the very top, best time was when we bounced to $160ish after the crash to $50.

In any case, you win more by selling now at $100 and buying back lower. Because it will be lower...
Jump to: