Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32907. (Read 26467825 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
MtGox aren't sending international wires out since last week.

Even those of verified accounts?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Another push! Will we break 113 this time?  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
good stuff

now just wait till the money from the gold sell off gets here  Grin

Call it a hunch but I'm going to say this might put some people off making deposits.

BS pics or it didn't happen
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
good stuff

Call it a hunch but I'm going to say this might put some people off making deposits.

Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
good stuff

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
According to Moody, there are bids totaling more than $50 million in the $0 - $2.50 range.

It isn't difficult to manipulate the total bid sum. All you need to do is place lots of bids far below where you expect sales.

I didn't know Clark Moody displays a USD sum?

Anyway, all that matters is USD on bid side and BTC on ask side. 1M coins for 0.0000001 $ is still less than a dollar and can't add any buying power. And you can't fake that. You either have the money and coins on the book or not.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
According to Moody, there are bids totaling more than $50 million in the $0 - $2.50 range.

It isn't difficult to manipulate the total bid sum. All you need to do is place lots of bids far below where you expect sales.

You need the cash...

Yes, but bids in that range obviously aren't real support. They will never get filled, so this must be taken into account when looking at total bid sum.

They were filled (in 2011 .. hacked gox)  but gox reverted(invalidated) transactions (from $17 to $0.01) .. and invalidated access to this funds (impossible to withdrawn if you are not verified .. nobody is .. and nobody can verify)
Activity: 84

max bid sum (range $0-$265) was $24M -> there is not $50M in range $0-$2 (edit: and never was)

Oops, you are right about total in $0-2 range.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

good stuff

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

You need the cash...

Yes, but bids in that range obviously aren't real support. They will never get filled, so this must be taken into account when looking at total bid sum.
legendary

max bid sum (range $0-$265) was $24M -> there is not $50M in range $0-$2 (edit: and never was)
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

You need the cash...
Activity: 84

legendary
Was there a big wall at 105 today that disappeared or am I imagining stuff?
$19k to 100 USD/BTC
$42k to  90 USD/BTC
$64k to  80 USD/BTC  (yesterday $53k, $37 few days ago)

Edit: as you can see @ http://blockchained.com/  (bid sum [kUSD])
Edit2: growing and fast :-) (but who knows)
Edit3: "chooo chooo" :-)
legendary
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Was there a big wall at 105 today that disappeared or am I imagining stuff?
legendary
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Jump to: