Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33. (Read 26412056 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
I've never been a weak hand to sell during a big dump. But, this time it is different. I have to sell in a week about 1-2% of my stash to order a new car from the Mercedes factory. (It will come after 5 months, so I can't delay anymore. This is just the initial payment, the rest will be from my salary and probably some smaller percentage of my stash after 5-6 years.) I know that this is not a lambo to brag about, but I just need a nice  car with a good suspension and high tech packages for my daily errands. I'm waiting for a call from the bank when they are ready with the formalities, so I have to sell no matter the price. The timing is rather bad, really. I coud have sold at 70K, but I didn't want to sell until I am certain the deal is 100% sure.

I just got news from the bank. The bad news is that I won't get the deal with the parameters which I wanted, so the deal is off. The good news is that I don't have to sell anything in the coming months.

Fuck banks. If mine would've allowed me to borrow against my assets (sitting with them), even for like 1/5 or 1/10 of the value, I would have quite a better stash now. The problem was that my assets weren't their shitty funds (I am NEVER going to subscribe that shit at their conditions, EVER!). There were stocks, but "not enough diversification". There were ETPs (but based on... what's that XBT/BTC thing? No wayyyy this is garbage to borrow against!).

I asked for a bank loan when the interest was very reasonable (and only on the amount actually used), waiting for a low that punctually came and I obviously missed (apart from the measly quasi-DCA I could afford at the time). I could have bought a big sack of corn instead, resold a handful and paid off the interest in just a few months. FUCK BANKS.

You can borrow from yourself in some individual/solo 401k plans (allowable for a single member LLC or a single person proprietorship).
Those are 'magical'- you can tax defer up to 69000-76500/year (!) and borrow up to 50K from yourself (not all brokers support this, but some do).
Talk to your CPA about it.
EDIT: in some solo 401k you can invest directly in bitcoin (in addition to gold, real estate, etc), which makes it really interesting.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 2556
Speaking of cars.

1500 miles / 2400 km on a single tank of diesel!
A 2011 VW Passat 1.6 TDI. I was impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azQ67YEPCxs

Realistically speaking I'd probably buy one of those if I had to have another car.

Super anonymous these days. Governments suddenly hate diesel. Even more reason to get one.

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
Fck those banks.
Wait ~12 months before placing a new order and it will cost you a laughable small amounth of Bitcoin for your Mercedes.
Will do the same. Don't know which one a Posche Macan EV ore BMW X5

Hello Paashaas, change your password Wink
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
I've never been a weak hand to sell during a big dump. But, this time it is different. I have to sell in a week about 1-2% of my stash to order a new car from the Mercedes factory. (It will come after 5 months, so I can't delay anymore. This is just the initial payment, the rest will be from my salary and probably some smaller percentage of my stash after 5-6 years.) I know that this is not a lambo to brag about, but I just need a nice  car with a good suspension and high tech packages for my daily errands. I'm waiting for a call from the bank when they are ready with the formalities, so I have to sell no matter the price. The timing is rather bad, really. I coud have sold at 70K, but I didn't want to sell until I am certain the deal is 100% sure.

I just got news from the bank. The bad news is that I won't get the deal with the parameters which I wanted, so the deal is off. The good news is that I don't have to sell anything in the coming months.

Fuck banks. If mine would've allowed me to borrow against my assets (sitting with them), even for like 1/5 or 1/10 of the value, I would have quite a better stash now. The problem was that my assets weren't their shitty funds (I am NEVER going to subscribe that shit at their conditions, EVER!). There were stocks, but "not enough diversification". There were ETPs (but based on... what's that XBT/BTC thing? No wayyyy this is garbage to borrow against!).

I asked for a bank loan when the interest was very reasonable (and only on the amount actually used), waiting for a low that punctually came and I obviously missed (apart from the measly quasi-DCA I could afford at the time). I could have bought a big sack of corn instead, resold a handful and paid off the interest in just a few months. FUCK BANKS.
Activity: 204
Merit: 134
I'll buy this piece of shit car and pretend to be a no coiner. Especially if our Capital Gains Taxes increase here soon.
Buy clothes at the second hand store / Primark if I'm feeling rich and live off protein shakes and bananas.

The cheapest car I could find on Autotrader.
In one of the utterly shittiest locations I've ever been to in the UK also. An absolute dump of a place.

Would take Fiat Punto over a Renault. Every Renault have had also has some electrical & clutch issues ends up bleeding your money

Activity: 204
Merit: 134

Fck those banks.

Wait ~12 months before placing a new order and it will cost you a laughable small amounth of Bitcoin for your Mercedes.

My choice is Mercedes GLC coupe 2024 300d mild hybrid. It looks exactly like this:
https://youtu.be/gFu9UnVlhSE?t=97
I compared this model to BMW x4, x6, Mercedes GLE and various Porsches. I've tested also this model and I'm convinced this is the right car for me. It is highly responsive 2 ton sport suv, with turning diameter of only 10.9m, thanks to the rear axle steering. The only car, which is better regarding the suspensions  IMO is Porsche Panamera 4E-hybrid with the extra 8K euro ride control package. But I haven't tested it, and it is too big, heavy and expensive for me, at least for now.

P.S. I got another call from the bank, after I told them that I can't accept their proposal. It seems that they don't see the whole picture, so I will send them the bank statement for my annual income. Let's see what happens then.

hey man, when i lived in euro zone and did what you doing with your bank I found it better to work with 3 different banks and play them off each other to get the best deal for you. They will never say they want your business but if you tell them you are talking to are going to a rival bank bankers hate to lose business to rivals. Also they dont talk to each other so you can make up a rival bank offer and show it to them to get more favorable rates/terms.

On the car side, congrats. If this is your first new car please also consider the maintenance, petrol, annual taxes etc costs too for each of your choices when you consider total cost of ownership. Its been many years since I did this type of comparison in an eu country, but merc's pipped bmw's for tco but i preferred bmw engineering and road stability. The offset cost was worth it for the better drive quality for me personally.
legendary
I'll buy this piece of shit car and pretend to be a no coiner. Especially if our Capital Gains Taxes increase here soon.
Buy clothes at the second hand store / Primark if I'm feeling rich and live off protein shakes and bananas.

The cheapest car I could find on Autotrader.
In one of the utterly shittiest locations I've ever been to in the UK also. An absolute dump of a place.

legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait

Fck those banks.

My choice is Mercedes GLC coupe 2024 300d mild hybrid. It looks exactly like this:
https://youtu.be/gFu9UnVlhSE?t=97
I compared this model to BMW x4, x6, Mercedes GLE and various Porsches. I've tested also this model and I'm convinced this is the right car for me. It is highly responsive 2 ton sport suv, with turning diameter of only 10.9m, thanks to the rear axle steering. The only car, which is better regarding the suspensions  IMO is Porsche Panamera 4E-hybrid with the extra 8K euro ride control package. But I haven't tested it, and it is too big, heavy and expensive for me, at least for now.

P.S. I got another call from the bank, after I told them that I can't accept their proposal. It seems that they don't see the whole picture, so I will send them the bank statement for my annual income. Let's see what happens then.
legendary
US debt: $1,000,000 per citizen: no problem.
Carry on. Buy them Nvidia stock eh Jimmy? AI, where it's at. AI good. AI great. You need AI. Everyone buy it now.

Kenya debt: $180 per citizen: chaos.

Roll Eyes

Welcome to the Western "responsible" madhouse everyone.
You need another share of democracy up your ass if you don't agree.

Keep voting for the usual suspects here who promise more of the same I guess.
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 379
Merit: 41
very important I suppose..

https://github.com/cryptoquick/bips/blob/e1fa27cb25deee8d58bdb9a64c112dfdf09e216d/bip-p2qrh.mediawiki
Abstract
This document proposes a new SegWit output type, with spending rules based on SQIsign signatures. (For more on why SQIsign is chosen, see the Security section.) A constraint is that no hard fork or modifications leading to an increase in block size are necessary.

Security
Quaternion isogeny signature algorithms represent the state of the art in post-quantum cryptography, beyond lattice cryptography, especially when key and signature length are major constraints.

Quantum resistant signature algorithms ordered by shortest proposed signature size:

SPHINCS+ - 17KB
pqNTRUsign - 702 bytes
FALCON - 666 bytes
HAWK - 652 bytes
SQIsign - 177-335 bytes
SQIsign2D-West - 148-294 bytes
SQIsignHD - 109 bytes

SQIsign, quantum resistance algorithm,  is coming.

don't worry about the price, we'll see 70K in serveral months.

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
This down turn allowed a lot more corn for me.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 4357
Addicted to HoDLing!
Price may be dumping,
But the 15-minute chart,
Tells me you love me! ❤️

#bitcoinlovehaiku
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 691
Merit: 357

Fck those banks.

Considering the Taycan (Porsche's first EV) is the least reliable EV ever made so far I definitely think you are in for a lot of trouble with a Macan EV.

X5; only the older 3 litre diesels etc I would consider. Not really a fan of the weird massive grill on the new ones.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-most-reliable-electric-cars/n26158

Exactly.. Or even better to buy the 'old' Macan Turbo than the EV..

I personally have one. It's a good compromise for style/reliable/engines and room... and cheaper than a Urus Wink
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

For some reason, I imagined the Roblox "oof" sound when I saw this.

legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
WikiLeaks' Julian Assange to be freed after pleading guilty to US espionage charge.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is due to plead guilty on Wednesday to violating U.S. espionage law, in a deal that will end his imprisonment in Britain and allow him to return home to Australia, ending a 14-year legal odyssey.

Assange, 52, has agreed to plead guilty to a single criminal count of conspiring to obtain and disclose classified U.S. national defense documents, according to filings in the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands.
He is due to be sentenced to 62 months of time already served at a hearing in Saipan at 9 a.m. local time on Wednesday (2300 GMT Tuesday). The island in the Pacific was chosen due to Assange's opposition to travelling to the mainland U.S. and for its proximity to Australia, prosecutors said.
Assange left Belmarsh prison in the UK on Monday before being bailed by the UK High Court and boarding a flight that afternoon, Wikileaks said in a statement posted on social media platform X.

"This is the result of a global campaign that spanned grass-roots organisers, press freedom campaigners, legislators and leaders from across the political spectrum, all the way to the United Nations," the statement said.
A video posted on X by Wikileaks showed Assange dressed in a blue shirt and jeans signing a document before boarding a private jet with the markings of charter firm VistaJet.
He will return to Australia after the hearing, the Wikileaks statement added, referring to the hearing in Saipan.

He will likely die in under a year from natural causes once he is released. Wink

I give him credit for trying to force some transparency on the world leaders.
Activity: 24
Merit: 4

The dip causing a lot of distraction here and there. There's no better way than staying focused on the bigger picture ahead and, eventually it's going to worth the hodl.
Pages:
Jump to: