Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33257. (Read 26463800 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
The Bitcoin barometer is becoming quite bullish on the 2h and 4h timescale, I think we're going to shift gears soon. Smiley

Up, up and away. How can it go wrong !
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
The Bitcoin barometer is becoming quite bullish on the 2h and 4h timescale, I think we're going to shift gears soon. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
That's the entire purpose of a conference, is to make people think "things are happening".  I won't read much into it until I actually "see" things happening.  

Back on the exchange front...there is continued pressure to move higher but that wall at 123, doesn't want to move for anything.  Maybe as the rest of America wakes up, they may see the push into 123 and shift their positions.

It peaked at $125 last friday now it's stagnating and propped up on low volume.

Up, up, up  Roll Eyes
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Slowly breaking upwards? Super-low volume though.

If this low volume continues there won't be enough people to buy all the coins the ASIC miners are constantly selling off.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Wall update: General Franco is still dead.

Then again, it's Wednesday  Grin
Activity: 252
Paint drying tracker...

Braindump:

When was the last time you were ready to answer the question, "So what's the price of Bitcoin then?" and could answer confidently WITHOUT checking the chart?

Currency volume is at its lowest this year.

Several days of stability with dwindling volume has happened once before this year around $48, then leading to a second wind for the spike to $200+.

Me I've been mining LTC, a little FTC. Doing real world things, perhaps this is good, been getting better quality of sleep anyway Smiley

Can Bitcoin survive another hibernation period? Should we welcome it? Am I assuming too much again and is this merely the intermission before an exciting Act III?

Were you at the conference? If you had been I don't think you would think we were in a "hibernation period" more things are happening now then ever. The good news is that the exchange rate is becoming less and less an indicator of how much in bitcoin world is happening. In reality TONS of things are going on that isn't related to the exchange rate. Bitcoin is more active then ever.

That's the entire purpose of a conference, is to make people think "things are happening".  I won't read much into it until I actually "see" things happening.  

Back on the exchange front...there is continued pressure to move higher but that wall at 123, doesn't want to move for anything.  Maybe as the rest of America wakes up, they may see the push into 123 and shift their positions.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Paint drying tracker...

Braindump:

When was the last time you were ready to answer the question, "So what's the price of Bitcoin then?" and could answer confidently WITHOUT checking the chart?

Several days of stability with dwindling volume has happened once before this year around $48, then leading to a second wind for the spike to $200+.

Me I've been mining LTC, a little FTC. Doing real world things, perhaps this is good, been getting better quality of sleep anyway Smiley

Can Bitcoin survive another hibernation period? Should we welcome it? Am I assuming too much again and is this merely the intermission before an exciting Act III?

Were you at the conference? If you had been I don't think you would think we were in a "hibernation period" more things are happening now then ever. The good news is that the exchange rate is becoming less and less an indicator of how much in bitcoin world is happening. In reality TONS of things are going on that isn't related to the exchange rate. Bitcoin is more active then ever.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
If we continue to move up $5 once a week in a mini-rally and consolidate the rest of the week we should reach a new ATH just before Christmas this year. Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think mt.gox may be starting to move - at least we are seeing new 24 hour highs (123.6)... (though, to be fair, we saw them at 9:00 as well, and then stalled again)
Wall nibbles, anyway (500BTC to 124).

The biggest move of the day is still the bid wall movement from 121 to 122. Which says a lot about how little is happening here...
legendary
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Paint drying tracker...

Braindump:

Activity: 634
Merit: 500
Edit: I am really curious though: What would happen on bitstamp if mt.gox started to rise significantly, say to 125 (or, make that 135)? There just ISN'T enough fiat on bitstamp to buy up the walls...

Rational sellers would pull their walls and move them to Gox. It wouldn't be instantaneous, but it would happen.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Yes, I think so. Due to the fact that the bidwall on Mt.Gox is now at 122, bitstamp is a bit too low.
Now the bids on bitstamp are at 118.35, and asks at 118.39 -> walls should start to get nibbled.
"Movement" is very relative though, looking that moving the walls up by 1$ would take about 1500BTC...

Edit: I am really curious though: What would happen on bitstamp if mt.gox started to rise significantly, say to 125 (or, make that 135)? There just ISN'T enough fiat on bitstamp to buy up the walls...
legendary
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Are ask walls finally beginning to be nibbled at BitStamp....?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Had a good time at the conference, definitely met some cool people. This week could be interesting.

Not much till today.
legendary
legendary
legendary