Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33254. (Read 26463802 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I couldn't help notice the following statement: "I could careless what people on these boards think"

1st observation: it's care less not careless
2nd observation: if you don't care what people think, then why are you posting on a forum? I mean, it's not like you're here to people watch... :/

just saying...

An observation

If you're going to be a pedant at least get it right ...

Its 'I couldn't care less'

2nd 'observation' of yours makes no sense to me ... people have a multitiude of reasons for reading and posting on forums

Just saying  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
leverage? not sure that is for me. I have a lot to learn yet and a special ability to sell low and buy high.

You said you use a stop-loss. I was indirect asking: where do you trade and put a stop loss. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
often i find myself wishing bitcoin would crash hard so i could buy like a mad fool again  Cheesy

because lots of us have that idea, it will never crash to the levels  you wish - unless bitcoin fundamentals
are done with.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Funny how suddenly the Bitstamp wall is more interesting to follow than the MtGox wall. Tongue

I know right.  Fiends for action.   Shocked

Hopefully it's a sign of the times.  It is good for Bitcoin if Gox loses it's dominance. 
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Funny how suddenly the Bitstamp wall is more interesting to follow than the MtGox wall. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
often i find myself wishing bitcoin would crash hard so i could buy like a mad fool again  Cheesy

It was at $266.
When is this considered a buying opportunity?  Cheesy

I bought some at $80 but that is way higher than I paid for most of my Bitcoins and way higher than it was only a few short months ago. Give it some time Smiley
Activity: 371
Edit:  Well...there goes that 500BTC over on Bitstamp.

BOOM!

That's what I experienced in the past with Bitstamp. There is much hidden bid-power.

telemaco: Bitfinex?

leverage? not sure that is for me. I have a lot to learn yet and a special ability to sell low and buy high.
Activity: 434

It was at $266.
When is this considered a buying opportunity?  Cheesy
legendary
By the way, 119 @Bitstamp is highest high since 10. march.

H4:

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

BOOM!

That's what I experienced in the past with Bitstamp. There is much hidden bid-power.

Yeah and another 200+ just got eaten.  My Bitcoinity sounds like a freaking woodpecker over here.   Tongue  We're pushing 119 now. 
legendary

BOOM!

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
i am going to cut my veins with a spoon if this does not reach 123 at least ...

Be patient, everything is cool.  We were actually at 123 pretty good all morning.  Bitstamp has remained over 118 since. Now with what Samson just laid out, I see "traps" everywhere....I don't know what to do.   Grin

Edit:  Well...there goes that 500BTC over on Bitstamp.

ok i feel better now. what a hell of a ride. I am going to place a stop loss at 122.3 though

Be patient, everything is cool.  We were actually at 123 pretty good all morning.  Bitstamp has remained over 118 since. Now with what Samson just laid out, I see "traps" everywhere....I don't know what to do.   Grin

Edit:  Well...there goes that 500BTC over on Bitstamp.
Well, if you are bullish, a wall like that means you don't get much price slippage when you buy.

Many people have given this same slippage explaination over and over again since I joined this forum.

The reason I don't believe it is that I've always found it quite odd that someone would sometimes wait for the price to increase by as much as a dollar or two per Bitcoin until we hit a wall only to then buy it all to avoid slippage  Roll Eyes

But isn't it logical to assume that paying an extra $1 is better than possibly $2-$3 in slippage?  I guess it also would depend on the mind of the trader.   Huh   Kind of like poker, no two people play it the same.  

Not really, in the past people have seen other coins sold cheaper while a wall sits there. Then when we hit it the whole thing is eaten in one go.

Posts like this one spring to mind : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1662008

Grin  Ha!  That's funny as hell and he threw it in their faces too.  Definitely food for thought.  That's actually why I come here, to learn things like that.  That's awesome.  Thanks~
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Well, if you are bullish, a wall like that means you don't get much price slippage when you buy.

Many people have given this same slippage explaination over and over again since I joined this forum.

The reason I don't believe it is that I've always found it quite odd that someone would sometimes wait for the price to increase by as much as a dollar or two per Bitcoin until we hit a wall only to then buy it all to avoid slippage  Roll Eyes

But isn't it logical to assume that paying an extra $1 is better than possibly $2-$3 in slippage?  I guess it also would depend on the mind of the trader.   Huh   Kind of like poker, no two people play it the same. 

Not really, in the past people have seen other coins sold cheaper while a wall sits there. Then when we hit it the whole thing is eaten in one go.

Posts like this one spring to mind : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1662008
first a one month storm in the middle of the ocean, now there is no wind ... what is worse?
rally to 123 -> joke intended, this is sooo boring !!

Thought so...that's why I put a smilie.  I was like, "huh...a 0.8 rally??"   Grin
Jump to: