Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33251. (Read 26463835 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
During down trends, you can always spot big sellers looking to increase their profits creating bull traps
Can you explain this a little bit in details? Thank you.

If you are loaded with both coins and fiat and you want to sell a big chunk of coins you can place big bids and move them to push the price up and sell higher.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
can the spammer with the stupid 3d graphs please be banned?

howTF is "automated posting" (aka spam) allowed?

i've just reported this idiot
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
During down trends, you can always spot big sellers looking to increase their profits creating bull traps
Can you explain this a little bit in details? Thank you.
And take your tinfoil hats off from time to time  Grin

Wheres the fun in that?   Grin
legendary
During uptrends some downwards manipulation is expected (bulls love to buy coins in bear traps)

But when the market is stable... Its 99.99% just an impasse in the market, just a natural situation preceding the next trend. Occam razor. And take your tinfoil hats off from time to time  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
These askwalls and bidwalls seem far too high considering there's such low volume.

I wonder if this is a kind of DOS against Bitcoin itself.

Someone with enough USD and BTC on the exchanges could create an artificial situation like this and pull the plug either way whenever they feel like it.

This. These walls are way too coordinated.

Who would be selling right now, when Bitcoin is so obviously getting geared up to go?

So what are you guys suggesting the purpose and thus end result would be?  Speculating of course.

My reason was the conference. And it still kind of is related to it. My guess now is that Big Money works in groups, Big Money has friends. And their friends now see Bitcoin in the same light the rest of us do(at least profit-wise) - but they're not quite ready. They need to get some internal infrastructure ready for the conversion to Bitcoin. Also they might be waiting on Bitcoin exchange infrastructure to accommodate their level of planned buying; can current exchanges handle multiple buys of millions of dollars?(I am asking, I don't know) So they get back to their Big Money friends like "Yes, we get it now. We just need a few days to get everything in order. Please just hold the price for a short time, to stop a panic buy among current holders(and other companies), so we can start the real buying at these prices when we're ready." This would more than pay for the money their friends spent holding the price, at these volumes its just too easy for them.

My guess would be is that they know a gold rush is inevitable, and that it will be a race. Not everyone knows they are going to end up having to run in this race, but the ones who do want to have a stable starting line as they're walking up, so they can make sure to get their affairs in order without any kind of panic.

As in, this stability is the "take your marks" portion of the race.

That is a pretty entertaining, yet a realistic (and perhaps more than reasonable) idea to consider.

I have sort of been leaning towards individuals trying to maintain the price a bit with these walls, giving the appearance of stability or just to control wild fluctuations. Didn't give it much thought but perhaps we all should. Was never really sure what it was but I was thinking more at the individual level and not  involving complicity, or is that conspiracy?  Wink Hey, where there is money (and perhaps a bit more involved here with all that BTC is) there will be people working in cooperation, at some level. the question is just where does that level end, and start for that matter?

Wonder what chance there is that the walls sometimes come from exchanges, also for personal gain?

IAS
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
You're right. Absolute typo, I meant to write 'foaming'.
Activity: 411
"i think we can see a foot in your ass pattern forming..   "  - Red Forman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiJEMK4Z96A

Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Looks like classic head and shoulders forming.

Do you even know what that means or did you just come in here with your 7 posts and wanted to act funny?
It's a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo, maybe he's having a bath
legendary
Activity: 1246

Do you even know what that means or did you just come in here with your 7 posts and wanted to act funny?
Activity: 70
123 ask wall broken through (with a 250BTC buy). That was fast...
Whooho!

Was afk for a while, and coming back see that most of my buy order at 117.11 got filled  Grin

Definitely of topic for this thread, but that was just too cool. *veryhappy*

Wink Good for you, that's awesome!  That to me is on topic at least compared to some of the stuff we get into.   Tongue

And thanks guys for posting your opinions on the current situation.  It's obviously all speculation but some really excellent points that seem to be based on some real world truths.  I guess it won't be long before we all know.  I'm just waking up from a nap so catching up with the thread...now about those walls.
Yeah, it was pure luck. And completely crazy that such a big sell stops precisely at my bid (it did not fill it completely, just mostly).

Love that when it happens

Anyhow I love even more when the bid is filled completely, even if that means that the very bottom was a little lower Smiley
I do too. But looking as I was not even hoping for anything like that, it was cool enough as it was.
It definitely was a nice surprise on coming back.  Roll Eyes

Back to the topic of walls: 123.0 ask wall on mt.gox just getting eaten up. No more real walls to 124 then, lots of smaller orders though.
legendary
Yeah, it was pure luck. And completely crazy that such a big sell stops precisely at my bid (it did not fill it completely, just mostly).

Love that when it happens

Anyhow I love even more when the bid is filled completely, even if that means that the very bottom was a little lower Smiley
Activity: 98
Activity: 841
Bitstamp wall is slowly coming down.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1246
Whooho!

Was afk for a while, and coming back see that most of my buy order at 117.11 got filled  Grin

Definitely of topic for this thread, but that was just too cool. *veryhappy*

You're one lucky bastard, there was one big sell order of 800 BTC an hour ago that got your order filled. Tongue
Jump to: