Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33026. (Read 26466542 times)

Activity: 564
Merit: 508
People are just selling some of those $90 coins for quick profit.

Even the $100 coins is a quick 7% profit now.

The next big dump will resume next weekend lol

Not so sure.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Activity: 411

is there any other service out there then bifinex (they stoped working with gox due to dwolla stuff etc.. ) to short on gox?
massive opportunity Smiley

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

Activity: 411
I hear BTC being sold...

Will the current price hold without our good friend wallzila?
hehe .. thats why i'm not buying  this all feels too manipulated to me.

This kind of blatant manipulation only encourages me to withdraw more USD from the exchanges.

I'm thinking of this as a kind of attack against crypto currencies.

If someone was hired and funded by a government and asked to do their best to destabilise and potentially collapse Bitcoin and other crypto currencies in general this is exactly how someone could do it and accumulate Bitcoin for future moves while doing so.

Destabilisation to the point where people don't know what's going on or have any idea what to expect will deter serious investors from getting involved.

I'm not saying this is a 'state actor' but it makes sense that this would be one method of attack by a well funded enemy of Bitcoin.

I'm thinking that this kind of large scale manipulation could pave the way for further regulation and open up exchanges to legal problems under different laws to the existing ones which are being applied right now.

I wonder if anyone who knows much about Japanese legislation and how uncontrolled potentially preventable manipulation on this scale would apply to MtGox. I have to wonder if someone's engineering a situation which could open up new avenues of legal action.

on the other hand.. these are big opportunities for other  big players to join the game.. since it's so easy to manipulate and make big profits 

free market will set itself back on track ..    thats what I believe..   

there's enough btc out there to eat big manipulators whatever amount they bring..  at some point they need to buy btc to push prices down with a ask wall so..  if you have a lot of btc and want to cash out .. thats an opportunity.

i noticed too that 8k wazillza at some point didnt move price.. ppl where like.. fuck it.  .. so they can manipulate of course but there always that line where people are fed up with it.

i'm sure with the last rally up from yesterday and today.. .. if wazilla shows up .. some panic silling wil happen.; and much more as usual since there are bigger volumes involved..   so there's an opportunity to buy in low.     

I personaly dont think it's government people behind the manipuation, they could crash the price anyday.. with a few 100 millions.. not that big of an amount i think for even a small country.

happy trading

I don't expect BTC breaking $115 before crashing again.

So i'm not the only one.
Probably not even 112.
We'll see.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Feeling playful lately. Bought some on the way up at $101ish due to move up backed up by volume, sold at $108.5

I don't expect BTC breaking $115 before crashing again.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Good morning.

Hmmm.
This is gonna hurt.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
I hear BTC being sold...

hehe .. thats why i'm not buying  this all feels too manipulated to me.

This kind of blatant manipulation only encourages me to withdraw more USD from the exchanges.

I'm thinking of this as a kind of attack against crypto currencies.

If someone was hired and funded by a government and asked to do their best to destabilise and potentially collapse Bitcoin and other crypto currencies in general this is exactly how someone could do it and accumulate Bitcoin for future moves while doing so.

Destabilisation to the point where people don't know what's going on or have any idea what to expect will deter serious investors from getting involved.

I'm not saying this is a 'state actor' but it makes sense that this would be one method of attack by a well funded enemy of Bitcoin.

I'm thinking that this kind of large scale manipulation could pave the way for further regulation and open up exchanges to legal problems under different laws to the existing ones which are being applied right now.

I wonder if anyone who knows much about Japanese legislation and how uncontrolled potentially preventable manipulation on this scale would apply to MtGox. I have to wonder if someone's engineering a situation which could open up new avenues of legal action.
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
Morning bitcoin maddness. Bloody typical. Just as I decide to grow balls and wait for another big dump, this happens!
Bought at 101, sold at 107.  This is fun!   Rinse and repeat I hope.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Rally on volume... And we were just where we were before the crash to sub-$100... And with buying volume as we didn't have for many weeks.

Crazy BTC Wink
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

LOL! That about sums up my "strategy" for the weekend. Damn, I was really hoping to get some sleep tonight but... can't... stop... watching.

Sleep?

THIS IS BITCOIN!!!
Cool
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
how tedious.

Seems like a great time to sell if you hesitated before...

C'mon plankton, bite that whale in the ass!
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
I hear BTC being sold...

Actually the only thing worrying me for the middle term BTC price is the legal situation in USA.
How is that now? Still endangered by the department for homeland security?
Dammit why does fiat money have to be that slow. I deposited enough to buy 50BTC on thursday, still havnt gotten the transfer through. I have been refreshing my balance so many times the last days, and now this Sad

I know everyone wants "cheap" coins but you may want to think about "fairly priced" coins. There is nothing wrong with purchasing something that is priced fairly.

Cut the current price in half and that would be about "fair".

That would be $54 a coin. That is just as ridiculous as stating the fair price should be $265. You are going to have a hard time finding anyone agrees with you when the consensus is the fair price at this moment is $108.

Actually, there are a few people here who believe it should be in the $13-$30 range.  I've kept my personal valuation at $50-60 for the time being and that's about the price most people say they would "go all in".  Time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 434
Well, shit.

I just started using them.  Cry

They were also a sponsor of Ed & Ethan Bitcoin show.

Sad day indeed.

Edit: How many have closed now? 5, 6?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Dammit why does fiat money have to be that slow. I deposited enough to buy 50BTC on thursday, still havnt gotten the transfer through. I have been refreshing my balance so many times the last days, and now this Sad

I know everyone wants "cheap" coins but you may want to think about "fairly priced" coins. There is nothing wrong with purchasing something that is priced fairly.

Cut the current price in half and that would be about "fair".

That would be $54 a coin. That is just as ridiculous as stating the fair price should be $265. You are going to have a hard time finding anyone agrees with you when the consensus is the fair price at this moment is $108.
How do we evaluate BTC? If we approach it like a stock and talk about earnings, supply and demand, etc., we can see there aren't large earnings but there sure is supply and demand with this low float "entity".
We also can look at it like a commodity, or as a store of value, but these days it is too volatile for that. (But it still must be factored in considering it is a revolutionary monetary tool.

But, just looking at using Bitcoin as a replacement for a small percentage of Credit Card transactions, Western Union transactions, etc, we can evaluate Bitcoin at over $1000 EASY. That is not right now. BUT,
who evaluates a new disruptive "stock" at "right now" performance? Anyone remember Amazon, Ebay, etc. in the late early days? They were trading at 50, 75 or more times earnings. You do that with disruptive Black Swan technology.

So, I can't agree with a low price now, but it may very well happen as we have things, like government, price manipulation, scared investors, etc. there beyond our control. But if we don't get shut down (which really would be tough), we are looking at evaluations that make my $1000 price seem small. Just do the math, simple math... Oh, my bet is that more than likely we are on the Forex in the next couple of years... that is when things go Boom (to boot).
Jump to: