Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33031. (Read 26466507 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Why we are far from the bottom:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1fz5ih/this_is_the_perfect_time_for_buying_bitcoins/
Just for anybody joining now, BTC is having a bit of a drop, but in the long term, this is the best opportunity in the last few weeks to buy, probrably wont be another one like this
i just bought 20 BTC Smiley
Cheesy
read such comments everytime we went below 100$ which happened 3x since crash in april.
somehow people are psychologically attached to that nice round number to see some fundamental value in btc at that point
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Sold at $131.80
Bought back at $93.27
Sold at $100.50
Bought back at ......... TBD
Activity: 434
Why we are far from the bottom:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1fz5ih/this_is_the_perfect_time_for_buying_bitcoins/
Just for anybody joining now, BTC is having a bit of a drop, but in the long term, this is the best opportunity in the last few weeks to buy, probrably wont be another one like this
i just bought 20 BTC Smiley
I base my trades solely on what is said in this thread.  Grin
Smiley
hey i'm just speculating what could happen.
(i just trade on comments by some rare longterm users in this thread, and even then it's mostly better to just watch and hold as a newbie)

I'm following the market as recently as last bubble and throw some thoughts out from time to time,
to see what comments they get.
by that i hope to learn some things from users that have more longterm experience.

i noticed sunday night dumping as good method for buying cheap coins. (market can be manipulated with lower volumes during the night when the daily show is over and then panic begins in US on monday morning)
watching the sundays of the last weeks a monday dip occured quite often or am i wrong?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
One bitcoin to rule them all!
So how come, someone buys 4k the price stays about the same and if someone dumps 4k we enter freefall?

It's like stacking dry sand. It can only go so much higher, but poke it a little and it will slide quite a bit.
legendary
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
This stopped updating https://www.tradingview.com/e/?symbol=MTGOX:BTCUSD#

Can someone let them know they lost connection to MtGox API?

Activity: 980
I base my trades solely on what is said in this thread.  Grin
i missed the whole action of last three days so I'm maybe way off,
but i have this gut feeling that we'll see more dumps during the night, so US can wake up to low price and start another panic selloff.
(well at least if i was speculating with lot of coins I'd do that)

Activity: 462
Hmm from 70-80k bids to 50k bids in only 9 days, things are certainly looking towards the drop in BTC.  Also a 5k wall at $108/110 definitely going to be tough to raise the price.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
lots of people bought in for no other reason than the price was going up, what else would you expect to happen when the price starts to tank?

Indeed, this provides opportunity though. The imperfectness of the market is what allows us to outperform it Smiley

Unfortunately it is very very hard to value Bitcoin because it is unknown what the exact growth rate of Bitcoin (many years of slow growth discounts the future value quite hard) will be, there is non-zero chance another cryptocurrency will overtake it and because it is an asset it doesn't produce anything (as Buffet says: an ounce of gold will in a hundred years still be an ounce of gold). I do believe it is significantly undervalued today but my this is based on many assumptions that can be flawed.

I don't see how that can be - it can't possibly deliver currently on a $100 per bitcoin investment, unless it keeps going up in value. But why would it go up in value if it can't even deliver on a $100 per bitcoin investment? In other words, the price is way above the utility.

Value and price are two different things.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
i just saw how a 1000 btc buy wall got eaten in less than 10 seconds in the morning   Roll Eyes

morning in which timezone?

I think he meant "mourning"
Activity: 252
i just saw how a 1000 btc buy wall got eaten in less than 10 seconds in the morning   Roll Eyes

morning in which timezone?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
lots of people bought in for no other reason than the price was going up, what else would you expect to happen when the price starts to tank?

Indeed, this provides opportunity though. The imperfectness of the market is what allows us to outperform it Smiley

Unfortunately it is very very hard to value Bitcoin because it is unknown what the exact growth rate of Bitcoin (many years of slow growth discounts the future value quite hard) will be, there is non-zero chance another cryptocurrency will overtake it and because it is an asset it doesn't produce anything (as Buffet says: an ounce of gold will in a hundred years still be an ounce of gold). I do believe it is significantly undervalued today but my this is based on many assumptions that can be flawed.

I don't see how that can be - it can't possibly deliver currently on a $100 per bitcoin investment, unless it keeps going up in edit:price. But why would it go up in edit:price if it can't even deliver on a $100 per bitcoin investment? In other words, the price is way above the utility. edit: it's extremely poor value at this price  Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1078
that was crazy shit oO
Jump to: