Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33169. (Read 26465272 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Who said yesterday that fiat in Gox's order book was "actually increasing"?

It's going down steadily, at a rate of $1M less each 2/3 days.

At Bitstamp we have only $935k ATM, which is less than we had one week ago (aprox. $1.05M).

Where's the fiat going? Profit taking? Bears crapping their pants?

Good. Cheaper coins for the rest of us.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
legendary
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Creeping up Up UP!

Thanks adamstgBit!

In other news, The Pirate Bay cranks up the Bitcoin (and Litecoin...) publicity:
http://thepiratebay.sx/

One of his last posts,
It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.
legendary
legendary
1st rule of ANY stock-type item is that past performance is NEVER indicative of future performance.  It doesn't matter what the eff BCT did in the past. That has no bearing on its future.

Sure. If you read my post history you will see I scream: "this is no 2011". I said many times that IMO the very post crash bottom was $50, which is a bullish indicator taking into account we were at $14 in January. But it's still interesting to point out both differences and similarities to the summer of 2011 situation.

Past performance may not be an indicative of future performance, but it's fun watching people saying similar things in similar situations, and making the same mistakes - over and over.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
1st rule of ANY stock-type item is that past performance is NEVER indicative of future performance.  It doesn't matter what the eff BCT did in the past. That has no bearing on its future.
legendary
after the first crash steadied itself the price flatlined at $15 for a good while from the $32 high, that's about 45% off the high, now we are in almost the same situation, high of $266 and holding around $128-$132, which is just under 50% again. So the market is not really surprising me. It does seem though that either we'll slowly crawl upwards and bubble 3 will start or it will crumble, it's so hard to tell, no matter what bulls or bears say. After the first crash we managed to pull out of it and bitcoin survived to go on and and hit 8.3x the old ATH, and we're in the same situation again, if Bitcoin grows as the VC people in Silicon Valley want then we could easily see bubble 3 with much higher highs than $266, but at the same time there is potential for bitcoin to crumble. Interesting times really, and no one really knows what's going to happen because it's major future events that will dictate where we go and it obviously depends on the next stage of bitcoins evolution, either it flourishes and becomes widely accepted creating bubble 3 or it gets hammered down on by regulators and governments and people just cash out what they can and walk away.

There are definitely similarities to 2011, especially looking at the charts. Also in the level of FUD spreading: is "the Government will go after BTC" the new "exchange was hacked and everybody lost everything"?

I just missing those bitter posts about Bitcoin being a Ponzi and Satoshi its very own Maddoff (but of course those posts peaked on November, just approaching the very $2 bottom).

To the contrary, just after April 10th 2013 we had lots of good news and positive media coverage - which didn't have at all in 2011.

I guess we are approaching the moment in which we will see clearly if the April 10th crash was a bubble pop or a correction. If we break $125, I expect to creep down slowly.

No way so deep as in 2011, but deeper than most permabulls expect.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
I'm going to sleep.
Wake me when it's over.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
when 125 falls its not going to be pretty.

I do not suggest riding out the coming storm in what has to be the craziest AltCoin there ever was Abstract Coin but if you're nuts you can BUY some today!
legendary
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
5.5K sold puts kink in mini rally.  Embarrassed
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Creeping up Up UP!

Thanks adamstgBit!

In other news, The Pirate Bay cranks up the Bitcoin (and Litecoin...) publicity:
http://thepiratebay.sx/
legendary
Activity: 648
Merit: 500
Some of the most stability we've had this year and there are 600+ pages? I give up on following this thread.
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
Hahaha @ MeatBuddy   Grin
legendary
Jump to: