Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32996. (Read 26466783 times)

KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
but then, do you want to attract the attention of the EU?
What do you mean?

This can swing both ways, good or bad.

If you attract the attention of the EU officials (in Brussels, you cannot *not* bump into them), you put BTC on the EU map which is potentially a good thing, but you also risk exposing it to unwanted regulation, which could be a hindrance.

I'd be interested to know how things turn out in Helsinki.

Would you be surprised if senior members of HM Government (HMRC/MOD/Treasury), are talking to prominent members of the UK Bitcoin community? The attention phase has passed.

Oh, I think it's just starting.

It started a few months ago, and is a continuing dialogue.

They're only a few years late... Smiley
KS
What do you mean?

If you attract the attention of the EU officials (in Brussels, you cannot *not* bump into them), you put BTC on the EU map which is potentially a good thing, but you also risk exposing it to unwanted regulation, which could be a hindrance.

Maybe a stupid question from my side, however i could not think of a answer.
How do you see Brussel ( or an other government ) regulate Bitcoin?

They could ban the use of the Bit-tips, for ex. That would put a stop to the initiative.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Selling pressure slowly building up.

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
thanks for that one.
loved the comparison to some hookers beating up a mom because she looked like competition.

btc is gonna get the hell speculated out of it by USD.Cheesy
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This is the "unknown" type of stuff that can make BTC run again. Another Cypress and we all saw what that did to BTC.

Actually, no, we didn't.

Maybe you work better with pictures.  Grin

"On 25 March 2013, a €10 billion bailout was announced in return for Cyprus..."
Note, it was talked about before it happened. Just look at mid to late March and what followed. Clearly no coincidence.

Sorry, not seeing. Do you have any proof? Or just a guess presented as a fact?

My bad, must have been one of those coincidences...

Look, i'm not saying it is completely impossible but not one person so far has been able to prove the connection. I was just checking if you were the first. And you weren't.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Once they start there will be no end. In no time you will have to prompt your peers for permission before adding them to peers.dat.. put a big warning sign saying THIS IS NOT MONEY on any physical bitcoins.. register all your addresses with the ECB.. their imagination has no end. They even regulate how deep your tractor is allowed to make tracks on your own farmland.
eu even regulated to what degree a banana has to bend to sell it as that. (no joke!)
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
This is the "unknown" type of stuff that can make BTC run again. Another Cypress and we all saw what that did to BTC.

Actually, no, we didn't.

Note, it was talked about before it happened. Just look at mid to late March and what followed. Clearly no coincidence.

My bad, must have been one of those coincidences...
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Actually, no, we didn't.

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
What do you mean?

Once they start there will be no end. In no time you will have to prompt your peers for permission before adding them to peers.dat.. put a big warning sign saying THIS IS NOT MONEY on any physical bitcoins.. register all your addresses with the ECB.. their imagination has no end. They even regulate how deep your tractor is allowed to make tracks on your own farmland.
legendary
Activity: 1554
What do you mean?

Would you be surprised if senior members of HM Government (HMRC/MOD/Treasury), are talking to prominent members of the UK Bitcoin community? The attention phase has passed.

It started a few months ago, and is a continuing dialogue.
KS
What do you mean?

legendary
adamstgBit, we went past $110... did you panic buy like you said you would?  Smiley

no i just woke up.

i think i will be buying today, tho.

need to do some more TA wishful thinking to reassure myself

Just to confirm, you are not willing to bet that we will reach 180 in 13 days like you claimed?

He already said NO.
Activity: 252
adamstgBit, we went past $110... did you panic buy like you said you would?  Smiley

no i just woke up.

Just to confirm, you are not willing to bet that we will reach 180 in 13 days like you claimed?
Activity: 841
What do you mean?

KS
Businesses want to make money. You said you are a capitalist, right. Well, if you could drop visa, mastercard, etc. and increase some of your sales profits by 2%-4%, why would you "snub" that?

There is some small ideas and big ideas to enforce BTC, though. We already gave Bitcointip in Haikko, and I am likely extending it to Punavuori (an area in the center part of Helsinki where about 5000-10000 people live). We will dole out free millibitcoins as bills, and inform all the restaurants there that if they serve their clients well, they will receive tips (because tips are already there in the hands of their clientele - we have give them out for free to all the inhabitants Smiley Then the restaurants can cash them in for euros, or redeem them for actual bitcoins. Or keep them in circulation as bitcoin-denominated change.

July 7th, the restaurants in central-southern Helsinki area would all be delivered a bulletin, concerning What is Bitcointip. They are small bills that soon will come to circulation and can at any time be exhanged for euros, or redeemed as physical bitcoins by bringing them to an exchange point (the area where this experiment is conducted is only about 100 acres (40 ha) and walkable. After a restaurateur sign, the tip is redeemable.

There are only about 5600 apartments below a certain line that classifies the area as South-Helsinki. These all can be delivered by mass mailing. Actually we believe that most of the salvos empty themselves in the trashcan, so the payload would be about 800 bitcoin-sheets which is 3,200 bitcointip notes. Free money can also be given on the streets to the ones who know. We need several Bitcoin-T-shirts for that (remember my earlier idea if the summit were oversold...)

There are about 300 restaurants in the area, I believe we have quite good ratios, if the number of actually usable tipnotes exceeds the restaurants by a factor of 10.

I thought the restaurant approach might work in Brussels as well (many restaurants in a tight area), but then, do you want to attract the attention of the EU?

They already know   http://www.ecb.int/pub/pdf/other/virtualcurrencyschemes201210en.pdf)

Yes, that "drug money coin"...  Roll Eyes

However, it's one thing to "know about it" and another to be directly confronted with it in a totally LEGAL fashion. They might actually be shocked in realizing there are other uses to BTC and that THEY can be a part of it too (if they choose to). It's going to be a reality check for them.
legendary
Activity: 1554
What do you mean?

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Actually, no, we didn't.

legendary

no i just woke up.

Man, we are at $110.00 - BUY BUY BUY!!!

Need any more of that? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

no i just woke up.

Jump to: