Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33107. (Read 26465862 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
GUYS,GUYS, you're missing the action ... we just made a new 24 hour high ... 122.1  Shocked
The rally is ON !

Omg this is crazy! I can see a new bubble forming already. Tongue
Maybe everything from the April crash onwards is just one huge bear trap and it'll be $10000 coins next week, lol!

Maybe I should have Bugatti on speed dial just in case
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
I prefer people summarising my efforts to use more positive superlatives, but ok.

Hey, it was your choice to enter academia, now you gotta deal with peer review.
legendary
Activity: 1246
GUYS,GUYS, you're missing the action ... we just made a new 24 hour high ... 122.1  Shocked
The rally is ON !

Omg this is crazy! I can see a new bubble forming already. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
GUYS,GUYS, you're missing the action ... we just made a new 24 hour high ... 122.1  Shocked
The rally is ON !

No wait........Sell Sell Sell.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
log_(n)(x) and log_(n)(x+1) are of course not the same. If sarc stated that, he was wrong. Funny enough, for his results it shouldn't really matter much, the difference will be minimal I think.

It would have quite an effect when the price was really low (think around $0.1)

[snip]

Valid point. I forgot that trading started below 1 USD.

Anyway, to make it a bit more interesting for the general population of this thread, summary time!

(1) sarc's exact modelling techniques aside, the graph he posted is not entirely different from similar results that have been posted before. sarc's regression analysis sees the price below 30 USD right now (correct me I'm wrong, please), while the others had us in the realm of 50 USD (does anybody have a link to one of those?).

(2) regression analysis is a well-founded statistical technique, but by no means guaranteed to accurately predict the future price.

(2) Math is hard. Let's go shopping.

I prefer people summarising my efforts to use more positive superlatives, but ok.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The rally is ON !

someone gobbled up 1100 btc from 121.5 -> 122.5
Activity: 798
The rally is ON !

EDIT ... 122.5 !!

Let's talk about math, baby
Let's talk about math, baby
Lets talk about all the good and all the bad trigonometry

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Eventually everyone learns that they are pretty meaningless  Grin
True. It's good to have an idea why they're meaningless though.

It's really just about organizing the conversations in different threads so we don't have to wade through tangents to find what we came here for...

But if you don't mind tangents, perhaps I can tell you about our lord and savior, Jesus?

I see you are a noob. This thread has always been a whorehouse about gut feelings, FUD spreading, funny GIFs (who is not a hardcore fan of TheKoziTwo?), and sometimes a little TA and some commentary on walls (which are nowhere to be seen lately, BTW).

That's what this thread is about - and it has always been.

If you want a thread about ONLY wall commenting, please go ahead and start your very own self-moderated topic.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
log_(n)(x) and log_(n)(x+1) are of course not the same. If sarc stated that, he was wrong. Funny enough, for his results it shouldn't really matter much, the difference will be minimal I think.

[snip]

Valid point. I forgot that trading started below 1 USD.

Anyway, to make it a bit more interesting for the general population of this thread, summary time!

(1) sarc's exact modelling techniques aside, the graph he posted is not entirely different from similar results that have been posted before. sarc's regression analysis sees the price below 30 USD right now (correct me I'm wrong, please), while the others had us in the realm of 50 USD (does anybody have a link to one of those?).

(2) regression analysis is a well-founded statistical technique, but by no means guaranteed to accurately predict the future price.

(2) Math is hard. Let's go shopping.
Eventually everyone learns that they are pretty meaningless  Grin

Eventually everyone learns that they are pretty meaningless  Grin

It's really just about organizing the conversations in different threads so we don't have to wade through tangents to find what we came here for...

But if you don't mind tangents, perhaps I can tell you about our lord and savior, Jesus?
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
legendary

Which is to say, it would make older bitcoins look significantly more expensive, decreasing the estimated size of the exponential growth and making the projected price lower.
I thought this thread was about wall watching, not in-depth conversations about technical analysis.  But maybe that was just me...  

The beauty of this thread is that we make with it what we want. And we enjoy it. If you don't like it, that's why there is an ignore button. Just ignore the users who are not posting about "wall watching", and you are all set.

I just want to keep us on topic for everyone's benefit.  I'd rather not ignore peope - maybe they'll have something useful to say in the future.

Anyway, just a suggestion folk - start a separate technical anal thread if you want to measure each other rulers.

OMG. People might actually learn something about the lines they're drawing all over the place.  Shocked

legendary
I thought this thread was about wall watching, not in-depth conversations about technical analysis.  But maybe that was just me...  

The beauty of this thread is that we make with it what we want. And we enjoy it. If you don't like it, that's why there is an ignore button. Just ignore the users who are not posting about "wall watching", and you are all set.

I just want to keep us on topic for everyone's benefit.  I'd rather not ignore peope - maybe they'll have something useful to say in the future.

Anyway, just a suggestion folk - start a separate technical anal thread if you want to measure each other rulers.

OMG. People might actually learn something about the lines they're drawing all over the place.  Shocked

legendary

Consider that x is not unitless. Now, when you do logs, that tends to factor out - log(x*y)=log(x)+log(y). Even though you logically can't log a unit, it just kinda falls out because you're looking at the shape. But you *must* have units agree for addition. Hence sarc has log($x+$1). Why $1? What if we price the Bitcoin in cents? Is it now x+1 or x+100? What about Euros? Lira? Litecoins?

I think sarc may be misapplying this from another modelling technique.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nope.
log(x+1) is right for this data, that's how I'm able to fit a straight line to it and make a valid estimate of the underlying trend to date.  

Do you really mean:

log(x+1)

as in

log_(n)(x+1), where x = USD/btc, and n is the base you chose? If so, maybe that's a technique used in statistical modeling, but it certainly is not correct per se.

I've actually used log10(x+1), which looks optimal for modelling the underlying trend.

But I'm thinking that if we can't get past the transformation applied to run the analysis, then its point is very underwhelming for many anyway. Still, it's a pretty graph. Smiley

No ... its also about watching people banging their head against walls  Tongue
Can't believe I stepped out for 2 hours and you guys are still at it ... get a room   Cheesy

Hey Rampion, wanna know what else happens in GofT ??  Grin
Jump to: