Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32997. (Read 26466786 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
adamstgBit, we went past $110... did you panic buy like you said you would?  Smiley

no i just woke up.

i think i will be buying today, tho.

need to do some more TA wishful thinking to reassure myself
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
but then, do you want to attract the attention of the EU?
What do you mean?

This can swing both ways, good or bad.

If you attract the attention of the EU officials (in Brussels, you cannot *not* bump into them), you put BTC on the EU map which is potentially a good thing, but you also risk exposing it to unwanted regulation, which could be a hindrance.

I'd be interested to know how things turn out in Helsinki.
Activity: 434
adamstgBit, we went past $110... did you panic buy like you said you would?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Businesses want to make money. You said you are a capitalist, right. Well, if you could drop visa, mastercard, etc. and increase some of your sales profits by 2%-4%, why would you "snub" that?

There is some small ideas and big ideas to enforce BTC, though. We already gave Bitcointip in Haikko, and I am likely extending it to Punavuori (an area in the center part of Helsinki where about 5000-10000 people live). We will dole out free millibitcoins as bills, and inform all the restaurants there that if they serve their clients well, they will receive tips (because tips are already there in the hands of their clientele - we have give them out for free to all the inhabitants Smiley Then the restaurants can cash them in for euros, or redeem them for actual bitcoins. Or keep them in circulation as bitcoin-denominated change.

July 7th, the restaurants in central-southern Helsinki area would all be delivered a bulletin, concerning What is Bitcointip. They are small bills that soon will come to circulation and can at any time be exhanged for euros, or redeemed as physical bitcoins by bringing them to an exchange point (the area where this experiment is conducted is only about 100 acres (40 ha) and walkable. After a restaurateur sign, the tip is redeemable.

There are only about 5600 apartments below a certain line that classifies the area as South-Helsinki. These all can be delivered by mass mailing. Actually we believe that most of the salvos empty themselves in the trashcan, so the payload would be about 800 bitcoin-sheets which is 3,200 bitcointip notes. Free money can also be given on the streets to the ones who know. We need several Bitcoin-T-shirts for that (remember my earlier idea if the summit were oversold...)

There are about 300 restaurants in the area, I believe we have quite good ratios, if the number of actually usable tipnotes exceeds the restaurants by a factor of 10.

I thought the restaurant approach might work in Brussels as well (many restaurants in a tight area), but then, do you want to attract the attention of the EU?

They already know   http://www.ecb.int/pub/pdf/other/virtualcurrencyschemes201210en.pdf)
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

If you pour hot water out of the tap into a pot your attention span must be about the one of a ADD patient not to be able to watch it.

Don't do this in the UK.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This is the "unknown" type of stuff that can make BTC run again. Another Cypress and we all saw what that did to BTC.

Actually, no, we didn't.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
but then, do you want to attract the attention of the EU?
What do you mean?
Activity: 252
180 in less than 13 days  Cool

Do you want to bet on it?

do you accept Abstract Coin  Huh

I accept BTC and Paypal. So?

EDIT: LTC is fine too.

last time i made a bet like this I lost 1 BTC..

i'd rather bet by buying or selling the coins themselves

C'mon it's sure gain for you, after all in less than 13 days it's going to be 180, huh? Smiley
Why are you spreading such bullshit if you are not willing to put the money where your mouth is?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

last time i made a bet like this I lost 1 BTC..

i'd rather bet by buying or selling the coins themselves
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
This is the "unknown" type of stuff that can make BTC run again. Another Cypress and we all saw what that did to BTC.

Greece back in crisis mode on state TV shutdown, downgrade http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/12/us-greece-tv-idUSBRE95A0ZN20130612 (Saw this mentioned in another thread btw.)

(Reuters) - Greece's government faced an internal revolt and public outrage on Wednesday over the sudden closure of state broadcaster ERT, hours after the humiliation of seeing its bourse downgraded to emerging market status.

The prism thing is starting to blow up. Seems like the NSA wasn't just spying on people, but perhaps on corporations in other countries as well. Just watch the first 10 mins or so of todays Max Keisser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J2tlG6gmnc&list=SPPszygYHA9K2ZtV_1KphSugBB7iZqbFyz&index=56

Things are starting to build up again.

This can get ugly...

KS
Activity: 448
Businesses want to make money. You said you are a capitalist, right. Well, if you could drop visa, mastercard, etc. and increase some of your sales profits by 2%-4%, why would you "snub" that?

There is some small ideas and big ideas to enforce BTC, though. We already gave Bitcointip in Haikko, and I am likely extending it to Punavuori (an area in the center part of Helsinki where about 5000-10000 people live). We will dole out free millibitcoins as bills, and inform all the restaurants there that if they serve their clients well, they will receive tips (because tips are already there in the hands of their clientele - we have give them out for free to all the inhabitants Smiley Then the restaurants can cash them in for euros, or redeem them for actual bitcoins. Or keep them in circulation as bitcoin-denominated change.

July 7th, the restaurants in central-southern Helsinki area would all be delivered a bulletin, concerning What is Bitcointip. They are small bills that soon will come to circulation and can at any time be exhanged for euros, or redeemed as physical bitcoins by bringing them to an exchange point (the area where this experiment is conducted is only about 100 acres (40 ha) and walkable. After a restaurateur sign, the tip is redeemable.

There are only about 5600 apartments below a certain line that classifies the area as South-Helsinki. These all can be delivered by mass mailing. Actually we believe that most of the salvos empty themselves in the trashcan, so the payload would be about 800 bitcoin-sheets which is 3,200 bitcointip notes. Free money can also be given on the streets to the ones who know. We need several Bitcoin-T-shirts for that (remember my earlier idea if the summit were oversold...)

There are about 300 restaurants in the area, I believe we have quite good ratios, if the number of actually usable tipnotes exceeds the restaurants by a factor of 10.

I thought the restaurant approach might work in Brussels as well (many restaurants in a tight area), but then, do you want to attract the attention of the EU?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
We don'T know if forces want it going up, down, or sideways. This is a small market, easily manipulated and when you think it is involved, or is, monetary reform... oh boy...

It is possible to manipulate the market down 20% by showing only 6,000,000mBTC. Done that.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
I don't believe we're in a real bubble deflation phase anymore. The higher lows trend has actually not been broken yet. If you look carefully at the charts the only real 'lows' post-crash are 50, 79 and 88 (the most recent one). To falsify the 'we're only in a correction' hypothesis we need to break below 88 again and then 79.

Or they could repeat lows (around 88, 79 or 55) and the price bounce. Then we know that we have probably stagnate behind.
legendary
Activity: 1554
I assume crashing would mean dumping a lot of coins. So they'd buy all they can get, which drives the price higher and then they dump. But selling coins needs two parties - a seller and a buyer. The after-crash price is determined by demand. What I want to say: I don't think they could ever bring it down to 1/10000 or something, because people will buy in and I assume the ratio between high and low of the after crash (i.e. 1/5, 1/16 you mentioned above) will shrink proportional to the gain before the crash.

Government currency manipulation... You may want to ask this guy about that...

And Mr Soros
Jump to: