Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33312. (Read 26463309 times)

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
912.3      666.0000 116.77020

1650.7   666.0000116.66660

Wink

someone is playing games
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon
Not going to double digits after the initial Dwolla/MtGox FUD is an über-bullish sign.

Yes, I agree. It didn't fall as much as I expected it would. I was hoping to buy in below $90.

Bulls are strong, bears are crapping their pants, and most of the members in here already sold their BTC (at least some of them) and they are waiting "the best entry point". Heck, even Smoothie sold some BTC and is waiting to buy back, IMO this means that NOW is a good entry point - maybe not the best in the short term, but I really do not see how we could be going under $90 unless something really bad happens.

Again, agree. I finally bought back at $111, but that was just luck. It's been pretty well supported above $115 lately.

No one can predict the future of bitcoin but if you're bullish I believe it's as good a time as any to get back in.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration

Interesting weekend ahead with the ask\bid spread being so far apart...

Indeed - especially as the bitcoin conference starts today...
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

Interesting weekend ahead with the ask\bid spread being so far apart...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Sorry to steal the show, but even after spending 36 hours in an emergency care unit, I still think $1,000+ peak valuation is unstoppable before Christmas. My experiences tell that even the patients here are eager to buy by the truckload, as soon as they get into the position to do so. Not everyone was picked when he had all his belongings packed to two nice cabin bags (+the silver).

Care to let us know what are your symptoms and pathology in your doctor's opinion?

Hope you get better BTW.
legendary
legendary
  However in this instance I think we could see negative repercussions of the Dwolla/mtgox episode rumble on for some time yet.

Its clear that the dwolla mtgox episode will affect the market for some time, but I'm curious what makes you think it will be negative? In the short term, I believe it will push the price up and in the long term provide a new price discovery mechanism (at the moment unknown what exactly that will be) along with much needed diversity on the exchanges.

I believe the panic triggered bu the Dwolla situation is pretty much over, unless the DHS states that this was a first action against Bitcoin itself, and not against a specific user or against gambling, which are two things not directly related to BTC.

Not going to double digits after the initial Dwolla/MtGox FUD is an über-bullish sign.

Bulls are strong, bears are crapping their pants, and most of the members in here already sold their BTC (at least some of them) and they are waiting "the best entry point". Heck, even Smoothie sold some BTC and is waiting to buy back, IMO this means that NOW is a good entry point - maybe not the best in the short term, but I really do not see how we could be going under $90 unless something really bad happens.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
  However in this instance I think we could see negative repercussions of the Dwolla/mtgox episode rumble on for some time yet.

Its clear that the dwolla mtgox episode will affect the market for some time, but I'm curious what makes you think it will be negative? In the short term, I believe it will push the price up and in the long term provide a new price discovery mechanism (at the moment unknown what exactly that will be) along with much needed diversity on the exchanges.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

Anyway you draw it, we seem to be out of the short term downtrend. I was a short term bear until today's mini rally. I dumped at 110 only to sit idly watching the ticker as it went down to 103 thinking sub 100... Bought back in at a loss at 118, we've been stable way too long and have broken through all the bearish trendlines. I really see no reason not to be long right now.
As long-time wall followers will know I'm a TA sceptic at the best of times but I'd be especially wary for the next few days at least to read too much into the Mtgox data in isolation of the other exchanges.  Where mtgox is too far off the other exchanges the likelihood is it is because people are buying btc to get them out of mtgox and very few have the means to do the arbitrage to even it out.

Long-time wall thread followers will also know I am a very optimistic long-term bull and am virtually always more questioning of anything more than slight bearish predictions than I am of bullish predictions.  However in this instance I think we could see negative repercussions of the Dwolla/mtgox episode rumble on for some time yet.
legendary
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Sure, but we'll see it hit 108 first.

Quote.
Just 'cause.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Anyway you draw it, we seem to be out of the short term downtrend. I was a short term bear until today's mini rally. I dumped at 110 only to sit idly watching the ticker as it went down to 103 thinking sub 100... Bought back in at a loss at 118, we've been stable way too long and have broken through all the bearish trendlines. I really see no reason not to be long right now.

I called a uptrend to 130/140 area just before the Dwollar story broke. I think that this is still going to happen soon.

Sure, but we'll see it hit 108 first.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

I called a uptrend to 130/140 area just before the Dwollar story broke. I think that this is still going to happen soon.
legendary
Sorry to steal the show, but even after spending 36 hours in an emergency care unit, I still think $1,000+ peak valuation is unstoppable before Christmas. My experiences tell that even the patients here are eager to buy by the truckload, as soon as they get into the position to do so. Not everyone was picked when he had all his belongings packed to two nice cabin bags (+the silver).

You said $300k before the end of the year, and anybody denying this will happen in 2013 is a fool and an ignorant. But still you did not accept to put your money where your mouth is accepting my bet proposal with odds on your favor.
Activity: 174
Merit: 253
why you all insulting rpietila?
thats at first not really polite and 2nd offtopic. if you dont like him simply hit the ignore-button and you never again need to read one of his posts.

also it is not really fair to him. he shares his oppinion and vision of the future and you guys just laught at him. if you want to show him, that he is not right then simply do it with facts and not by taking the mickey out of him.
They do it bc they feel superior due to lack of experience of life. Just wait a few more years ...
Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
why you all insulting rpietila?
thats at first not really polite and 2nd offtopic. if you dont like him simply hit the ignore-button and you never again need to read one of his posts.

also it is not really fair to him. he shares his oppinion and vision of the future and you guys just laught at him. if you want to show him, that he is not right then simply do it with facts and not by taking the mickey out of him.
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
You are seriously one of the best trolls i've seen in a long time.

Your time seems to extend all the way back to April 08, 2013, 03:13:50 PM.

I was there when it was still not possible to buy from Mt.Gox with more than $1000 per day without influencing the price by 10%+, for which reason I regarded it as a childrens' playground (and later paid 500kEUR+ for my mistake)

Date Registered:   07 October 2012, 20:52:21 

isn't that far back either...

What I think is funny about this, is that a few years from now all of us on these forums now will look like grey old men compared to the people flooding in. Even the newbies.
legendary
Jump to: