Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33222. (Read 26464154 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Small rebound before we head back down?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I think the Liberty Reserve news is a big deal.
LRUSD was the virtual currency of choice for a lot of shady or barely legal businesses.
I estimate a few TENs of millions LRUSD are now suddlenly useless.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Well that was unexpected.

Irony ?

It looks exactly like one of those 'cup and handle' things only inverted.

An inverted cup and handle on the H1 chart.

I'm not really one to study the charts in too much detail, does it mean anything ?
Activity: 420

Well, i don't think it was unexpected at all, in fact i was expecting some bear greed. A lot of people just sell to rebuy cheaper, all short term bears here are just long term bulls.

I wish someone push the price to 1000$ spending 20mil$ in one move after a severe dump, lefting all bears that sell back at 128$ with no coins to purchase at Gox.

It was completely expected, the only surprise was that it didn't happen sooner.

I think someone overplayed their hand pushing down to 128.3 though.  We'll see, but I think that the bottom for the weekend won't be much lower than that.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Well, that sorta sucks. Looks like Liberty Reserve was shutdown today.

Costa Rican arrested in Spain for alleged financial crimes

Article seems a little iffy, but http://www.libertyreserve.com/ does appear to be down.

The obvious question now: what are LR users going to transact with instead?

And how many people had money sitting on LR. Seems like a fairly big deal. Without Dwolla, I'd imagine LR was a fairly big chunk of Gox deposits. Surprised no one is talking about this, they were down all day Friday. Maybe not that many people used LR.

Wow this is HUGE big shitz, LR is a gigantic washing machine with millions transiting, many exchange business that deals with LR also do bitcoin, like Aurumxchange. Expect big Losses due to this shutdown for whole digital currency community.

Well BTC is Monopoly now , heck i'm turning ubber bull, i'm holding btc for long, to hell with short term trading.

What do you mean, "BTC is Monopoly now"? Bitcoin is anything but a monopoly. I don't get it.
Sounds to me like he was referring to the boardgame 'Monopoly'.
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Long weekend in UK as well with a holiday on Monday.

I wonder if that means more trading or less as people aren't at work.

Also any incoming (to MtGox) bank wires should be processed on Monday in Japan as normal as it's not a holiday there.

I've never liked weekends or holidays on the exchanges. I'm sure someone can go run the numbers to see if the weekends are actually worse, but it seems that way to me. I also don't like the end of the month, but I'm fairly sure someone disproved that.  Grin
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
legendary

Not really. I sold all mine last night.

Same here. Long weekend in the USA, end of the month, things don't pick up until Tuesday.

Long weekend in UK as well with a holiday on Monday.

I wonder if that means more trading or less as people aren't at work.

Also any incoming (to MtGox) bank wires should be processed on Monday in Japan as normal as it's not a holiday there.
Activity: 411
price will probably go a little bit(127-128) more down during the weekend..  no big problem realy.. iz a   beartrap :-)    and lucky for me i have some bids to be filled so.. please keep on selling weakhands Smiley

Same here. Long weekend in the USA, end of the month, things don't pick up until Tuesday.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
How can one expect anything from an unpredictable market?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Weekend dip is a classic situation.

Anyhow, move on low volume.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: