Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33068. (Read 26466139 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.

But he IS right in saying that bitcoin will never be used for microtransactions.

why not?

i guess using ltc is an option for doing alot of super micro tx

the reddit bot is another good thing people can use, the bot can make miro tx between reddit users for free....

Why not? Because when my friend lacks money to spend on a steam sale that ends in an hour or two, I can't send him bitcoin as it will take too long. I need to use paypal.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.

But he IS right in saying that bitcoin will never be used for microtransactions.

why not?

i guess using ltc is an option for doing alot of super micro tx

the reddit bot is another good thing people can use, the bot can make miro tx between reddit users for free....
I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Eh, i'm not feeling it. Ripples, centralised, mass-producible currency which is easy to regulate. Stupid name too. Who the hell is going to post on Facebook that they got "900 ripples this week! Who wants a drink?"?

And that's the beauty of freedom and of the Ripple network.  You can use whatever currency you want.  XRP are a currency within Ripple, sure.  But Ripple is a payment ecosystem that allows people to use whatever currency they choose, without boundaries.  I could theoretically pay someone in Japan with Bitcoins and the user on the other end can have their money in Yen, for instance.  They never had to deal with BTC, eventhough I do, yet everyone is happy dealing with the currency of their choice.  

I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.
I think we're going to see more minimal up and down around this 110 spot until those whale walls give in.  Same thing is going to happen as the last time they put a huge wall up to prevent the fall.  The longer it stays there, the harder the fall is going to be when they pull the plug.  Maybe that's what they want because in the end, they will lose.  If the markets want to go down, they are going down.  Just delaying the inevitable, assuming down is what's inevitable. 

I'm just ready to cash in my double digit guarantee.    Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
If you want to make a river, pour water on the mountain top.

This is only one of many reasons I choose Ripple as a better world currency alternative.  There are vastly more XRP's.  So many in fact, it could be literally hundreds of year, if ever, that you would need to calculate beyond the 3rd decimal.  It's nearly impossible to do this with Bitcoin because there are only 11 million of them and at most 21 million.  And that doesn't account for how many have been or will be lost forever.  I know what you'll say, "Bitcoin can be broken down to 8 decimal places."  What the vast majority of people say is, "Who cares, what a pain in the arse to deal with .00239484 of something."  And I agree.
Wow... just wow dude.... if that really is a problem why don't we just multiply all bitcoins in existence with 1000 ? Nobody loses and you get that vastly more bitcoins you're looking for Wink

But in that case, mBTC and later uBTC or satoshi will basically do the same thing, in solving this "problem".

No, you're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  And honestly, nobody cares.  We didn't ask to have the wheel reinvented, we just said build a better wheel.  

In the end, that's why I choose Ripple as the future.  You choose what you want...but you're all wasting your time trying to sell me on 8 decimal places, satoshis, sushis, whatever.  Who cares.  It's waste of time.  I thought I made that clear. There are better ways to do it.  Bitcoin is not a currency.  That's my view.

Eh, i'm not feeling it. Ripples, centralised, mass-producible currency which is easy to regulate. Stupid name too. Who the hell is going to post on Facebook that they got "900 ripples this week! Who wants a drink?"?
Wall around $105 is now 11k.  Shocked

One big order for 6k and another for 2k.

And of course walls are never fake  Roll Eyes  Although yeah, this one might stand.
Activity: 434
Wall around $105 is now 11k.  Shocked

One big order for 6k and another for 2k.
legendary
Guys, you realize there's every other subforums for this kind of discussion, right?

Your gifs are funny, but your reasoning is so retarded that I'm forced to think you're trolling.

Let me ask you a very simple question: don't you realize that debt money is bad money?

You already have LOTS of it. You already have a "global currency": debt. I really don't know what you're babbling about when you start with your "Ripple superior to BTC" song.

Honestly, are you serious?

I'm aware you don't know what I'm "babbling" about, as it relates to Ripple, because you don't understand Ripple.  You're prejudiced against anything not Bitcoin, thus remain ignorant to what Ripple really is.  Truly, Ripple is not a Bitcoin competitor or replacement.  It could become that, but that is the choice of the people.  That is not what Ripple is for.  Ripple could actually make Bitcoin more accessible to more people and businesses, without more people or more business actually having to deal directly in Bitcoin.  It's a win, win for Bitcoin.  Sure beats begging businesses to accept Bitcoin in numerous forum threads.   Roll Eyes

How your "debt" point is even relevant, I'm still trying to figure that out.

First, your "100 billion is superior to 21 millions" is ridiculous, as others pointed out.

Secondly, Bitcoin is designed to replace a flawed, centralized system, based on debt money created from thin air. It's a challenge to factual powers.
Ripple is just a distributed layer built on top of this flawed system, and shares all its drawbacks - adding an additional layer of debt-driven negative incentives. Plus, the crypto built inside Ripple is 100% centralized, while its security mechanism (no mining, consensus, no incentives to be a validator) is 100% untested.

And finally, you really do not understand the deep implications of Bitcoin. How it represents a step towards freedom, because it can free you from debt money. You seem not to value that, probably because you cannot understand it. You are too happy to be a slave. Or you are troll. No other options.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

This is only one of many reasons I choose Ripple as a better world currency alternative.  There are vastly more XRP's.  So many in fact, it could be literally hundreds of year, if ever, that you would need to calculate beyond the 3rd decimal.  It's nearly impossible to do this with Bitcoin because there are only 11 million of them and at most 21 million.  And that doesn't account for how many have been or will be lost forever.  I know what you'll say, "Bitcoin can be broken down to 8 decimal places."  What the vast majority of people say is, "Who cares, what a pain in the arse to deal with .00239484 of something."  And I agree.
Wow... just wow dude.... if that really is a problem why don't we just multiply all bitcoins in existence with 1000 ? Nobody loses and you get that vastly more bitcoins you're looking for Wink

But in that case, mBTC and later uBTC or satoshi will basically do the same thing, in solving this "problem".

No, you're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  And honestly, nobody cares.  We didn't ask to have the wheel reinvented, we just said build a better wheel.  
So moving the decimals a few zero's to the left is "building a better wheel"?

In the end, that's why I choose Ripple as the future.  You choose what you want...but you're all wasting your time trying to sell me on 8 decimal places, satoshis, sushis, whatever.  Who cares.  It's waste of time.  I thought I made that clear. There are better ways to do it.  Bitcoin is not a currency.  That's my view.
Guys, you realize there's every other subforums for this kind of discussion, right?

Your gifs are funny, but your reasoning is so retarded that I'm forced to think you're trolling.

Let me ask you a very simple question: don't you realize that debt money is bad money?

You already have LOTS of it. You already have a "global currency": debt. I really don't know what you're babbling about when you start with your "Ripple superior to BTC" song.

I'm aware you don't know what I'm "babbling" about, as it relates to Ripple, because you don't understand Ripple.  You're prejudiced against anything not Bitcoin, thus remain ignorant to what Ripple really is.  Truly, Ripple is not a Bitcoin competitor or replacement.  It could become that, but that is the choice of the people.  That is not what Ripple is for.  Ripple could actually make Bitcoin more accessible to more people and businesses, without more people or more business actually having to deal directly in Bitcoin.  It's a win, win for Bitcoin.  Sure beats begging businesses to accept Bitcoin in numerous forum threads.   Roll Eyes

How your "debt" point is even relevant, I'm still trying to figure that out.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

It's very easy to re-program software to move the decimal and denominate in mBTC or any other.  Humans don't do well with small fractions but computers have no problem with it.  This is one of the easiest things to fix.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

If Bitcoin does survive, it will be as a store of value and nothing more.  But that IS a big deal in and of itself. It can not be a world currency because it can not do micro transactions.  There's no getting around that.  For Bitcoin to make that possible would undermine the security of the blockchain. (From my limited understanding) Some of these discussions, like this one, are actually filled with some sensible discourse on both sides, but in keeping with that tradition, you have to accept logic at some point.  What you want Bitcoin to be and what it realistically can be, are often 2 completely different things.

Bitcoin will never be a world currency.  Some other crypto very well may be and that could be a good thing, minus the ideological bible thumping of course.  Tongue   But it's just not going to be a world currency.  No way, no how.  All that said, hoard away.  That's what it's best for.  I agree with some sentiments in, "Save" not be a slave to credit.  I couldn't agree more.  

Bottomline:  Hoarding Bitcoin does not undermine it as a world currency, because it will never be a world currency.  It is a store of value, use it as such.

Eh, you could sell Bitcoins as Satoshi. Otherwise agreed that Bitcoin is a store of value and an incredible speculative tool.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
your reasoning is so retarded that I'm forced to think you're trolling.

+1
How hard is it to get Bitcoins are in infinitely divisible ....
legendary

Come on baby, now let us know if the price will go UP, or DOWN.

Let me guess.... Down?

Wink
legendary

Jump to: