Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32906. (Read 26467823 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
It should begin going down as we are near a full moon.
http://i41.tinypic.com/a9o5td.png

Where is this graph from?

Actually, including moon cycles is a standard feature in nearly every bitcoin charting service... from bitcoinity to clarkmoody. Who needs complex indicators when you've got the tide on your side?

If the moon affects behavior enough to show marketable increases in crime, then why not buying behaviors? (Ever wonder where the word "Lunatic" came from?)
I know my dream intensity increases during full moons and I've seen too many children have trouble sleeping during them, so something does look like it is being affected.

We are not just walking around on a planet, we are a part of it and the Universe we live in. Our habits are influenced by everything,... grasshopper.  Wink
(And then there is the Quantum Physics perspective if you prefer.)
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
price is floating up on light volume, and even small sales are enough for it to get hammered back down. No doubt about it, this is a fake rally designed to let people sell high. Bail while you can! Full disclosure, I'm short from $106.5  Grin

Yes and we have the makings of a 3rd straight day of higher prices on progressively lower volume. This happened last week on the 9-11 (no pun) and we wen't down afterwards. It is a tell tale downward formation (if it holds)...
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
The past month has been a cut-and-dry downtrend. Good luck pitching investment to a newcomer, let alone convincing them to pay more than $100 for a coin. 100 euros was a nice ceiling on btc/usd (~$130), 50 euros will be a nice floor.   Cool

Yawn. 

have some coffee with that cup-and-handle turned flag/pennant pattern...  bullish looking right?

Ignore mode, activate.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
The past month has been a cut-and-dry downtrend. Good luck pitching investment to a newcomer, let alone convincing them to pay more than $100 for a coin. 100 euros was a nice ceiling on btc/usd (~$130), 50 euros will be a nice floor.   Cool

Yawn. 
legendary
legendary
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Actually, including moon cycles is a standard feature in nearly every bitcoin charting service... from bitcoinity to clarkmoody. Who needs complex indicators when you've got the tide on your side?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Metacoin Enthusiast

legendary
legendary
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Werebears.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

What? the moon affects the price?? What am I missing?
Apparently, full moon does.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

What? the moon affects the price?? What am I missing?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 811
Web Developer
I'd never sell this high. I'm waiting for a drop.  Maybe I'll buy some more if it hits $115.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
The bids are getting bumped by bots bidding .01 higher in an effort to entice other buyers to get frustrated and buy at a higher price. Watch the order book for a bit, you'll see the same bots breaking down transactions into tiny amounts (faster to execute and easier to disguise), but they are effectively buying 1 and selling 1.1; just gaming the bid/ask ratio and making those pretty bars turn from red to green by floating the bid. Buyers look at the chart and think "oooo! look at that big volume, it's green!" Sorry, but that's just high-frequency gaming at it's best. The real winners are the market makers who are earning pennies and nickels on the spread, the real losers are those buying above $100.

This has TRAP written all over it.
So you think.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
The bids are getting bumped by bots bidding .01 higher in an effort to entice other buyers to get frustrated and buy at a higher price. Watch the order book for a bit, you'll see the same bots breaking down transactions into tiny amounts (faster to execute and easier to disguise), but they are effectively buying 1 and selling 1.1; just gaming the bid/ask ratio and making those pretty bars turn from red to green by floating the bid. Buyers look at the chart and think "oooo! look at that big volume, it's green!" Sorry, but that's just high-frequency gaming at it's best. The real winners are the market makers who are earning pennies and nickels on the spread, the real losers are those buying above $100.

This has TRAP written all over it.

well done,
now you know what you have to do...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
price is floating up on light volume, and even small sales are enough for it to get hammered back down. No doubt about it, this is a fake rally designed to let people sell high. Bail while you can! Full disclosure, I'm short from $106.5  Grin

You want to us sell more BTC
Jump to: